IGNORED

Senator Wendy Davis Fights Anti-choice in Texas - Merge

tuckerphez

Dems are trying to appeal a third strike, which if held up would end her filibuster.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They're making "parlimentary inquiries" of how things happened exactly, insisting to view the transcription of how things happened. They're stalling on the entire thing-- go Senate go! Filibuster-within-a-filibuster away!

Hooray! I just gave her another e-mail to read aloud. I will be following this. Closely.

I sent her one, too.

I have everything crossed right now.

less than ten minutes :)

I don't know which senator I'm quoting (might not be exact

Mr. Speaker at what point does a female senator have to raise her hand to be heard over her male colleagues?

I don't know the senators name who said that, but she set off a shit storm in the gallery and dog bless it, it's beautiful to see!

I saw posts saying "We won!" Then people in the comments said that the senators were still voting, claiming that the time spent cheering "didn't count." Anybody know what is going on?

It was Senator Leticia Van Den Putte. She had come directly from her father's funeral and delivered a line like that. Amazing.

less than ten minutes :)

I don't know which senator I'm quoting (might not be exact

Senator Letitia Van de Putte. I love her!!

I saw posts saying "We won!" Then people in the comments said that the senators were still voting, claiming that the time spent cheering "didn't count." Anybody know what is going on?

They're still standing around talking.

I would gather this is going to end in lawsuits over parliamentary procedure. I don't think there's any rule that says they can take a timeout and vote after the session ends.

Mass confusion. They are sending armed troopers into the building.

Where are you getting that information? I'm not seeing any troopers on the livestream.

Holy crap! The senate website showed the vote took place after midnight, but now someone has changed it :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: . Thankfully, everyone has seen the site before the changes were made. This is unbelievable :pull-hair:

Eta: This is insane. Many reporters saw the Senate website before the changes were made. I'm happy that the republicans look like idiots.

Archived