IGNORED

KimC explains where giants come from

BlueChair

I have heard this also and found it one of the more entertaining interpretations of Genesis. Considering that I am an atheist, I have a weird love for this story. No, I don't believe it, at all but it is sort of like the Hobbit but crazier.

Some of the fun comments.

and

and

Since none of that is actually in the bible, these idiots are adding to the bible, which is strictly forbidden in the bible.

Blaspheme much?

rWard wrote:

Since none of that is actually in the bible, these idiots are adding to the bible, which is strictly forbidden in the bible.

Blaspheme much?

I'm sure there's a super secret special loophole that allows REAL Christians to add to the bible. And quite honestly, those arguments made my day! Any time I worry that maybe teh fundies might just be right, I will remember the giants and angels and know that I have nothing to worry about.

I think I now understand why Catholics aren't encouraged to read the whole Bible but just to listen to carefully selected extracts! I think that if most people other than dyed in the wool fundies read this stuff they'd have to question its veracity.

Very tall people do exist of course, but they exist because their pituitary gland has a tumor that produces too much growth hormone.

Now I wonder if my very tall husband is the offspring of a demon.

Does he have a sparkly, glitter producing penis that sings to you? :think: If so, he might be a demon.

What is angel anatomy like? Do angels have genitals? Do they have bodies? If angels can reproduce with humans, aren't angels part of the human species? If angels have bodies, how do they live with god in whatever place he lives in? :think:

Christopher Moore, in Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal, has an answer for you:

"Raziel, do you have equipment?"

"Equipment?"

"A package, a taliwacker, a unit, a dick--do you have one?"

"No," said the angel, perplexed that I would be asking. "Why would I need one?"

"For sex. Don't angels have sex?"

"Well, yes, but we don't use those."

"So there are female angels and male angels."

"Yes."

"And you have sex with female angels."

"Correct."

"With what do you have sex?"

"Female angels. I just told you."

"No, do you have a sex organ?"

"Yes."

"Show me?"

"I don't have it with me."

"Oh." I realized there are some things I'd really rather not know about.

(p. 206)

Wow. This is like Bible fanfic. Except the people writing it are being serious. I am highly entertained.

HA!

Kim is so dumb! After hilariously overthinking giants in the Bible earlier this week, today she has a post explaining why the full biblical recipe for Ezekiel Bread should be a sign to us that we shouldn't overthink the Bible and do something just because it's in there. This is different from making up nonsense to replace science because it's yucky* I guess.

*It truly is yucky, as God advised Ezekiel to bake bread over human dung. I don't think that's how they make the packaged stuff that they sell at the Whole Foods, but that stuff is yucky too.

Wow. This is like Bible fanfic. Except the people writing it are being serious. I am highly entertained.

Well, the Book of Mormon's been out for a while now. It's probably time there was something new.

I know they drink, but this post makes me think they may partake in other, greener, substances as well... :obscene-smokingweed:

As an occasional partaker of greener substances since the 1970's, I can assure you that the substance in question would have to be heavily laced with god-knows-what in order to produce that kind of thinking. And even that would wear off after a while. ;)

rWard wrote:

I'm sure there's a super secret special loophole that allows REAL Christians to add to the bible.

Well, there must be, because I'm pretty sure the part that forbids adding to the bible is in the OLD TESTAMENT!!! :naughty: Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

As an occasional partaker of greener substances since the 1970's, I can assure you that the substance in question would have to be heavily laced with god-knows-what in order to produce that kind of thinking. And even that would wear off after a while. ;)

Just added to my to-do list: Get stoned and read the old testament.

Archived