IGNORED

Jana and Jill on Parentables

Lillybee

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look at the length of Jana's response compared to Jill's! If I wasn't 100% sure that Jana was Jill's chaperone and nothing more, I am now. Jana even says she's not that into it. It's just absurd thinking that a grown woman needs watching after while she works like that.

Who is this pregnant teenager that Jill knows?

"Back a few years ago, I had the opportunity to attend 12 weeks of childbirth classes with my 14-year-old friend, who was a single mom. Through these classes, I learned how to coach her during the birth of her child. Although I had attended two of my siblings’ births, being able to work as an active part of my friend’s birth made me interested in learning more"

"There are many joys of being a student midwife; for example, seeing previous clients return for subsequent pregnancies, laboring with a young, single mom who was giving her baby up for adoption,"

When I saw the title I thought they were finally going to get their due credit. Dang, should have known better. I'm going to take my disappointment and mosey on now. Wonder how much longer Jana is going to be able to stand the life the poor thing has to lead?

Here let me translate what they're saying

Back a few years ago, I had the opportunity to attend 12 weeks of childbirth classes with my 14-year-old friend, who was a single mom.

Yeah I call shennanignas on the Duggar girls being friends with a teen mom who is single. Something seems fishy!

I had been considering attending nursing school for a while, but the timing of it all wasn’t working out, and I spent a lot of time in prayer, trying to figure out where God was leading me. Eventually, through my work with the local midwives, the door opened for me to enter into a distance-learning midwifery training program in Texas.

Translation- my parents wouldn't let me go away to school because the house would implode without my perky self to keep things running.

am really enjoying learning about natural birth, and working as a midwife assistant and doula. Even though this may not be something that I do for the rest of my life, I feel so blessed to be able to learn and grow in this area, and I plan on using the skills that I’ve developed through these experiences to help my family and friends now and in the future.

I'm stuck being my sister's chaperone in case she's exposed to something ungodly like individual thought when she is working as a midwife. I may as well learn how to deliver other women's babies since my parents won't let me get married. And hey at least it gets me out of the house.

Jill and I feel like the training we are receiving, although our paths are both a little bit different, will serve us in the future on the mission field. Each of us would like to use our skills as a way to share the hope of Jesus in foreign countries, but for right now, the country we’ve been called to serve in is our own. We enjoy loving on our moms, babies, and families, and feel privileged to care for them.

Like seriously I'd love to move out of the house and preferably halfway around the world to get away from my family. Stupid mission trips only go for a few weeks.

Poor Jana. I bet if she was living a secular life she'd be in Peace Corps or teaching abroad or something.

I feel sorry for Jana. At the same time, at least she gets away from the family for a while and gets to learn SOMETHING that's not SOTDRT.

laboring with a young, single mom who was giving her baby up for adoption,"

Because adoption is the only valid option for an single mother in her world.

" a distance-learning midwifery training program in Texas."

Hmmm, doesn't Gothard run his midwivery school from Texas?

Maybe I am just old school - but I can not imagine how someone can learn clinical skills from the internet. I can understand that the long distance learning might work well for the academic portion of someone's studies but I think that the clinical aspects are best taught by people. I spent/spend a lot of time reading and studying the background information about my work but it is people who have taught me how to apply my knowledge. If Jill came and asked my advice I would tell her this: get into a program that is properly certified and which has a good internship (or what ever they call it in midwifery) to learn how to be a midwife - this internet certification is baloney.

These quotes read like the garbage that was written by Jim Bob and Michelle in their very first book. I gurarantee that not a single word was actually spoken by Jill or Jana, just carefully written in rough-draft form, revised, then edited by Boob and Mullet to show the "girls" are happy to tow the party line.

There are lots of real, accredited degrees available online now including practical degrees like nursing and midwifery. The clinical stuff is all done at a localhealth care facility. I did my degree as an internal student at a bricks and mortar uni but all of our pracs were offsite. Uni staff and preceptors communicated by phone or email, they never met in person. The difference is that Gothard's training is unaccredited, not that it's online.

Oh jeez, Jana. I don't know whether to laugh or cry! "I'm not really into this, and I want to go far, far away. HALP."

ETA an "Oh, jeez" for Jill using the fundie template of "I didn't know what to do, I prayed and waited on God's timing, and a door opened..." It's always women using this template to mean "I was waiting for Dad/Husband to decide what I was going to do."

Finally, we hear from the real moms of the Duggar house!

It makes me happy to see Jill do something she is enjoying and be so entheusiastic about something, and its good that she is actually doing something with her life that wont leave her completely dependent on a man. Its good she has ambitions for life, and is getting out of that house for a bit. Its a shame she wasnt allowed to go to real college though, but at least shes doing something.

Poor Jana isnt too into it though, shes only doing it because Michelle is such a crappy parent she actually has to worry that her children hate her enough to run away and never come back if she lets them out of her sight alone. I hope one day she gets to do something she really likes. I wonder what Jana really wants from life, she seems so sad, but she must have dreams, something she wants to do in life that Michelle feels she can crush whenever the hell she wants because her kids thoughts arent important to her at all.

Does Jill really need a babysitter? Come on Michelle, its Jill! If this is how little she trusts Jill, I would hate to see how little she trusts the other daughters. Im suprised she doesnt have Jinger in a cage or something.

And she found laboring with a young single mom who was going to be separated from her baby joyful?

I hate these people.

Since women are just uteri on legs, there's nothing not to be joyful about. A young uterus is happy because she's giving her baby a good Christian.family (since since mum + kids cannot be Christian or a family), a Christian family is happy because they got a baby. It's just joy, joy, joy all round.

Which led to me to think: I'm her world JOY stands for Jesus first (or the nearest fundie approximation anyway which looks awfully much like Fundy social norms), others second, yourself last. (Which, incidently isn't particularly Biblical but that's a post for another say). A single mother giving up her child is the very definition of JOY in her mind. I wouldn't be surprised if it's another instance of control the language, control the thought.

Edited for multiple phone related riffles. AKA DYAC.

These quotes read like the garbage that was written by Jim Bob and Michelle in their very first book. I gurarantee that not a single word was actually spoken by Jill or Jana, just carefully written in rough-draft form, revised, then edited by Boob and Mullet to show the "girls" are happy to tow the party line.

I wondered how it was that Jill knew what a semi-colon was, but was totally unable to use one correctly. Read like a legal statement that took a left turn someplace. Hmmmm, who do we know that might have a "Dim" understanding of legalese?

Which would be better, if Jill got married and had to stop with the midwifery leaving Jana free to go off on missions, maybe with Jinger for company? (Someplace like Brazil, with big cities for Jinger and "sinners" for Jana?) Or maybe they can pair Jill off with some other midwifery student? Or see if one of the other siblings might actually have an interest? Is no one else in the entire area quite fundie enough to be sure JILL doesn't fall off the deep end for a couple hours a week? Or maybe Jinger could be a baby photographer and take some AMAZING maternity and birth pictures for crunchy couples? There's got to be a compromise here that lets two people be interested and engaged in some kind of learning and skill building while keeping the chaperone relationship.

Jill isn't allowed to deliver babies without Jana because she might run away or be corrupted but she was allowed to attend weeks of childbirth classes with a single, teenage mum? Huh?

I am going to give Jill a pass on that and here's why.

Say she really had this 14 year old friend. This friend may not have been able to keep her baby. She may have been kicked out of her family if she did, she may not have had the resources, maybe she was raped. Maybe Dad denied ever doing anything. Anyways, considering she is friends with Duggars, her family must have been Duggar approved, so I really don't see a 14 year old being able to keep a baby in that enviornment.

Maybe Jill was glad the baby was going to have a better life with a family that COULD provide for him or her. Maybe she was glad her friend was okay, the baby was okay, and she felt like everything was gonna be pkay.

Per my speculation (pure speculation) if the gjrl was in a fundamentalist household, and the girl would not have had the support of her family for keeping the child, nor a way to do it all herself, it was probably stressful on the girl. If Jill was her friend, she probably felt a lot of the stress. I really can't see the Duggars srill allowing their child around a 14 year old pregnant girl... but perhaps Jill made some schpeel about helping the girl find Jesus again while Jim Bob and Michelle thought this would make Jill see EVIL and not want to leave. Anyway, stressful situation all around. Jill may have been glad the stressing factots were gone. Perhaps she thought things would go back to normal.

I can give Jill a pass. We dont know WHY she felt blessed. There's more reasons than being a selfish twit. Maybe it was a beautiful thing to see a woman who couldn't have children being given a child. We dont know.

I apologize if this doesn't make sense. I tend to get all rambly and off track and distracted sometimes. I start a thought and know where it ends... but the middle gets muddled.

So, according to them Michelle who forced them with a probable punishment of Journey to the Heart if they didn't type it/publicly view it as such being unpaid child laborers for your mother and taking care of her children is a privelege? Ok. :lol: :(

It's not that she supported (observed) a teenage mother who had to give away her baby, it's that she's so sheltered that she can't appreciate that it's far more complex than a 'joyful' highlight in her career (inso far as it is a career).

The cynic in me also wonders if that's an attempt at PR-See, we aren't judgmental at all. We even let our girls hang around with sinners.

Its sad that Jana is not allowed to lead JTTH anymore. She seemed to enjoy doing it. She once again had to sacrifice her happiness for a sister. Poor thing.

Pretty sure I found the Tx program Jill is doing online. It is Midwifery Institute of America. It trains young Christian women to be midwives. They actual have a location in NW Arkansas that has dorms(it is located in Witter AR) but I'm sure Jill would not be allowed to do the resident training program. After completing the online courses(which includes lots of Bible study) the website states, " Upon completion of the course we will send the student a certificate of completion. This certificate does not give the student a legal right to practice midwifery, but is an acknowledgment of the considerable amount of study that she has accomplished"

The goal of the school is to train young women to serve in Christian missions. the application process is a character assessment. Odd that the school has a physical location in AR but gives the certification via TX? Is is somehow related to ATI?

Just hope Jill can get what she needs and wants out of this program.

Yep. He has the course listed on the ati website and check here http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/c ... 13460.html the 8th entry.

Archived