IGNORED

Have Fun Now Cause You're All Going To Hell!

debrand

It's easy to say Roman Catholicism is false and totally *not* the original form of Christianity when you're 400 or more years out from the original Protestant split. It's easy to say the Orthodox church is the same thing as the Catholic church when it hasn't been for nearly a millenium. It's not true but it's easy!

@Nothing2CHere I love the many other rites of the Catholic church! (they probably didn't criticize them because they don't know about them. Most non-Catholics don't.)

(Funny, I'm not a Catholic. I just have researched Catholicism to pieces. Not, like a fundie, to tear it apart, but just because it fascinates me. That and Orthodoxy. I am by membership a Southern Baptist but by theology I haven't found a church that really lines up.)

Atheism isn't a religion. Its lack of religion. If he can't even be bothered to use words correctly, why should I listen to anything he has to say?

Atheism isn't a religion. Its lack of religion. If he can't even be bothered to use words correctly, why should I listen to anything he has to say?

Of course Atheism is a religion. It's worshipping the Evil Devil! :twisted: Shoo, shoo, shoo, go away Science, Facts & Reason!

On the subject of Oprah-ism: I'm not sure how/when sacrifices are made but I'd dare advance the hypothesis that the jumping monkey dance is to be performed on the couch which serves as altar to Her Majestic Ballistic Divine G-O-ddess... :D

Phew, I'm safe too, no Lutherans on that list.

Oh wait, personally I like ecumenism and theistic evolution. Who knew those were religions?!

I'll let God decide where I go after I die, thanks. What silly holier-than-thou self-righteous pricks. I wonder what would happen if someone actually sent them a letter pointing out signs of false teachers from Scripture that line up with their actions?

WHEW, I'm safe as a jew!

Um... catholicism is older than other forms of chrisitanity. The fundies are just offshoots of the original catholic teachings and the catholics wrote the bible and determined what was in it... so...

I was thinking that as well. I never get anti-Catholic hostility since if there were no Catholics to start with, there would be no Christians.

Also, how exactly do they justify Judaism not being "man-made" since all other religions are?

Are these people like the IFB that claim they can trace their denomination back to Christ and that they were never associated with the ebil Catholics? The fact that history doesn't support this claim is totally irrelevant, so don't bother bringing that up.

I so want to go see the onthebox people so I can heckle them by standing quietly and listening. Why won't they come to NC?! We have heathens here too!

I was thinking that as well. I never get anti-Catholic hostility since if there were no Catholics to start with, there would be no Christians.

Also, how exactly do they justify Judaism not being "man-made" since all other religions are?

I'm just gonna be nitpicky since that's how I roll: Orthodox Christianity is at least as "old" as Catholicism (many would claim it is older); the schism of 1054 changed the course of Western Christianity, but Eastern Orthodoxy remained the same.

Archived