IGNORED

How Will Doug Include Costumes In This Speech?

debrand

Monday, June 24, 2013

How Architecture Helped to Shape the Character of the American Family

Come join me for a thought-provoking discussion on how family priorities have influenced architecture in American History.

I found the ad for this event on Vision Forum's blog and wondered how the heck Doug would include costumes into this speech. Any ideas?

Well, Frank Lloyd Wright did like to wear capes!

I wonder if Dougie will berate the Prairie school or modern architecture as being degenerate. Open floor plans seem to me to help bring the family together rather than everybody in their own little space. There is a trend toward kids having their own bedrooms, but I don't see that as a bad thing. (Trend isn't quite the word I'm looking for as families have been doing that for years.) I did read a great discussion the other day on Houzz about how kitchen tables brought people together in a way that islands do not as well as good discussions about front porches and swings. I even read one discussion about how you could use your front yard to make your neighborhood more neighborly. I really can't see where Dougie (is a tool!) is going with this.

I'm thinking a Village People construction worker getup.

Archived