IGNORED

Jana and Jill on Parentables

Lillybee

Here's my conspiracy theory. Cause there ain't no way Jill was off by herself with some 14-year-old single mom for 12 weeks.

Jill is actually referring to herself when she speaks of this 14-year-old friend. Jill went rouge at 14 and got herself preggo. Secondary to horrifying repercussions of her SIN IN THE CAMP, she chose the path of fear and started parroting Gothardese more perfectly than any Duggar child. Jill is 22 and would have been 14 in 2005. Know what this means?

JOHANNA is really JILL'S child.

:popcorn2: :lol:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally, we hear from the real moms of the Duggar house!

Sounds like a great new reality show ala" the Real Housewives of..."-the "Real Moms of the Duggar Household"!!!

I wonder how much they are paying for this on-line bible study? And forgive my ignorance, but which bible verses are applicable for training to be a midwife? I can totally see Jill getting her certificate and then flashing it around in some far-off missionary as proof that she is a trained midwife.

I'm convinced that Jill is happy with her calling, but what happens to the rest of the girls? I have an idea that midwifery is the only acceptable career. So will we see Joy and Jinger following in their sisters' footsteps?

If it's the Midwifery Institute of America, it's $2000 (according to their website). I haven't found a link to anything offered by Gothard & Friends, but he tends to charge a hell of a lot more (although, there may be a freebie going in response to all the propoganda their doing for him).

Incidentally, is the College-Minus course actually referred to specifically by the show? Guess who also offers grossly overpriced CLEP courses through Edison State? You guessed it, their old mate Bill Gothard.

Why do fundie parents think their children are so unsure in their faith that they need constant watching and protection even after they have reached adulthood? After 18 years of indoctrination in a life they say makes everyone happy, why would they be worried that the secular world (where all women are apparently wretchedly unhappy) will corrupt them? Is it actually the case that maybe the faith isn't that strong or that they actually realise that secular life is actually pretty fun?

Pretty sure I found the Tx program Jill is doing online. It is Midwifery Institute of America. It trains young Christian women to be midwives. They actual have a location in NW Arkansas that has dorms(it is located in Witter AR) but I'm sure Jill would not be allowed to do the resident training program. After completing the online courses(which includes lots of Bible study) the website states, " Upon completion of the course we will send the student a certificate of completion. This certificate does not give the student a legal right to practice midwifery, but is an acknowledgment of the considerable amount of study that she has accomplished"

Just hope Jill can get what she needs and wants out of this program.

Wow. Just wow. :cray-cray: I'm sure all that bible study is going to help with a crisis of health. This is just as stupid as letting bean counters make decisions about medical treatment/procedures.

Here's my conspiracy theory. Cause there ain't no way Jill was off by herself with some 14-year-old single mom for 12 weeks.

Jill is actually referring to herself when she speaks of this 14-year-old friend. Jill went rouge at 14 and got herself preggo. Secondary to horrifying repercussions of her SIN IN THE CAMP, she chose the path of fear and started parroting Gothardese more perfectly than any Duggar child. Jill is 22 and would have been 14 in 2005. Know what this means?

I love this theory.

Why do fundie parents think their children are so unsure in their faith that they need constant watching and protection even after they have reached adulthood? After 18 years of indoctrination in a life they say makes everyone happy, why would they be worried that the secular world (where all women are apparently wretchedly unhappy) will corrupt them? Is it actually the case that maybe the faith isn't that strong or that they actually realise that secular life is actually pretty fun?

:clap: Thank you! Will someone bring this to their attention! Do they realize how ridiculous this is? First I thought the Duggars did it for safety, because they are "famous" :roll: But what's the deal with the other not so famous fundies?

Yep. He has the course listed on the ati website and check here http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/c ... 13460.html the 8th entry.

Interesting that someone mentions on there that waterbirths are heathen in ATI, given that Smuggar's wife just had one! Wonder if that was why she wanted them to drain the water.

I'm gonna play Gothard's (Devil's) advocate here for a minute. Let's say that Gothard opens The Midwifery Institue of America. And let's say that the young women who are expected to attend should be Godly, modest, and have chaperones. What, exactly, is stopping Gothard and others who run similar schools in situations like these from finding credible instructors and cobbling together the proper curricula necessary for earning a true, nationally recognized degree?

Surely it could be arranged for girls alone to enter the school, they could have their faith and dress modestly (I'm thinking they could all chaperone one another if no men were allowed to attend). These young women will be charged withe the safekeeping of the women and babies they help deliver, so why not, I don't know, PROPERLY educate them in how to do this?

Why do Gothardite rules correlate so strongly with obtaining only a mediocre education? And the excuse for this can't possibly be nudity, hell, when dealing with labor and delivery, Gothardite trainees will inevitably have to see the new mothers in some state of undress, perhaps perform certain examinations, etc.

Wow. Just wow. :cray-cray: I'm sure all that bible study is going to help with a crisis of health. This is just as stupid as letting bean counters make decisions about medical treatment/procedures.

Jill: The baby is stuck? I know EXACTLY what to do! *gets on knees to pray to God*

Even if I was a fundie I wouldn't be very comfortable having someone with that much magical thinking presiding over my child and I's health.

I had been considering attending nursing school for a while, but the timing of it all wasn’t working out

Yeah. I had been considering attending astronaut school so I could fly to Mars, but the timing didn't work out.

It's our very own Duggar soap opera! 19 Kids and Subtracting.

Sounds like Sarah Palin's Babygate.

If it's the Midwifery Institute of America, it's $2000 (according to their website). I haven't found a link to anything offered by Gothard & Friends, but he tends to charge a hell of a lot more (although, there may be a freebie going in response to all the propoganda their doing for him).

Incidentally, is the College-Minus course actually referred to specifically by the show? Guess who also offers grossly overpriced CLEP courses through Edison State? You guessed it, their old mate Bill Gothard.

If you go o the ati site, under Family there's a link to a PDF of all the electives that you can sign up to study for. Midwifery is listed on the PDF.

Pretty sure I found the Tx program Jill is doing online. It is Midwifery Institute of America. It trains young Christian women to be midwives. They actual have a location in NW Arkansas that has dorms(it is located in Witter AR) but I'm sure Jill would not be allowed to do the resident training program. After completing the online courses(which includes lots of Bible study) the website states, " Upon completion of the course we will send the student a certificate of completion. This certificate does not give the student a legal right to practice midwifery, but is an acknowledgment of the considerable amount of study that she has accomplished"

The goal of the school is to train young women to serve in Christian missions. the application process is a character assessment. Odd that the school has a physical location in AR but gives the certification via TX? Is is somehow related to ATI?

Just hope Jill can get what she needs and wants out of this program.

Does it say anything about having to do practicum hours out in the community? Because it does look like Jill is spending a reasonable amount of time assisting in births, and not just studying from books.

Its sad that Jana is not allowed to lead JTTH anymore. She seemed to enjoy doing it. She once again had to sacrifice her happiness for a sister. Poor thing.

Confused! I've seen this on here before, but where did we hear that jana's not allowed on jtth any more? Off topic, but my fundie friend was on the most recent jtth...fascinated to hear an inside opinion! Fundie's are just. So. Interesting.

Wait ! They let their precious daughter hang out with a 14 y-o pregnant unwed sinner ???? Don't believe it !

laboring with a young, single mom who was giving her baby up for adoption,"

Because adoption is the only valid option for an single mother in her world.

" a distance-learning midwifery training program in Texas."

Hmmm, doesn't Gothard run his midwivery school from Texas?

What a coincidence that the midwifery program that Jill was led to was the Gothard one in Texas! God didn't lead Jill to the program in Texas, it was her only freaking option!

What if a guy wanted to attend the fake midwifery program? After all, there are lots of male OB/GYNs, right? And what about the fundy blogs where the new mom writes that her husband caught the baby as it shot out of her?

Wait ! They let their precious daughter hang out with a 14 y-o pregnant unwed sinner ???? Don't believe it !

Exactly. Their friends are either their sisters or other girls/women from other families that have been carefully picked and pre-selected by their parents.

What if a guy wanted to attend the fake midwifery program? After all, there are lots of male OB/GYNs, right? And what about the fundy blogs where the new mom writes that her husband caught the baby as it shot out of her?

There was a male midwife on Private Practice. I believe his name was Dell.

Confused! I've seen this on here before, but where did we hear that jana's not allowed on jtth any more? Off topic, but my fundie friend was on the most recent jtth...fascinated to hear an inside opinion! Fundie's are just. So. Interesting.

She has not been seen in any of the recent journey photos.

As a side note, I wonder if Jana became the baby sitter to Jill after Jill got a speeding ticket. It seemed like she had more freedom to go midwife stuff alone before that happened.

There was a male midwife on Private Practice. I believe his name was Dell.

I'm pretty sure that there are male Certified Nurse Midwives in the military. There are also a few male lactation consultants in the military.

The leg humpers seem to think that education is unnecessary for Jill and Jana.

"Kim Quinn, do you know the statistics on college graduautes getting jobs verses the crushing debt that tuition fees bring? They are more likely to end up doing what they love if they dont listen to people like you."

Archived