IGNORED

Lydia of Purple is turning over in her grave

yetanothermeg

So, I for one miss Colleen Sabin of Lydia of Purple and her internet personals for her daughters. Wondering what was up with the family I did some internet sleuthing. Is this Dale with his second wife? Scroll down and it shows Dale and Rose Sabin. If so, Papa Sabin sure has changed.

brotherbear.org/0207.shtm

Also, it looks Joshua Sabin, the youngest son, was arrested in 2011 for burglary and arson. Anybody remember when he and Jeremiah came to chat with us when freejinger was on yuku?

http://lakeexpo.com/news/crime/article_ ... 03286.html

On the upside, it looks like Michaele Sabin, the daughter who was "always ready" is married with two kids and (hopefully) happily living in Ohio. According to his Google+, her husband has an 8th grade education at an Amish-Mennonite school, but after losing his hand in a farm accident as a young teen, took adult education classes, went into selling Amish furniture and now they own their own store. On the store site there are before and after pics of their home, so it looks like the family is living comfortably. They go to a hybrid Pentecostal-Amish church (Pentecostals but mostly former amish and mennonites).

jakesamishfurniture.com/about2.php

Thank you so much for posting this update. I wish somebody had a single website with updates on all of them. I remember Lydia of Purple being very much one of my gateway fundies.

Yes that's her. She's called Rose and was his mail order bride. They had a baby a couple of years ago. I'm surprised though, the last pictures I saw of her she was dressed fashionably, no head coverings andhhad cut her hit - much to Dale's annoyance. Looks like he's ground her down to fundyism. Ireael married Joshua Schmidt a few years ago and last I knew she had two kids plus had custody of her sister with Downs.

Good sleuthing.

What the hell is on Dale's shirt in that picture?

Flowers? Although its a toss-up whether the animal is a bird or a chipmunk.

Aw, thank you for the update, yetanothermeg. Lydia of Purple's website was my introduction to Fundyland.

Three cheers for Michaele being far more in the world than I ever expected! With two daughters named Jemima and Kezia, can a Kerenhappuch be far behind?

What the hell is on Dale's shirt in that picture?

Were I a betting woman I'd say Rose is from somewhere in SE Asia and that that shirt is from the same part of the world. Souvenier markets from the Philippines to Sri Lanka are stuffed with shirts like that. I used to bring them to my grandfather when I was home visiting, and he loved them. He was the most garishly dressed pig farmer imaginable. :lol:

She's from the Philippines. I remember reading it on one of the Sabin kids facebools a couple of years ago.

Thanks so much for the update!

I certainly remember the last visit the boys made to FJ on yuku. They were especially furious with me because I'd brought up that the original Sabin puppy mill in Missouri had been busted and shut down, but that the eldest sister, not "Always Willing," was still running one in another state. Ohio, I think. :cry:

MASSIVE fonts telling me that I cared more about dogs than MURDERED UNBORN BABIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel very sorry for the children though. They'd lost their mother, Dad took off with the new wife really quickly and they were estranged from him. They had been given no skills and education whatsoever to help them earn a living other than breeding puppies, and they'd lost the permit to do that in MO. I'm sad, but not surprised, to hear that one has been arrested for burglary. They are probably desperate.

I'm glad "Always Willing" seems to be doing OK. I hope she's not running a puppy mill. The conditions at the original puppy mill were horrible. You can see reports by just Googling Dale Sabin and puppy mills.

Thanks so much for the update!

I certainly remember the last visit the boys made to FJ on yuku. They were especially furious with me because I'd brought up that the original Sabin puppy mill in Missouri had been busted and shut down, but that the eldest sister, not "Always Willing," was still running one in another state. Ohio, I think. :cry:

MASSIVE fonts telling me that I cared more about dogs than MURDERED UNBORN BABIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel very sorry for the children though. They'd lost their mother, Dad took off with the new wife really quickly and they were estranged from him. They had been given no skills and education whatsoever to help them earn a living other than breeding puppies, and they'd lost the permit to do that in MO. I'm sad, but not surprised, to hear that one has been arrested for burglary. They are probably desperate.

I'm glad "Always Willing" seems to be doing OK. I hope she's not running a puppy mill. The conditions at the original puppy mill were horrible. You can see reports by just Googling Dale Sabin and puppy mills.

From that helium.com link:

My parents always told me ...

go to college - and I did, but I don't tell my 9 children that

Such. A. Dick.

I remember a thread ages ago where one of the boys - I think Josh - posted. (I really have been lurking since Yuku) Anyway, I just remember that he seemed so young and lost. He talked about his dad doing everything he'd always told them not to. This movement just eats its young. It can be fun snarking, but the human wreckage is really something to weep over.

OK, between this and the military/custody thing from this morning (updated in today's paper), FJ is starting to feel like old home week or something. Kind of surreal.

Old home week, indeed! What a trip down memory lane.

Thanks, Thoughtful. How did you dig up that thread up so easily? I find it really hard to search yuku. There are about 6 or 7 posts like that from the boys. They show how well the Sabins have been taught to reed and rite.

We tried to talk to them gently and did get some family information, but eventually resorted to the pedicure maneuver and talked about our dogs! I was Nell back then.

Lydia of the Purple was not my gateway Fundy, but she was my gateway to FJ! I was lurking on the Duggar thread on TWOP, and Howard was getting increasingly pissed at people going off topic with Lydia snark. Someone sneaked in a link to Free Jinger that Howard didn't notice and delete fast enough. And I fell down the FJ rabbit hole. :lol:

Was it "Always Ready" or "Always Willing"? I thought some of those girls would have been quite attractive in normal clothes, and if they'd been given access to some eyebrow tweezers. Poor things.

Thanks, Thoughtful. How did you dig up that thread up so easily? I find it really hard to search yuku.

I didn't go to the Yuku archives first -- the thread came up in a general google search for the Sabins. That's probably always the better way to get to our old Yuku stuff.

I remember a thread ages ago where one of the boys - I think Josh - posted. (I really have been lurking since Yuku) Anyway, I just remember that he seemed so young and lost. He talked about his dad doing everything he'd always told them not to. This movement just eats its young. It can be fun snarking, but the human wreckage is really something to weep over.

It is in the thread that Thoughtful posted above. My memory is flawed. The thread itself, now I look at it again, is a real clusterfuck!

The Sabin boys got lost in a heated debate about "feral packs of dogs" roaming the countryside and attacking people, and dog-lovers arguing back. I think we had a troll there as well as the boys. And I agree. Jeremiah was very upset, betrayed and lost. Rose was "of the world."

What, you didn't appreciate Josh's helping our elderly eyes with those nice big fonts?

http://freejinger.yuku.com/sreply/76657 ... r-has-Baby

:D

Thank you. It was thoughtful of you to post that, Thoughtful.

If I understand correctly-and I'm still making my way through the thread-the boys were kids when their parents ran the puppy mill so there really was no need for them to defend their parents. However, this post by Jeremiah amused me a little. I will admit that the bigger font on the post you linked to amused me even more. It just seemed so random

Very sad you all keep talking about animals, BUT WHAT ABOUT US HUMANS.. ***In the United States of America, the Land of the Free, 3,500 babies are aborted every day!!!!*** NOW THAT IS WHAT I CALL SICK, and we keep saying (GOD BLESS AMERICA) I WILL TELL YOU THIS, WHAT GOD WOULD BLESS A NATION THAT KILLS IT'S OWN BABIES ????????????????

Killing an Unborn Baby is NOT a "Choice" Killing an Unborn Baby IS MURDER ... And every doctor that has ever killed an unborn child, should be guilty of MURDER..

ABORTION IS MURDER

ABORTION IS SELFISH

ABORTION IS MEAN

ABORTION IS FOREVER

here is a question: why can't we just be pro-adoption instead of pro-abortion?

Life Begins At Conception

www.LifeBeginsAtConception.com

I did feel bad for the Sabine children but glory be some of that young man's post were bizarre. In one post he goes off about Koreans eating dogs. There must have been some reason for him thinking those posts would make sense but now it just seems strange and random.

The Korean dog eating is post number 107 if anyone wants to read it

Wasn't it Josh who liked the big fonts. Jeremiah was the first arrival. They both sounded nuts, but it was Jeremiah who had better writing skills and who gave us more information, I think. He was the one who told us that the daughter with Downs was being cared for. I was quite worried about her.

But what could you expect. Coleen had died comparatively suddenly,and I think they genuinely loved her. Dale having fed them all that rage and hatred had bugged off with his new mail order victim leaving them confused and betrayed. Dale Sabin is not sane, IMO.

He really is one of the worst. There was another man whose daughter had been helped by a local Pastor to escape the home. He and Dale were posting reams of raging hate on the internet calling the Pastor a thief. They made it sound like cattle rustling, with the daughter a stolen prize dairy cow, not a person.

Does that sound familiar to anyone else? I forget the name.

Okay, I had to google search to find out who this Coleen was, and the first hit was this:

faithandfamilyforever.blogspot.com/2008/01/wife-of-noble-character-dedication-to.html

Check out the comments! What in the world?

Okay, I had to google search to find out who this Coleen was, and the first hit was this:

faithandfamilyforever.blogspot.com/2008/01/wife-of-noble-character-dedication-to.html

Check out the comments! What in the world?

The Sabin daughters commenting in that thread are Kool-Aid-oholics.

This is just guess-timating, but since Josh was 18 at the time of his arrest in 2011, he was maybe around 15 when his mom died and any semblance of an education he was receiving may have died with her, and then possibly around 17 in the Yuku thread of the many-coloured all caps. Just an angry, grieving child, really, probably defending the memory of his sainted mother as much as anything.

Is Jeremiah older? Going from the comments by Leishia and one, anonymous Sabin daughter on the thread linked above, I have serious doubts about their level of homeschooling. It's appalling to imagine a new generation being homeschooled and the continuing dilution and adulteration of the stream of knowledge. How are these kids supposed to survive if they get cut adrift?

The founders and promoters of these Christianist movements have so much to answer for.

And Dale Sabin is an utter bastard for abandoning his children to flounder out on their own so that he could get to filling his new quiver.

Archived