IGNORED

A cute looking fundie "swimsuit"

0 kids n not countin

I'm brunette but my skin is more sensitive to the sun than it used to be. I was out three measly hours, with sunscreen and a big floppy hat, and burned worse than I have in my life. I had to have wet cloths over my shoulders and back just to sleep. I think a big ugly wetsuit is just what I need! (BTW I have mixed connective tissue disease and am on plaquenil. Don't know if that's mapping me more sensitive or what)

Do you have a link for the suits like you have? :)

Here is the link for the swim short http://www.coolibar.com/product/UV-Swimwear/Womens/Long-Sleeve-Tops/Long-Sleeve-Paddle-Swim-Shirt/pc/2223/c/2279/sc/2209/156056.uts

Here is the link for the pants http://www.coolibar.com/product/UV-Swimwear/Womens/Shorts-Tights-Skirts/Womens-Swim-Tights/pc/2223/c/2279/sc/2211/155525.uts

I do wear a swim suit under it to give me some support. There are other options out there so dont be afraid to use google.

That thing is fecking hideous. It's like a t-shirt with a circus tent tagged on the bottom.

Seems that the Mrs-I've-been-knocked-up-again-Munck is still making her quiver including the Dad cover-up when swimming. If you look a few years back the children used to wear normal swim wear. Just shows what attending a Maxwell horse and pony show can do to the mind...

1.bp.blogspot.com/-HSi-eJvFBH0/UcNGh0TdyxI/AAAAAAAANXE/DJ-nB7WNvJE/s1600/IMG_1819.JPG

Imo, some are cute!

I have a tankini that ties with an open back and skirt bottoms. Not so much for their type of modesty, just cause Im fatter than I used to be and don't want my belly or thigh tops showing but don't want a typical fat chick suit. When swimming, I do feel my floppy fabric and think I'm close to someone occasionally lol.

So I went to the Fresh Modesty website stamped on the pictures and I don't understand why every woman has to wear a skirt while swimming? I can see how it could be cute or figure-flattering (if done right), but it also seems like extra fabric that you could get tangled in (especially all the pleated or knee-length versions!). It's another one of those situations where I'm not sure why shorts aren't more modest than skirts--especially if you're going to be jumping into a pool or something! (But maybe that's not demure enough for fundie girls.) And while I can understand not wanting a skin-tight outfit suctioned onto your body, a swim shirt that fits like a shirt also seems like too much fabric to weigh you down and make you less able to move easily in water. I mean, some of them look OK and some of them look kind of meh.

ETA: I mean, I can see the need for cute swimsuits that allow you to cover more than a bikini--I have a plain black one-piece because the only one-pieces being sold at my local department stores were black, they didn't bother to sell one-pieces in other colors :( . I think it's dumb that they had this "you're either young and thin and want a string bikini or you're elderly and fat and this is the only swimsuit you can wear" thing going on. But I also like to be active when water is involved, I don't want anything weighing me down, and I think the belief that women/girls should have so much extra fabric on them so they can cover the outer corner of their shoulder and be wearing the most technicality of skirts also hurts my heart. You'd never be the last one hanging onto the tube with all that extra fabric on you!

Imo, some are cute!

I have a tankini that ties with an open back and skirt bottoms. Not so much for their type of modesty, just cause Im fatter than I used to be and don't want my belly or thigh tops showing but don't want a typical fat chick suit. When swimming, I do feel my floppy fabric and think I'm close to someone occasionally lol.

Yes, you definitely don't want to be seen in public wearing anything a fat chick would wear.

I'm won't start a kerfuffle here, we've had another thread on body-shaming lately (remember the cheerleader thread?), and I'm sure you were not even thinking how your words came across. Hint: when someone says that they wouldn't do/wear/eat something associated with , it doesn't make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Yes, you definitely don't want to be seen in public wearing anything a fat chick would wear.

I'm won't start a kerfuffle here, we've had another thread on body-shaming lately (remember the cheerleader thread?), and I'm sure you were not even thinking how your words came across. Hint: when someone says that they wouldn't do/wear/eat something associated with , it doesn't make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Not to add to the .'let's not add to some fat shaming thing.' Which incidentally just totally adds and highlights it.

BUT what is a fat swimsuit? It is not the swimsuit. Also wear your swimsuit, own your swimsuit. Feel good no matter what your body shape. Everybody needs to spend an afternoon on just about any beach in the Mediterranean this summer to just fuck off about body shape. Let it all hang out, rip those abs, naked babies, speedo 80 year old wearers. LOVE IT! Topless ..did I mention that? :lol: THAT thing that person is wearing would stand out like a sore thumb. Guess that is the point.

I don't like the skirt. It might work as just the leggings and top, but then again I agree with the person who asked why not board shorts and a t-shirt?

I'm also sensitive to the sun... I actually don't own a swimsuit because I don't go swimming that much, but I am going shopping for one tomorrow and am at least getting a tankini - the more I can cover the less I have to worry about burning, lol.

That thing is fecking hideous. It's like a t-shirt with a circus tent tagged on the bottom.

It really does look like a circus tent. It is so baggy it seems like it would be really difficult to do anything in except pose by a stream.

My body is no longer a thing of beauty and a cause for lust, but I still like to swim at the beach on occasion. For swimming I wear a fairly normal one-piece or a tankini. When you are actually in the water, nobody can really see your legs etc. anyway. Once I'm out of the water on onto the beach I wear a coverup of some kind to protect against the sun and hide my cellulite. I have a soft linen blouse and a peasant skirt that work quite nicely and aren't overly bulky and hot. I would hate to have a whole lot of superfluous material floating around me in the water. Sounds like a recipe for drowning.

It seems like more of an outfit to wear splashing around near a creek than a serious swimsuit. As in, something made of bathing suit material that will dry quickly and not chafe. It seems too unfitted and bulky all-around to do anything in deep or active water.

I heard the '90s were back in style , but I didn't realize it was the 1890s. That outfit is a hoot. If the leggings were a little shorter, I might wear it.

Obviously, you haven't been to Portland lately:

mPKe9OfWs-M

In many cases, the swim skirt or dress is meant to be worn over swim shorts or leggings. Some also come with snaps, to attach the skirt/dress to the leggings, so that they don't float up. If done right, it's better than having people swim in regular clothes for modesty or sun protection, since there is far less drag.

http://www.marseamodest.com/SWIM-DRESS.htm

My swimsuit probably won't get favorable reviews here but I have to wear something with a little more coverage because of personal choice. I don't wear mine for modesty, per se, but I was always the child swimming in a swimsuit plus a pair of shorts and a shirt, by my own choice. I do not wear shorts in public and I can't stand sleeveless shirts. I am overweight now but this is a relatively recent development as I was always really short and super skinny growing up. I just can't handle the feeling like I am part naked in public or something, I'm not sure what the issue is really. Anyway, this is my swimsuit and I actually really love it. I don't really care what people think about it, if I am not comfortable then I won't have a good time. This is the most skin I've ever shown in swimwear/in public in general and I am very pleased.

http://www.qvc.com/Fit-4-U-Scoop-Neck-R ... +Items-_-2

I think forcing modesty on people is awful but so is judging someone for their preferences when it is a personal choice.

I could be wrong, but I think it was a slam on the style of the suits, not necessarily the people who might be wearing them. As others in this thread have noted, swimsuit manufacturers seem to assume that if you're not a fashionably ideal size, you want a bland, one-piece, bathing suit.

Archived