IGNORED

Ken Ham On Marriage. He Is An Idiot

debrand

blogs.answersingenesis.org/blogs/ken-ham/2013/06/12/do-we-have-the-definition-of-marriage-wrong/

Ken Haim is an idiot. Apparently, some biblical scholars rightly pointed out that the bible allows for polygamy. There is no biblical basis to claim that marriage is only between one man and one woman.

Now, there is not a single statement in Scripture affirming polygamy, homosexual behavior, bestiality, and so on.

I don't equate polygamy and homosexual behavior with bestiality but this is the type of argument this ass will use. He says that although there are instances of polygamy and other forms of marriage, the bible doesn't say those different types of marriage are good.

According to the Old Testament it is all right to kill entire villages and force the remaining virginal daughters to be your wife. Remember, this is god saying it is all right not just the bible reporting what was done.

(Numbers 31:7-18 NLT)

They attacked Midian just as the LORD had commanded Moses, and they killed all the men. All five of the Midianite kings – Evi, Rekem, Zur, Hur, and Reba – died in the battle. They also killed Balaam son of Beor with the sword. Then the Israelite army captured the Midianite women and children and seized their cattle and flocks and all their wealth as plunder. They burned all the towns and villages where the Midianites had lived. After they had gathered the plunder and captives, both people and animals, they brought them all to Moses and Eleazar the priest, and to the whole community of Israel, which was camped on the plains of Moab beside the Jordan River, across from Jericho.

Moses, Eleazar the priest, and all the leaders of the people went to meet them outside the camp. But Moses was furious with all the military commanders who had returned from the battle. "Why have you let all the women live?" he demanded. "These are the very ones who followed Balaam's advice and caused the people of Israel to rebel against the LORD at Mount Peor. They are the ones who caused the plague to strike the LORD's people. Now kill all the boys and all the women who have slept with a man. Only the young girls who are virgins may live; you may keep them for yourselves.

and

Deuteronomy 20:10-14)

As you approach a town to attack it, first offer its people terms for peace. If they accept your terms and open the gates to you, then all the people inside will serve you in forced labor. But if they refuse to make peace and prepare to fight, you must attack the town. When the LORD your God hands it over to you, kill every man in the town. But you may keep for yourselves all the women, children, livestock, and other plunder. You may enjoy the spoils of your enemies that the LORD your God has given you.

This verse is about sex slavery AND polygamy

Exodus 21:7-11 NLT)

When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment[/

blogs.answersingenesis.org/blogs/ken-ham/2013/06/12/do-we-have-the-definition-of-marriage-wrong/

I think someone needs to form a self-help group for people like Ken Ham -- Cherry-picking Bible Literalists Anonymous.

"Hello, my name is Ken, and I claim to believe the whole Bible, but edit it to fit my agenda."

I think someone needs to form a self-help group for people like Ken Ham -- Cherry-picking Bible Literalists Anonymous.

"Hello, my name is Ken, and I claim to believe the whole Bible, but edit it to fit my agenda."

I just wish that people like Ken would read his won holy book before they try to tell other people what is in it.

How does scripture NOT affirm polygamy when Jacob is a Patriarch of Israel, and both Jews and Orthodox Christians have a blessing for a bride at a wedding saying "may you be like Sarah, Rebecca, Leah and Rachael"? Just to bring the point home, there is NO Biblical prohibition against taking more than one wife.

I'll give him this, there is nothing in the bible that affirms bestiality. His point was?

I just wish that people like Ken would read his won holy book before they try to tell other people what is in it.

This is supposed to read own not won :embarrassed: . But I can now use this smilie :riffles:

There is a metric fuckton of polygamy in the Bible. I don't know what he's been reading but apparently it's nothing I'm familiar with! WTF?????

There is a metric fuckton of polygamy in the Bible. I don't know what he's been reading but apparently it's nothing I'm familiar with! WTF?????

He skips those parts.

Like the entire Old Testament? There is no way a fundie could skip it, the worst parts are where they get their ideas mostly from.

Archived