IGNORED

Candy Crush

lizziesmom

I've slunk away from this one. I don't want to spend money on it, and I don't want to beg friends for lives, because I don't want to admit how much time I spend on a computer game.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The blasted level 165 has got me swearing in three different languages. If the cursed bombs don't get you, the dratted regenerating chocolate will. Is this a ploy to get me off chocolate?

• 2 weeks later...
The blasted level 165 has got me swearing in three different languages. If the cursed bombs don't get you, the dratted regenerating chocolate will. Is this a ploy to get me off chocolate?

Definitely a conspirancy! Have you beaten it yet?

Still on 165, getting very discouraged.

Aw! Hang in there. It eventually all comes together. Are you able to use boosters from the prize wheel?

I'm on 266 and addicted. Yes... payed $ a few times to get extra moves to finish a level. But only a few times. On 74 in dreamworld. I have gotten stuck on a level or two for many weeks but eventually you get lucky.

• 1 month later...

Warning! Shameless brag!

I am on 515, the last level before the next update. Of course, I've been on it for 2+ weeks now and have used every prize wheel booster, with the best result being one away from beating it. It has taken me approximately 9 months to get to this point, so it definitely is a long term addiction commitment :)

I'm caught up on the levels on my phone/ipad. Working through the new ones on the computer (it updates sooner). The dreamworld keeps me kinda happy in the meantime. Well that and a few of the other games...i need to quit!!

I was ready to quit after being stuck on level 153 for a month. Gave it one more go today and got it.

I swear the thing reads my mind because it always turns out like this when I'm about to quit.

Is this a conspiracy? (Borrowing some cray-cray theories from ZsuZsu).

STILL on level 165 on the iPhone, level 95 on the iPad. Maybe the iPad version will let me get through 165. There's not way for me to win this, not with the measly amount of blues coming in. I counted - there are less blues than any other colour, at any given time. I call shenanigans.

I think the more combos of stripes/wrapped candies, etc, the more blues will come.

You guys use the spin wheel for the bonus stuff, right?

Wow. My mother plays it on more than one device, too. I'm not that dedicated - that and I get cross-eyed trying to play on the iPhone. Ipad just went to 545. Out of curiosity, how much earlier does the computer update?

It usually updates at the same time as the mobile versions, BUT it is ahead, so if the mobile updated to level 515, the computer version is updating to level 540 or something like that. On all the King games it is like that, the computer version has more levels than the mobiles. Right now I can only play new levels on the computer for CC and pet saga...and the new pepper one is only computer so far. Can someone say addict? lol!!

I was in the 400s when I quit a few months ago.

I had a relative who wouldn't stop posting "I beat you" updates the game provides on my FB wall(i'm quite OCD about that wall lol) and the newest element of spontaneity ruined the game for me.

I'm not getting sucked in to that money pit scam. I prefer other free 3-match games.

I'm not getting sucked in to that money pit scam. I prefer other free 3-match games.

If it helps, I haven't spent anything on it, wait maybe a dollar on one level that took forever. The move I needed to complete it was right there. It is much more than a 3 match game, but I understand not wanting to take it on when you have other games you like!

Karen77, thanks for the info! How is the veggie game? Same strategy or differently type of play?

Meep, I've played some levels for weeks. Usually after a particularly challenging level, there a few in a row that are easier to get.

Jilli, how irritating!

I'm on 245 regular and 104 owl. I think 245 (5 stripes/wraps combinations) might be actually impossible. I've gotten 3 before, but never any further. Still, that's the way it is. I hear it's easier on a real computer, but I only play on my phone.

You don't have to spend money on it. I understand they must rake in a zillion dollars, but ve never spent a dime. With the really tough levels it just seems to come down to eventually getting a bunch of good combinations in a row. Sometimes it takes months, but eventually it happens,

If it helps, I haven't spent anything on it, wait maybe a dollar on one level that took forever. The move I needed to complete it was right there. It is much more than a 3 match game, but I understand not wanting to take it on when you have other games you like!

Karen77, thanks for the info! How is the veggie game? Same strategy or differently type of play?

Meep, I've played some levels for weeks. Usually after a particularly challenging level, there a few in a row that are easier to get.

Jilli, how irritating!

the veggie one isn't bad (farm heroes) but I prefer pet saga and the pepper one, and I like the witch bubble one too. but alas....gotta have something on my phone to play and I am past the mobile levels on most of them. so can only play those on my computer. I think I'm on level 548 on CC and on the owl I'm on 101, but I don't play that one as much.

Miracle of all miracles, yesterday I finally passed the dreaded level 165 - no payments involved. Now how do I solve level 167...

Miracle of all miracles, yesterday I finally passed the dreaded level 165 - no payments involved. Now how do I solve level 167...

I'm at the same spot. I was stuck on 165 for several months, and have been stuck on 167 for a couple weeks :lol: but I play Sims Freeplay obsessively, and just started the Game of Thrones game app....so I' ll probably be stuck for several more weeks

Archived