IGNORED

KimC explains where giants come from

BlueChair

inashoe.com/2013/06/giants-in-the-land/

You can't make this shit up. Also note the academic discussion of the evidence going on in the comments section.

I knew when I clicked that there would be a mention of six-fingered people. The stories of the part angel, part human giants were really popular when I was a kid. Speculation was that they had a hand in building the pyramids and other ancient structures (all while dismissing anyone who would believe aliens did it as stupid). One of Frank Peretti's kids' books was about those giants (http://www.amazon.com/dp/1581346204), and it creeped me out so badly.

I think the clearest reading of Genesis 6:1-4 indicates that they were the offspring of humans and fallen angels.

I have heard this also and found it one of the more entertaining interpretations of Genesis. Considering that I am an atheist, I have a weird love for this story. No, I don't believe it, at all but it is sort of like the Hobbit but crazier.

Some of the fun comments.

The demons that came to earth were no longer allowed to materialize human bodies. So yes, the Nephilim died out in the Deluge. Of course their demon fathers didn’t because they weren’t human! Hence the trouble we see on the Earth today.

and

Carrie and Mother Lydia,

I think it’s plausible that at least one of the people on the ark could have been a descendant of these pairings, if for no other reason than that the Nephilim are mentioned later in the Bible as a race, the children of Anak. There is also not just Goliath, but also his brother. Og the king of Bashan was a giant descended from a race of giants known as Rephaim. Interestingly, the Bible uses this word in two distinct ways: First, in referring to a specific race of giants. Second, as “shades†or “spirits,†inhabitants of Sheol. This second use is also found in other ancient cultures. Read this: http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jso ... 16648.html

and

Another thing I think about all the time, the demons are sexually depraved (their coming down from heaven and engaging in sex with humans was a perversion since they were not created with those needs by God, they had to materialize human bodies in order to do so, which is totally debased for them since humans are also a lower life form) and they love violence.

Since Revelation12: 7-12 says they were kicked out of Heaven by Jesus (Michael the Archangel), to the vicinity of the Earth, this sure explains the rise in sexual deviance and violence we see.

Also, since the children of these demon/human couplings were destroyed in the Deluge, the demons are no doubt angry – perhaps they avenge themselves on our kids – hence the rise in molesting of children?

I know they drink, but this post makes me think they may partake in other, greener, substances as well... :obscene-smokingweed:

This just kills me, the comments are priceless on the blog post, thanks for making my day!

Miss M (who is NOT a giant!)

As weird as it sounds to believe this (because it is), it's not really weirder than any other religious teaching or other folklore. Christians in general believe that God turned himself into a man, which to me doesn't seem any more easily believable than angels reproducing with humans.

As weird as it sounds to believe this (because it is), it's not really weirder than any other religious teaching or other folklore. Christians in general believe that God turned himself into a man, which to me doesn't seem any more easily believable than angels reproducing with humans.

What kills me is that they think there is actually archeological "evidence" for their giants theory. Think of it, they don't believe in the fossil record, the veracity of carbon dating, macroevolution, any of that mundane science stuff, but they seem to believe there are skeletal remains of giants that just haven't made their way into books or museums yet. You just have to gape in awe at the dingbattery and wingnuttery.

Apparently they have not heard about gigantism? 7-9 or so feet has happened, even in modern times.

Also, the discoveries were false.

One link: truthorfiction.com/rumors/b/Biblical-Giants.htm#.Ub0dcpyDmSo

Hell, even Answers in Genesis admits it is false: answersingenesis.org/articles/2010/08/03/were-giant-skeletons-found-in-the-desert

The rest is all Bible thumping sites and cover-up conspiracies. Yea...

The comments are indeed a hoot. People who have slight "abnormalities" in size, eyes, teeth, etc. are now descendents of demons. :cracking-up:

(OT: What happened to the rtfl and lmao smilies?)

What kills me is that they think there is actually archeological "evidence" for their giants theory. Think of it, they don't believe in the fossil record, the veracity of carbon dating, macroevolution, any of that mundane science stuff, but they seem to believe there are skeletal remains of giants that just haven't made their way into books or museums yet. You just have to gape in awe at the dingbattery and wingnuttery.

Well of course, anything that supports the views they already heard is valid evidence. Anything else is anti-Christian and false. :lol:

I cant believe anyone believes this stuff.

I have a friend who posted a picture of a giant skeleton, and posted something similar. She deleted my post when I linked to the exact photoshop contest that the picture was stolen from and then circulated around as real.

:lol: I'm dying. Fucking idiots. I think they read Danielle Trussoni's Angelology series and mistook it for history. :lol: (Good series, btw, if you're into that sort of thing.)

:lol: I'm dying. Fucking idiots. I think they read Danielle Trussoni's Angelology series and mistook it for history. :lol: (Good series, btw, if you're into that sort of thing.)

Thanks for the book recommendation! Sounds exactly like my husband's kind of thing. (He doesn't actually believe it, btw ;) .)

They think the Smithsonian is covering this stuff up?

1) Why?

2) How?

3) What about actual living and recently dead people with gigantism? The evil masterminds at the Smithsonian didn't get to them in time?

We can send her to visit the Cardiff Giant, if that would help her.

(I *just* finished explaining to a group of middle schoolers how there are theories that some of the stories of cyclops are linked to the skeletons of mammoths...like this:

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news ... clops.html

News link, not breaking)

A new addition to my list of " Things I never thought I'd hear my husband say": "Why are you googling 'bible giants'?"

Silly fundies, crazy hair on ancient aliens already explained this. It was ET's that dug how we earth chicks look and decided to get down with some sweet fellowship that produced the giants :wink-kitty: :sci-fi-beamup:

I'm not going to read this. Enough crazy for one day :lol:

But let me get it straight, angels did the hokey cokey with some humans and giants were born? Is that like a Chihuahua and a Great Dane? That shit has got to hurt.

They think the Smithsonian is covering this stuff up?

1) Why?

2) How?

3) What about actual living and recently dead people with gigantism? The evil masterminds at the Smithsonian didn't get to them in time?

Don't you know there is a vast conspiracy to remove Christian proof of biblical creationism from the world! Of course, when scientific facts slightly back up Christian beliefs, the same people who believe in the conspiracy theory don't hesitate to use science to prove their point.

What is angel anatomy like? Do angels have genitals? Do they have bodies? If angels can reproduce with humans, aren't angels part of the human species? If angels have bodies, how do they live with god in whatever place he lives in? :think:

I need answers to these questions

I'm not going to read this. Enough crazy for one day :lol:

But let me get it straight, angels did the hokey cokey with some humans and giants were born? Is that like a Chihuahua and a Great Dane? That shit has got to hurt.

I would imagine angels would have super sparkly genitals that sing love songs to their intended partner. So, all an angel has to do is remove his or her pants and the human partner is immediately impressed. Come on, angel penises/vaginas have to be amazing things. Maybe they have special buttons on them for women's pleasure. After all, angels come from paradise, right?

Are all angels male?

I would imagine angels would have super sparkly genitals that sing love songs to their intended partner. So, all an angel has to do is remove his or her pants and the human partner is immediately impressed. Come on, angel penises/vaginas have to be amazing things. Maybe they have special buttons on them for women's pleasure. After all, angels come from paradise, right?

Are all angels male?

Glitter. Don't forget the glitter :lol:

I think I now understand why Catholics aren't encouraged to read the whole Bible but just to listen to carefully selected extracts! I think that if most people other than dyed in the wool fundies read this stuff they'd have to question its veracity.

Very tall people do exist of course, but they exist because their pituitary gland has a tumor that produces too much growth hormone.

Now I wonder if my very tall husband is the offspring of a demon.

Archived