IGNORED

All Muslims want to kill you

formergothardite

So I checked back in with the Misunderstood God blog and it appears they have given up on telling atheist why they don't believe in God and have started in on why Muslims are evil and Christians are good. I get bored reading long paragraphs after paragraphs so I just skimmed, but one of the reasons they can't just coexist with Muslims is because even the nice looking ones are evil and want to kill you.

They start out quoting a book and then to "prove" that the book is right about Muslims they go find a random Muslim and have this conversation:

Me:So, there’s a rumor going around Selma, that Muslims believe that any non-Muslims should be killed…umm, is that true? I’m just doing some research of my own…concerning religion…

Selma:(random beautiful Muslim woman at the local park) “Yes, well…we believe, uhh, we believe that if anyone should try to stop Islam, or try to end our faith…that they should, you know, not be on the earth. Yes.â€

Me: (while our children link legs to make a body train to go down the slide) “So…non-Muslims? They try to take away Islam? Do they try and take your faith?â€

Selma: “Most do, yes.â€

misunderstoodgod.wordpress.com/2013/06/24/do-all-roads-lead-to-god/

Hmmm - I guess I'll have to tell my husband that his office neighbors aren't really being nice when they share their leftover party foods with him. They are really trying to kill him. He'll probably just count it as a tasty way to die and keep eating... :)

Hmmm - I guess I'll have to tell my husband that his office neighbors aren't really being nice when they share their leftover party foods with him. They are really trying to kill him. He'll probably just count it as a tasty way to die and keep eating... :)

LOL. I think that if this conversation actually happened, the lady was just messing with her. I mean, if some random person came up to me and was all "So there is a rumor going around that atheist are planning to kill all non-atheist, is that true?" I might be all "Hell yes we are planning to take over the world." because it is such a stupid question.

Ooh, wow, yeah. I can totally confirm this, because my Muslim neighbors insisted I come in their house when our boys were playing together and they fed me cake and tea. Obviously they had homicide on their minds.

Ooh, wow, yeah. I can totally confirm this, because my Muslim neighbors insisted I come in their house when our boys were playing together and they fed me cake and tea. Obviously they had homicide on their minds.

TEA!!! :pink-shock: How evil!

Anyone remember the name of the short video someone posted a couple days ago about a guy who thought his roommate was trying to kill him by continually offering him tea? :lol:

I think I have met more Muslims than Christians in my life. People are very private about their beliefs here in Sweden though (at least if they are atheists/agnostics or Christians). Anyway, I have only had good experiences with the Muslim people that I have met. With the Christians... well I don't know... A Christian actually managed to offend me at a friend's 35:th party three weeks ago. I was stunned. It was surreal (I still can't grasp my head around it...). So far no Muslims have offended me, and I am to believe they want to kill me? Yes, sure...

I just realized that she discussed virginity with this woman right after meeting her. Discussing something like that with a total stranger is just weird. Really, really weird.

Years ago, when I was a teenager, my Muslim friend invited me to a wonderful feast her family and friends hold every year. There were hundreds of types of food, and everyone was open and welcoming, even though I was one of two Christians there. Surely, there must have been some nefarious, hidden agenda that involved our total annihilation through wonderful Egyptian delicacies!

(P.S. - I still have lurid fantasies about those sesame cakes that were soaked in honey, even after all these years...mmm, honey cakes...)

I actually had a fundie tell me that all I wanted to do was kill people because I'm Muslim. He only knew I am because of me hijab. I LOVE it when people tell me what I want to do when they've never met me before. It just clears up so many questions about my life (and I'd stick an eye rolling smiley in here right now but I'm on my phone and can't find them!)

I actually had a fundie tell me that all I wanted to do was kill people because I'm Muslim. He only knew I am because of me hijab. I LOVE it when people tell me what I want to do when they've never met me before. It just clears up so many questions about my life (and I'd stick an eye rolling smiley in here right now but I'm on my phone and can't find them!)

What! You mean you aren't planning on killing us all?! How can that be?! They found one Muslim who said that they would kill all non-Muslims so obviously that means all Muslims feel the exact same way. :roll:

I tried to read the rest of these bloggers more recent posts and it was just all "blah, blah, blah. We are right you are wrong." It is hard to tell when they are writing and when they are quoting from a book. They have another story where they(or maybe the author of the book they have been quoting?) convince an atheist to believe in God by having some sort of Ray Comfort style conversation. Yeah, I don't believe that happened either.

I call bullshit on the story. No way would a fundie allow her child to be friends with an ebil Muslim, and even if she did, I highly doubt the "Muslim mom" would come out and say that her religion instructs adherents to kill non-Muslims.

A few other things I'm doubting from this post:

*that the encounter with the pastor described in the beginning of the post actually happened

*that the author of the book quoted experienced "compassion about Muslims and their treatment after 9/1"

Ok, I'm just calling BS on the whole thing (blog post and book excerpt).

Recently, my brother took my son to a friend's house whose wife's family just happened to be Muslim. My son thought the food was excellent and was amused that the little, old grandmother wanted to watch wrestling. I'll have to tell him those nice Muslims were just doing research on ways to kill him.

Egads, dd's Muslim boyfriend is on his way over. What to do?

Hide all the utensils and provide only sporks. I don't think that you can kill anyone with a plastic spork but who knows, those Muslims are a tricky bunch. They probably take Christian killing class in preschool.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spork

If I understand correctly - some Muslim fundies do believe that apostates and those that wage war on Islam should be killed (NOT that all non-Muslims should be killed. Obviously). My personal experience is that your average British Muslim pharmacist / Mum / IT repair guy doesn't actually put this into practice. Kind of like the Bible says that homosexuals should be put to death but British Christians don't generally go round killing gays. In fact mention this to your average British churchgoer and they'll tell you that the verse was mistranslated or something. It can be a bit trickier for Muslims, who are required to literally believe in the Koran, and a hostile interviewer can trap them in a logical corner this way. "Sooo, you believe every verse of the Koran is true then? So, you must believe this verse here that says..." NOT helpful to anyone, these guys are just out to stir up trouble. Fundies of whatever religion - ugh.

Egads, dd's Muslim boyfriend is on his way over. What to do?

Fight fire with fire, offer him pie!!! :pizza: (Not pie, but pizza pie, close enough)

If I understand correctly - some Muslim fundies do believe that apostates and those that wage war on Islam should be killed (NOT that all non-Muslims should be killed. Obviously). My personal experience is that your average British Muslim pharmacist / Mum / IT repair guy doesn't actually put this into practice. Kind of like the Bible says that homosexuals should be put to death but British Christians don't generally go round killing gays. In fact mention this to your average British churchgoer and they'll tell you that the verse was mistranslated or something. It can be a bit trickier for Muslims, who are required to literally believe in the Koran, and a hostile interviewer can trap them in a logical corner this way. "Sooo, you believe every verse of the Koran is true then? So, you must believe this verse here that says..." NOT helpful to anyone, these guys are just out to stir up trouble. Fundies of whatever religion - ugh.

Exactly. Your average Muslim at the park letting their kids run and play with other kids most likely isn't thinking that non-Muslims should be killed. The one fundie who came here wanted to literally stone gay people and he would do it himself and he had the Bible verses to back that up, but it doesn't mean that most Christians(even most fundie Christians) are going to interpret the Bible that way.

How in hell does stupidity like this keep coming up with such terrible regularity?

I'm willing to bet I know how the conversation actually went:

Fundie: I heard this, uh, rumor that the Qur'an includes passages about killing non-believers - especially those who oppose the spread of Islam.

Muslim: There are certainly a few passages that say we have a right and a duty to fight when we're surrounded by hostile forces, but there are differences of opinion among the Imams as to whether the Jihad is a physical struggle or a struggle of the mind. Muslims are commanded to be good neighbors - especially to other People of the Book.

Fundie (to self): I knew it. She even admits it! They'd, like, not only kill us but east us too if it meant preserving and expanding Islam. I can't wait to warn my fangirls.

Because, yeah, opening a conversation with, 'I heard a rumor all Muslims want to kill people. What say you, Muslim?' is precisely the correct way to begin a serious interfaith dialogue.

Death by diabetes!! :pink-shock: (Said by a diabetic)

Seriously though, two women I went to nursing school with are Muslim. Excellent nurses. One is a peds nurse. The other works in a doctors office. And I'll tell you, the peds nurse, I have a lot of respect for. She has to deal with cranky parents and sick kids. And she does a great job at it.

If I understand correctly - some Muslim fundies do believe that apostates and those that wage war on Islam should be killed (NOT that all non-Muslims should be killed. Obviously). My personal experience is that your average British Muslim pharmacist / Mum / IT repair guy doesn't actually put this into practice. ... It can be a bit trickier for Muslims, who are required to literally believe in the Koran, and a hostile interviewer can trap them in a logical corner this way. "Sooo, you believe every verse of the Koran is true then? So, you must believe this verse here that says..." NOT helpful to anyone, these guys are just out to stir up trouble. Fundies of whatever religion - ugh.

Yes, that´s correct. BUT there are a lot of people out there who consider themselves Muslim, believe in the Koran but believe in a more open way to interprete it. Another example would be the verse to hit women - it depends who is talking to you. A few a*** do hit their woman because of this while others believe in the interpretation "don´t interact with them" and just leave them alone.

Yes, that´s correct. BUT there are a lot of people out there who consider themselves Muslim, believe in the Koran but believe in a more open way to interprete it. Another example would be the verse to hit women - it depends who is talking to you. A few a*** do hit their woman because of this while others believe in the interpretation "don´t interact with them" and just leave them alone.

Eh. It's been my experience that any man who would hit his wife does so because he's an asshole, not because his holy book says it's okay. There are all kinds of ways to justify abuse if you're an abuser.

Death by diabetes!! :pink-shock: (Said by a diabetic)

Seriously though, two women I went to nursing school with are Muslim. Excellent nurses. One is a peds nurse. The other works in a doctors office. And I'll tell you, the peds nurse, I have a lot of respect for. She has to deal with cranky parents and sick kids. And she does a great job at it.

In my TESOL class, fully half the students were Muslim, as was the teacher. The Boston bombings happened during the class, and I walked into the room the next day to find very obvious tension. All of them were absolutely terrified of anti-Muslim backlash, even in a city outside of Boston/the US and even before anyone knew who the perpetrator was. I will never forget the looks on my classmates' faces.

Archived