IGNORED

Senator Wendy Davis Fights Anti-choice in Texas - Merge

tuckerphez

Anyone know what's going on now? Or can someone point me in the right direction to find out? I'd like to know what will happen now.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone know what's going on now? Or can someone point me in the right direction to find out? I'd like to know what will happen now.

Follow the Texas Tribune(@Texas Tribune) on twitter. They are they news organization that provided the live stream.

This woman stood to debate for ELEVEN hours with no toilet or meal breaks?

She deserves a medal!

SB5 is dead. The Lt. Gov. conceded that the vote occurred at 12:03am. They'll try again, no doubt, but for now, it's dead. Wendy Motherfucking Davis is my hero.

So its not passed? Abortion rights in Texas remain unchanged .- for now anyway?

No, it not. The vote took place too late, and therefore did not count.

Wendy Motherfucking Davis is my hero!

You can all see why I have a love/hate relationship with my Texas heritage through my mom's family. In this case, all LOVE!

http://i.imgur.com/Fbe3m5S.png

Sometimes I really love Wikipedia.

:clap:

That is hilarious!

Just in case it disappears, it's a wikipedia edit that refers to Tommy Williams who objected to objected to the back brace offered to Senator Davis. It says, among, other things, "He is known for hating women and having a fear of back braces."

ETA a 'the"

I watched the last hour or so of coverage on youtube. Since none of the major news outlets considered it "news."

I watched the last hour or so of coverage on youtube. Since none of the major news outlets considered it "news."

Rachel Maddow did talk about it on her program. I think Lawrence O'Donnell probably focused on the overturning of part of the Voting Rights Act or possibly "Where in the World is Ed Snowden?" Of course, President Obama made a major speech on climate change with was covered live by The Weather Channel, but not by MSNBC or CNN or the Big Three. Faux News had on a climate change denier naturally.

I'll bet Rachel will talk about it tonight. I stayed glued to the live feed till it was over.

from tumblr:

Hey everybody,

Just want to remind y’all that the Texas Tribune, whose livestream covered everything not a single damned US news network could be bothered to air, is a nonprofit organization. They’ve provided an absolutely invaluable service over the course of this whole filibuster.

[link=https://www.texastribune.org/donate/]Donations to support them would be a great way to thank them.[/link]

The Texas Democratic Party want her to run for governor. I hope that she does.

I am so amazed by Wendy Davis! And I'm thrilled that so many people showed up at the capitol to support her, and make their voices heard.

Now if they could only vote those fuckwits out of office, shit might start to change for the better.

I had no idea any of this was going on, what with the "Where's Snowden" game CNN was playing yesterday evening. After reading this thread and the SOTUS one, I am busting with happiness and in tears. Now, I'm off to like her on FB & sit back and see how many of my "friends" defriend me :D She really is a heroine.

from tumblr:

Hey everybody,

Just want to remind y’all that the Texas Tribune, whose livestream covered everything not a single damned US news network could be bothered to air, is a nonprofit organization. They’ve provided an absolutely invaluable service over the course of this whole filibuster.

[link=https://www.texastribune.org/donate/]Donations to support them would be a great way to thank them.[/link]

Shit, yeah, baby. I started giving to the Texas Trib when it was a sparkle in my best friend's eye. Her name is Betty Brink, btw, and she was the sort of journalist we all want.

Carry on.

I don't understand this whole filibuster-thing. Is there some kind of explanation somewhere for dummies? What's the point - does the side who talks the longest "win"? I'm totally and absolutely clueless. :embarrassed:

Archived