IGNORED

19 Kids and Counting - All Things Duggar Family - Part 5

happy atheist

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How does Gothard get people to sign on with his program? Is there some advertising done to get them interested? Or is it more a word-of-mouth thing?

There is a huge culture of people in this country who buy into fear and believe there is a fix for everything. Don't like immigrants -- build a wall along the borders that'll fix it. Afraid of other people/crime? Own a firearm or several dozen and you will be safe. Afraid your kids are going to become pregnant, get on drugs, fall in with the wrong crowd -- raise them in isolation with other 'perfect' families.

Mr. Tribe and I are atheists. We raised three beautiful children. No problems with drugs, sex, the law. Yes, they were not prefect teenagers, nobody is perfect, we never expected them to be. We did not panic and go off the deep end when they weren't perfect. We also never expected them to live an illusion and accepted them for who they were, warts and all. We never felt the need to 'beak their spirit'. Instead, we taught them responsibility and self control. We never felt the need to beat them, or to ship them off to re-training camps.

shelbyywhite Guess who met the Duggars today! #nylf #vacation #camp #arkansas #washington #dc #hashtag #longhashtag #duggars #sameculture #woopigsuie http:// instagram.com/p/a7aEmOCq1M/#

[attachment=0]367605b6dc8611e280cd22000a9f18de_7.jpg[/attachment]

michelle is loaded down with the beverages there. but what is that dangling from her hand, a piece of fried chicken or what?

michelle is loaded down with the beverages there. but what is that dangling from her hand, a piece of fried chicken or what?

I'm thinking its a bag of cheese popcorn

Don't forget about perpendicular. Or when they went to that historic home (was it the Vanderbilt's?) and they learned about shapes and colours.

Yep, they went to the Biltmore House near Asheville, NC built on the impetus os George Washington Vanderbilt, the son of William Henry Vanderbilt and grandson of Cornelius. One of first thins that Mr Vanderbilt did when he started building the house was to build an Episcopal Church close by for the family and the workers to attend. The church, All Souls, now serves as the cathedral for the Episcopal Diocese of western NC. Vanderbilt also established the first school of forestry in America.

Mullet's hair looks really bad, fried and greasy. Is she wearing extensions as well?

I agree with you on Mullet's hair.

I agree with you on Mullet's hair.

Either she has bad highlights or the extensions do not match.

Also what's happened to her neck in that pic.

Also what's happened to her neck in that pic.

She tends to do that funny no-neck pose in pictures - osteoporosis?

ATI because it looks like it guarantees good, Christian (non rebellious ) teens.

This is its roots--Gothard started out teaching parents how to not have teenage rebellion. The emphasis on "hospitality" and "fellowship" IS to model an ideal family and IS meant to hook families in. Gothard is likely laughing all the way to the bank on TLCS free publicity. After all, we've been show the "homeschool group" meetings where people (pulled in off the street??) have even been shown in normal clothing and not just in the Mormon Missionary-look-alike cult uniform. We've been shown the "fun" Boy Scout-like program (which should get a HUGE boost in enrollment from all the Southern Baptist Churches [and similar] pulling out of BSA and we're now seeing the Duggar "girls" have a "career". It's a dream come true for Gothard. And NO ONE--not TLC, not the Today Show, no one! is looking past the facade.

The show reminds me of the Illustrated London News in the 1930s showing a "model" concentration camp as though it was a good thing and the people interred there were 'happy.' Or LIFE or LOOK showing the Japanese Internment Camps as "All American." Same thing.

People ARE scared of stuff teens can get into. Gothard makes it sound "do-able" to have model kids. Who, working 2 or 3 jobs to pay for kids, doesn't dream of being debt free and having a husband and wife at home together and not seeing each other at 2 am as one goes to bed and the other goes to work? The allure IS real.

I just wish there were real news shows still so they could investigate the cult.

Does anyone think TLC will come out and admit that Smugger works for a hate group? I doubt it. They'll find a way to spin it, and make it seem like he's doing great things for this organization in DC. How did Smugger hear about this opportunity? I definitely think that Boob had something to do it with it. It never played out on the show. I hope that they're actually honest about Smugger's job, but I doubt that'll happen. The Duggars don't know what honesty is.

Mullet having osteoporsis has been speculated here quite a bit. I think is likely with all the pregnancies she has had and there was an older thread here that compared past pictures from the late 90s to more recent pics and she seems to have shrunk a bit.

We'd never know if Mullet has osteoporosis because she'd probably never be formally diagnosed with it. Are they going to wait until she seriously injures herself to see what's really going on? Obviously being pregnant 19 times has done some damage to her body. Mullet is no spring chicken.

The Duggar kids remind of me of anything other than what they are: kids in a family. The adults have no opportunity to strike out on their own. Well, except for Smugger, but that's only because he got married at 20, way before he was mature enough and was able to move out. Smugger and Anna have been together for five years, and what have they accomplished? They have three kids. Anna has never had a job, and has a college degree from an online school. Smugger acts like he owns businesses, and takes jobs with hate groups. These parents need to let these kids be KIDS and for once, and explore the world around them. They're going to be scared to death when they're finally able to leave. If that ever happens. Boob and J'Chelle are awful parents. Neither of them deserve parent of the year awards. It's all BS!

Boob and Mullet think that God gave them the older girls to manage the gaggle of boys they have. That says a lot about how they value their kids.

Yeah, I'll bet she's got osteoporosis from all that non-stop childbearing followed by a few months of breastfeeding. Breastfeeding itself doesn't cause osteoporosis, but the bones to need a time to recalcify post-weaning. She needs to weight bearing exercise, eat right, and maybe take drugs to rebuild her bone density or at least arrest the bone loss.

she takes calcium pills. said so in the skating episode if I recall.

I wouldn't be surprised if she gets those monthly infusions to help with bone structure.

I would really love to see a total MRI/x-ray of her body... compare it to someone of her age who didn't have kids.

Either she has bad highlights or the extensions do not match.

I was thinking highlights. Probably ones her daughters did for her. They don't look very good.

The Duggars are ignorant when it comes to body issues. They think that the female body is made for reproduction and nothing else. I bet if they had symptoms of something, they’d try to pray it away, and pass it off as nothing, until it became something too serious to treat. Regardless of these girls sexual activity (Or lack thereof) they should be getting yearly exams. Maybe J’Chelle and Boob don’t want them to, because they’ll find out that one of the J’Slaves is infertile, and their plan of having a thousand grandkids will be all for nothing. They care more about producing babies, than they do about overall health. There’s more to a woman’s life than having babies. Even though these people are taught the opposite.

. Regardless of these girls sexual activity (Or lack thereof) they should be getting yearly exams. Maybe J’Chelle and Boob don’t want them to, because they’ll find out that one of the J’Slaves is infertile, and their plan of having a thousand grandkids will be all for nothing. They care more about producing babies, than they do about overall health. There’s more to a woman’s life than having babies. Even though these people are taught the opposite.

Do you think Michelle's doctor has ever told her and Jim Bob the girls need examinations?

The Duggars are ignorant when it comes to body issues. They think that the female body is made for reproduction and nothing else. I bet if they had symptoms of something, they’d try to pray it away, and pass it off as nothing, until it became something too serious to treat. Regardless of these girls sexual activity (Or lack thereof) they should be getting yearly exams. Maybe J’Chelle and Boob don’t want them to, because they’ll find out that one of the J’Slaves is infertile, and their plan of having a thousand grandkids will be all for nothing. They care more about producing babies, than they do about overall health. There’s more to a woman’s life than having babies. Even though these people are taught the opposite.

This is actually an very interesting issue, I think.

Was the Duggars´opinion on preventive medical care as like yearly gyn. exams for women and (and we taking women here, even if they are still "girls" in their own world) ever stated? Did they give us their personal view on that topic anywhere?

I remember reading a blog written by an ex-quiverfull in her early 20s and she said, she wasn´t allowed to go to a gyn. despite feeling there´s something not in order within her body because her mother feared, the exam would "break her seal". Do the Duggars have the same view, would they also rather let their daughters suffer before allowing them to consult a ebil vagina doc (even a female)?

The Duggars will do whatever it takes to keep their daughters as pure as possible. Even if that means risking their health. I bet that Anna had never seen a gyno until she got pregnant.

Why do you have yearly gyny exams? Its not something done in the UK. We go for our smears obviously, and have pelvics if you have a pelvic related problem, but other than that we don't have yearly pelvic exams.

Archived