IGNORED

Jana and Jill on Parentables

Lillybee

It just happened she was led to Gothard's midwife program instead of nursing school. Oh please! When will someone in television expose this cult for what it is.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It just happened she was led to Gothard's midwife program instead of nursing school. Oh please! When will someone in television expose this cult for what it is.

Since Christianity is the default of America's religious population, ignorant American Christians wouldn't believe that a Christian grass-roots sect could be cultist. Now, those non-Christian religions' sects on the other hand... :roll:

Plus, if she went to real nursing school, she would have to examine a man at some point and she might see a penis before she is married!! :o

I went to a private Catholic school before heading to a state school for nursing. I was shocked at a lot of the things I saw, but I had my own morals and convictions that kept me from getting in with "the wrong crowd." I actually ended up working at a methadone clinic right after I graduated (the only job I could get at first!) and definitely met a lot of people my parents (and the Duggars) would never have approved of. It was very eye opening for a sheltered Catholic girl!

At some point parents have to stop sheltering their kids and hope that they've done a good enough job teaching them right from wrong and how to be a good, morally sound person. By the way the Duggars seem to keep a firm grasp on their children you wonder if they somehow feel they went wrong.

Well, TLC pays for those trips, but it's not about the money. The Duggars simply don't want their kids mixing with the sort of people who attend state nursing schools. Or as Michelle recently put it, they don't want them to get "sucked into the world".

Personally, I don't think parents are responsible for providing college educations for their kids. Not everyone can afford to educate their kids past high school, and if parents have other kids to feed and clothe things have to be prioritized. They are, however, responsible for ensuring their kids get an adequate education up until that point, and the Duggars haven't even done that.

The question has been raised about Josh, but I think it can be expanded to all of the adult Duggar offspring. At what point do adults become responsible for their own life situations? Being born into a fundie nuthouse, they started their adult lives with some serious disadvantages. But they haven't been sheltered to the point that they don't understand that most people in our society don't agree that women should be under their father's total control until they marry and then pass to their husband's control. Jill knows there are young women who attend accredited co-ed schools and graduate to become doctors and nurses. At some level all of the adult Duggars must understand that they are legally free to leave once they turn 18.

I know just thinking about breaking away would probably be very scary for them. But with each year spent as an adult unquestioningly accepting their parents’ bullshit, they lose a little bit more of my sympathy.

I think the young adult Duggars have earned the money to go to college or run a car lot or start a towing business. It might be considered "help" from their parents - but they have all been working on that show for years, and should get some of the monetary rewards.

Wowzers! I followed a link on that page and it sure looks like the Duggars don't need the MOTH Maxwellian schedule system anymore:

tlc.howstuffworks.com/home/duggar-home-pictures6.htm

A word-processed chore schedule. Neener neener, Stevovah!!!!!!!!! :nenner:

What lies. We all know they never wake up at 7:30.

It takes all of 10 minutes to plug some bullshit into a word processor and print it out. I call shenanigans on this one.

According to this schedule the kids start their schoolwork/chores at 8:30 after breakfast and continue all the way through to 5pm except for a 30 minute lunch break. I am impressed that they can keep kids working/studying for this length of time. She should come to my school and give all us teachers lessons on how to make kids work. [sarcasm]

Dear Michelle, if you are going to tell lies try to make them believable. We all know your family sleep late and we all know your kids have (need?) play time.

It's not that she supported (observed) a teenage mother who had to give away her baby, it's that she's so sheltered that she can't appreciate that it's far more complex than a 'joyful' highlight in her career (inso far as it is a career).

She had to give her baby away? How do you know this? Are you saying a 14 year old young woman cant on her own mind decide she doesnt want the baby?

"The timing didn't work out" is just another version of Josh "thinking" about law school, or the Duggar daughter who takes photos with an expensive camera having a "career" in photography. In one of the early specials, when they were trying to fake being mainstream, didn't the kids sound off about all sorts of career possibilities? "I want to be a chef!" It's all BS.

As a published writer, I've had many people tell me about how they're also thinking of writing a novel. Dreams are good. I have many. But dreams don't = doing it.

For the most part, the Duggars are reality show stars covering up the most unsavory aspects of their Gothardism. That's it.

Jinger's the photographer. Didn't she do all those photos of.... which boy, Justin? For a 17 year old girl who hasn't taken classes and not much knowledge except what she might've picked up hanging around a camera crew, she had some decent work. She's the same age as Miss Raquel, maybe a year younger, and even with a fancy camera, Miss Raquel's just taking snapshots.

Imagine, Jinger escapes to... I dunno, let's be plausible here, Tulsa, majors in Multimedia at Oral Roberts (I said plausible, not necessarily enviable), gets a little studio apartment and works for a local TV station and does freelance fundie photography shoots for people who want their baby and wedding photographs taken by the famous Ms Jinger. She buys herself a fantastic pair of boots to wear with her pencil skirts and snazzy jackets, goes to the coffee shop every morning and one Sunday, she notices her favourite barista, Jack, at the mega-non-denominational church she's attending. They roll their eyes at the weeks they've both been there, missing each other in the crowds, and he asks for her number. Jack and Jinger break up after six months, because Jinger thinks he's too controlling, and she's just not ready for another relationship like she had with her dad, but she realises something, she's OK with that. She's glad for the time they spent together, and she pulls the photograph of him- the one she took in that rainstorm when he took off his shirt and jumped into the fountain and thinks, "I'll put it away for now, but not forever."

Er. Yeah, think I forgot that whole "plausible" thing toward the end. But, still. Kinda sad when our dreams for the Duggars are bigger than theirs.

She had to give her baby away? How do you know this? Are you saying a 14 year old young woman cant on her own mind decide she doesnt want the baby?

Honestly in fundie circles where babies are held of the utmost priority and importance if you hear of someone giving up their baby it is safe to say it was a coerced decision because the woman in question was made to feel she is not adequate to raise a child. There are two choices for pregnant fundie girls. Marry the father or give the baby up to "a good christian family" There is no support for choosing to be a single mother. It simply doesn't happen.

[

Honestly in fundie circles where babies are held of the utmost priority and importance if you hear of someone giving up their baby it is safe to say it was a coerced decision because the woman in question was made to feel she is not adequate to raise a child. There are two choices for pregnant fundie girls. Marry the father or give the baby up to "a good christian family" There is no support for choosing to be a single mother. It simply doesn't happen.

Thank you to explain. I didnt know it that the 14 year old girl was came from a fundie family.

Off the topic for moment but if a Duggar girl pregnant and not married, I cant imagine it Jim-Bob and Michelle would want her to give away the baby. I think they would say the baby is belong to the family and would raise it as a Duggar. I never believe they would give away to adoption one of their own even if its from unwed daughter.

Thank you to explain. I didnt know it that the 14 year old girl was came from a fundie family.

Off the topic for moment but if a Duggar girl pregnant and not married, I cant imagine it Jim-Bob and Michelle would want her to give away the baby. I think they would say the baby is belong to the family and would raise it as a Duggar. I never believe they would give away to adoption one of their own even if its from unwed daughter.

If (and it's a pretty big if) a Duggar girl got pregnant while still in Fundiedom, I suspect there would be a "shotgun wedding" with Jim Bob standing behind the groom with one of John-David's guns. No way the Duggars would allow one of their precious miracles have a baby out of wedlock.

Archived