IGNORED

A cute looking fundie "swimsuit"

0 kids n not countin

I think this is cute looking, but still, a swim suit? :think:

//4.bp.blogspot.com/-vIX_mizKJsQ/UcIqmrAMrCI/AAAAAAAAnPo/Ji_OU33kR0U/s1600/DSC_0753.jpg

//4.bp.blogspot.com/-oGHQpaF2Du8/UcIql7EjhPI/AAAAAAAAnPg/yp2b1cg_Eeg/s1600/DSC_0807.jpg

//1.bp.blogspot.com/-RcoA4sgQyuc/UcIqbq6b7RI/AAAAAAAAnPQ/Yl61uxzX54o/s1600/DSC_0673.jpg

Tried to post the actual photos but the files are too large.

I think this is cute looking, but still, a swim suit? :think:

//4.bp.blogspot.com/-vIX_mizKJsQ/UcIqmrAMrCI/AAAAAAAAnPo/Ji_OU33kR0U/s1600/DSC_0753.jpg

//4.bp.blogspot.com/-oGHQpaF2Du8/UcIql7EjhPI/AAAAAAAAnPg/yp2b1cg_Eeg/s1600/DSC_0807.jpg

//1.bp.blogspot.com/-RcoA4sgQyuc/UcIqbq6b7RI/AAAAAAAAnPQ/Yl61uxzX54o/s1600/DSC_0673.jpg

Tried to post the actual photos but the files are too large.

It's not something I would wear because I need a lot more coverage than that. But if she likes it, who am I to suggest it's not right for her? And more power to her if she's able to earn money sewing these for others. :shrug:

It looks like been inspired by early 1900s bathing costumes.

What´s definitely hilarious about this pics is the location: bathing suit shootings at a approx. 8 centimeter deep creek.. :mrgreen: (hmm, maybe it´s just a "show-kini" and the fabric will make you drown if you actually would try to swim wearing it? :think: )

But whatever makes you comfortable, if it may be a stripey costume or a mankini.

It looks like been inspired by early 1900s bathing costumes.

What´s definitely hilarious about this pics is the location: bathing suit shootings at a approx. 8 centimeter deep creek.. :mrgreen: (hmm, maybe it´s just a "show-kini" and the fabric will make you drown if you actually would try to swim wearing it? :think: )

But whatever makes you comfortable, if it may be a stripey costume or a mankini.

Anny Nym, your wondering about the wearer drowning if she tried to swim in it reminded me of something I read about the late Esther Williams. During one swimming scene of Thrill of a Romance, the costume designer Irene had made Esther a plaid flannel swimsuit for Esther to wear. The suit became so heavy and so waterlogged that Esther had to dive down to the pool bottom, unzip the suit and swim back to the surface naked to avoid drowning. If you should ever catch the film on TCM, remember Esther is skinny dipping during that one scene.

Btw, Esther knew that Cole of California used latex in their suits and could thus avoid zippers. At that time, WAVES (women in the Navy) wore lii-fitting, unflattering suits. Esther went to the Secretary of the Navy and modeled one of the Cole suits. He was so impressed that he immediately ordered 50,000 suits for the WAVES.

R.I.P. Esther Williams August 8, 1921 - June 6, 2013

I heard the '90s were back in style , but I didn't realize it was the 1890s. That outfit is a hoot. If the leggings were a little shorter, I might wear it.

Why are leggings not defrauding but shorts or pants are? Seems to me they could just wear t shirts and board shorts and accomplish the same thing as this ridiculous garment.

Apart from the little ruffle band and the back, which I wouldn't be comfortable in at all, I would totally wear that. But, yep, it's a long tee and a pair of capris. I suppose there's the possibility it's a one piece ensemble to keep it coming up over your head and the ruffle hides the place it connects, and that's why the neckline is so large and ties- so you can get into it from the neck.

So, arms aren't defrauding? Funny ... I'm an old lady and yet a good pair of arms on a man are one of the things that make me think happy thoughts about him.

That's adorable, for, y'know, regular clothes. As a swimsuit? Well, I guess it beats Wholesome Wear, but it just looks like someone forgot her bathing suit and decided to swim in her normal clothes.

Totally OT: some asshole I once knew gave me a tape of Peter Ruckman preaching. A southern man, he kept taking about the sin of "mixed babies". I figured from the rest of his sermon that he was a raging racist, but why this absolute obsession with "mixed babies"? Turns out he was saying "mixed bathing." Crackpot was upset because men and women went to the same damn beaches and pools no matter WHAT they were wearing.

Yes, doesn't PCC. have separate men's and ladies' beaches? They're Ruckmanites, I think.

Yes, doesn't PCC. have separate men's and ladies' beaches? They're Ruckmanites, I think.

Pensacola Christian College? They do have separate beaches, but I am not sure if they are Ruckmanites. They certainly believe similar to him. Ruckman founded PBI, Pensacola Bible Institute.

That's adorable, for, y'know, regular clothes. As a swimsuit? Well, I guess it beats Wholesome Wear, but it just looks like someone forgot her bathing suit and decided to swim in her normal clothes.

This. I also don't know why you'd need to buy something like that as opposed to just getting a tank top, miniskirt and leggings from some cheap store. Furthermore, it's extremely unpractical if you want to actually swim rather than just paddle around.

Anny Nym, your wondering about the wearer drowning if she tried to swim in it reminded me of something I read about the late Esther Williams. During one swimming scene of Thrill of a Romance, the costume designer Irene had made Esther a plaid flannel swimsuit for Esther to wear. The suit became so heavy and so waterlogged that Esther had to dive down to the pool bottom, unzip the suit and swim back to the surface naked to avoid drowning. If you should ever catch the film on TCM, remember Esther is skinny dipping during that one scene.

Btw, Esther knew that Cole of California used latex in their suits and could thus avoid zippers. At that time, WAVES (women in the Navy) wore lii-fitting, unflattering suits. Esther went to the Secretary of the Navy and modeled one of the Cole suits. He was so impressed that he immediately ordered 50,000 suits for the WAVES.

R.I.P. Esther Williams August 8, 1921 - June 6, 2013

Family lore had it that my dad had Esther Williams pin-ups in his Navy locker during WWII. Mom was jealous. :)

Its more cute than the other ones i have seen but still i will never wear something like that just because i dont like to draw attention to me, and if you wear something like that in a beach everybody is going to be looking at you(at least here in spain, maybe is different there), not a very modest thing to do.

I will admit to wearing an ugly wetsuit style swim suit. I am a ginger and burn the moment I step outside. The fabric of the suit has ultra violate protection. Its light weight and comfortable to swim in. I use to wear lots of sunscreen but my skin started to react to it.

The difference between my suit and supposedly "modest" suits is that I wear mine to protect my skin. I am not wearing it as a statement of faith. I dont stick out because I dont distance myself from other people. I jump right in and join the fun.

Its more cute than the other ones i have seen but still i will never wear something like that just because i dont like to draw attention to me, and if you wear something like that in a beach everybody is going to be looking at you(at least here in spain, maybe is different there), not a very modest thing to do.

I think that this particular blogger would love it if she attracted lots of attention with her bathing suit. She seems to be another Miss Raquel and likes to use modesty as an excuse to get people to pay attention to how she looks and dresses.

limericki.com/WOMEN

I've bought my suits from here the past few years. Cute and enough coverage for me :)

Hers full outfit is a bit much for me! Even me wearing one of the tankinis with a swim skirt, I can admit, looks almost like an outfit. Hers is one!

Totally OT: some asshole I once knew gave me a tape of Peter Ruckman preaching. A southern man, he kept taking about the sin of "mixed babies". I figured from the rest of his sermon that he was a raging racist, but why this absolute obsession with "mixed babies"? Turns out he was saying "mixed bathing." Crackpot was upset because men and women went to the same damn beaches and pools no matter WHAT they were wearing.

Sometime back in the 80s, a neighbor was talking about Miracle Hill Children's Home and she mentioned how they forbade mixed bathing. My husband and I were shocked that anyone would be opposed to blacks and whites swimming together. The the neighbor clarified she meant boys and girls swimming together. That's still fucked up, but when you can remember a time when the swimming areas of SC state parks were closed to keep African-Americans from swimming in the same water as white people, sex segregated swimming is maybe a little more understandable.

Yup.

I think my board shorts cover more leg than those things, and if you get a long sleeved burner top it covers more than just the shoulders...

I will admit to wearing an ugly wetsuit style swim suit. I am a ginger and burn the moment I step outside. The fabric of the suit has ultra violate protection. Its light weight and comfortable to swim in. I use to wear lots of sunscreen but my skin started to react to it.

The difference between my suit and supposedly "modest" suits is that I wear mine to protect my skin. I am not wearing it as a statement of faith. I dont stick out because I dont distance myself from other people. I jump right in and join the fun.

I'm brunette but my skin is more sensitive to the sun than it used to be. I was out three measly hours, with sunscreen and a big floppy hat, and burned worse than I have in my life. I had to have wet cloths over my shoulders and back just to sleep. I think a big ugly wetsuit is just what I need! (BTW I have mixed connective tissue disease and am on plaquenil. Don't know if that's mapping me more sensitive or what)

Do you have a link for the suits like you have? :)

From what I know the MCTD could make you much more sun sensitive and Plaquenil would help decrease sun sensitivity.

They aren't lovely but Sun Precautions really works. My family has been known to borrow some of my clothes from time to time.

http://www.sunprecautions.com/shop/womens/water_wear

From what I know the MCTD could make you much more sun sensitive and Plaquenil would help decrease sun sensitivity.

They aren't lovely but Sun Precautions really works. My family has been known to borrow some of my clothes from time to time.

http://www.sunprecautions.com/shop/womens/water_wear

LOL! I really don't care about looking cute at the beach... I just want to be able to take my daughter. She loves to swim!!! Loves it! I just want to brr able to take her. :) Thanks fit the link. :)

Eta- - I've taken it since November of last year and it hasn't helped at all with the sun thing. Really stinks. :(

It's a cute suit if all you're doing is sitting at the beach and playing in the water, which is all I do at the ocean. But for serious swimming in a lake or pool there'd be too much drag.

Why are leggings not defrauding but shorts or pants are? Seems to me they could just wear t shirts and board shorts and accomplish the same thing as this ridiculous garment.

But if you bkended in how would everyone know to take special notice of you and how modest you are?

Archived