IGNORED

Kate Gosselin hate blog subpoena, closed down.

OkToBeTakei

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/ ... t-jon-goss

Strange. I think Bullyville was mentioned the last time this was discussed.

“After six long years I have decided to permanently shut down this blog. I have been very fortunate to meet some great people because of RWA and I will continue to keep in contact with those closest to me. I also want everyone to be aware that BullyVille was not bluffing after all. I was served with a subpoena today. They are gathering information for the lawsuit that Kate has against Jon and Robert. I have had the subpoena verified, it is a real legal document. For those of you who posted death threats, I’m certain those are being investigated. As long as this site is up and running it could cause serious legal issues, and I would never want those type of issues to be a burden on any of you. I have to agree that I don’t think that alleged death threats should ever be made against anyone. I hope everyone can move on with their lives.â€

Bullyville is also outing so called 'haters' from her twitter account. Real names etc.

I used to follow the drama on her twitter, seriously 'get a life,' comes to mind. I feel bad enough snarking here when I have the time and the no life moniker without constantly stalking some minor reality TV persona as a full time hobby.

I do wonder how this will impact anonymity and the internet though. Interesting.

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/06/kate-gosselin-hate-blog-shut-down-subpoena-lawsuit-jon-goss

Strange. I think Bullyville was mentioned the last time this was discussed.

Bullyville is also outing so called 'haters' from her twitter account. Real names etc.

I used to follow the drama on her twitter, seriously 'get a life,' comes to mind. I feel bad enough snarking here when I have the time and the no life moniker without constantly stalking some minor reality TV persona as a full time hobby.

I do wonder how this will impact anonymity and the internet though. Interesting.

I don't know anything about the site you are talking about, but I also wonder if that law might be about to catch up with the internet.

I also can't help but ponder the times we have been threatened with lawsuits *coughKELLYCRAWFORDcough*

From a completely non-legal perspective I can't see that they would have a leg to stand on. We are simply commenting on what they put out there. I would love to hear someone with a legal background confirm that though.

Is the Jon she has a lawsuit against her ex-husband or somebody else?

I wonder if it is because of the death threats. I could see that being made illegal, but snarking on public information? If that was made illegal then half the internet would have to shut down.

I didn't know that Kelley Crawford had threatened lawsuits. If she doesn't want people to talk about her stupidity, then don't put it out on the internet for the world to see.

Mckmama has threatened legal action, enough (I think) so that one site shut down...but otherwise the snark keeps snarking. A few others have attempted the threats, they seem to go nowhere though. Gosselins may have more money though?

I don't care how many blogs she shuts down. The public knows that creature is vile. No putting that genie back in the bottle.

She doesn't seem all that bad to me. I only ever watched a few episodes of her show, but I followed the drama out of interest in the way she's demonized. I can completely see disliking her for things seen on the show, Gosselin seems like a brittle and controlling person, but most of what gets spread around to condemn her is just stories people tell each other back and forth so often that they take on a factesque quality rather than being actual facts. Some of the accounts of how she supposedly tricked or bullied a doctor into giving her unnecessary fertility treatments made me literally laugh out loud with how detached from reality they were. I've been through years of fertility treatments. Most of the people spreading that story can't even seem to be able to tell the difference between IUI and IVF. I've seen people sharing the scandalous tale of how Gosselin actually HAD SEX after her IUI and that's how she got multiples!!!!!!eleventy!!!! The times when I've pointed out that that's normal treatment protocol at most clinics to increase your odds of even conceiving at all make not the slightest dent. And apparently she found the only reproductive endocrinologist in the country who doesn't do constant blood level checks so she was able to sneak extra meds that she ordered from Canada(!!!!). And her doctor was so incompetent that there wasn't a follicle count before her treatment. And on, and on, and on.

The vehemence of the hatred is fascinating. She's a witch! Burn her!!!

Her ex seems like a huge douchebag, I will say that.

There have been pictures of her grabbing the kids very roughly and hitting them. I think the point that I realized how truly horrible she was was when the babysitter let the kids have chewing gum, one of the kids got gum on their special toy and Kate was so hateful to that child, making them cry by saying she was just going to throw the toy away. Why would anyone do that to a child? It was just being mean for the sake of being mean.

There have been pictures of her grabbing the kids very roughly and hitting them. I think the point that I realized how truly horrible she was was when the babysitter let the kids have chewing gum, one of the kids got gum on their special toy and Kate was so hateful to that child, making them cry by saying she was just going to throw the toy away. Why would anyone do that to a child? It was just being mean for the sake of being mean.

I saw that episode and I understand Kate's frustrations. Kate was saying that not allowing her kids to chew gum was a necessity born of having six toddlers at once. If they were allowed to have gum, there would be gum spread over the usual stuff----times six. The amount of laundry she had to do on a regular basis (already loads a day) would be multiplied.

The thing is, what appears strict or unnecessary to most parents are needed to maintain a household for sextpulets. That's the biggest impression I got from watching her show. Kate was frustrated after coming back to finding unnecessary dirtied items and said that she will probably need to throw the toy away because it was ruined. However, Kate did try to clean it and the toy was saved. I thought she handled her frustrations very realistically.

Regular people on TV are not Leave it to Beaver parents. They blow their gasket, lose their temper and say 'mean things'. Who would anyone say this to a child? How about a frustrated parent? I've been on the receiving end of a frustrated parent. They say mean things. Some people have angelic parents who check their anger, but my mother never did. I don't think having a sharp tongue was my mother's most endearing trait, but I still thought she was a good mother.

Kate reminds me of my own mother in her temperament and her frustrations. I think Kate would otherwise be a fine parent if she didn't have six little toddlers. However, frustrations mount and she blows her top off. That said, I've only seen a few seasons of Kate's TLC show but I never found instances where she was abusive. If she's grabbed and spanked her kids, it's not a turn off for me. I was spanked as a toddler and I know my parents grabbed me and pulled me away from things like moving traffic (as a toddler). I'm sure if iphones were around back then, someone could have taken a snapshot and had a million twitter followers demanding CPS to come.

In order to be in front of the camera, one has to have perfect comportment and act out conflicts as if on a half hour TV show. I'd probably get people calling CPS because I'd spend half my time losing my temper and the other half crying out my frustrations. I still give someone like Kate, and even the Duggars some leeway in their parenting because it is hard to assess what's actually happening since we only see edited versions of the situation.

I didn't intend this rant to go on for so long, but I'm often surprised how critical people are of other people's parenting. I can't imagine every parent is so perfect in their own homes. I know my parents were not perfect and would probably be publicly castigated if a camera popped up in their home. The world on you when you are at your worst is not a pretty sight.

Like I said, I can understand disliking or even hating her for things you saw on her show but, from what I've seen, stuff from the show only makes up a small fraction of the stories that get spread around. It seems like people get into a hate spiral with her where everything she does is just her being her hateful self up to and including breathing, that selfish bitch. Look at her grocery shopping in her whore shoes!

I believe the Jon referenced is indeed Jon Gosselin. I haven't looked into it lately, but isn't he getting sued along with the book guy, Robert Hoffman? That book would be an example of what I'm talking about. I don't think anything about Hoffman's story about how he allegedly came by Kate's diary, thousand of family photos, and copies of all her contracts is remotely plausible unless you hate Kate already. And given that, why is anything he claims she confessed to in her diary plausible?

I truly think Kate has bipolar disorder. Of course, she would never admit she has any sort of problem or seek help.

My dislike of Kate comes from her super entitled attitude and knowing one of her neighbors who has personal stories of Kate's awful behavior and the fights she and Jon had in front of the children. I also hated how she sold the children's lives out for money. That can go for several other families also.

I honestly don't know how anyone who watched the show for any length of time can defend her. A big red flag to me was that she chased away her entire family and her friends because they were cutting into HER limelight. Jon may be a douche but IMO, he was a much more reasonable parent who truly loves his kids as individuals. She is a controlling, narcissistic bitch.

I followed the 2 Kate blogs ever since TWOP shut the thread down and neither are shut down?

Kate does not want the book "how I fooled the world" to allowed to come out again. I'm so mad that it did not get more publicity for the 2 days it was up on amazon. It only got publicity once it was pulled from amazon.

I wish anyone who has any doubts about her could read it. She is mad the stories got out but has never said they were not true. If you go to reality tv kids on the bottom right there is a link to the discussions and quotes from the first 10 chapters. the book was close to 800 pages and it was so tiring to read (I borrowed a friends copy and I felt as angry, sad, and very tired from the book).

The book has diary entries that she describes her rage issues with dealing with the kids. She did not like the boys, Collin getting a lot of abuse. She carried a wooden spoon that she hit the kids with(it has been photograph multiple times, now that might be mild to some but when Kate writes that she had to pray to God not to beat Collin to death after grabbing him by the hair and beating him because he would not nap and he was close to age 1 that is wrong! There were many many examples of neglect where she would let the kids lie in flith , blood, sick while she was on her schedule, sometimes delaying care for sick kids because she didn't want to take them to the dr and waited for Jon(imagine waiting 2-3 days for strep or ear infection as a toddler). Kate had to known about medical basics being a nurse, like her kids having full blown pneumonia but not going for care asap. The book shows her laziness, greed, expecting everything to be done by others, the fake love offerings(yes beg at churches while you have over 1 million in the bank as a good Christian..not to mention she had an abortion before her sudden fertility issues that caused her to need fertility treatments after 2 months of trying??)

If That books pops back on amazon, it was suppose to recently and I bet that is why the lawsuits are coming again, please spend the $8 if you have it. The original was a bit better since it had TLC contracts in it, but TLC got there parts removed but the rest is worth it.

I followed the 2 Kate blogs ever since TWOP shut the thread down and neither are shut down?

Kate does not want the book "how I fooled the world" to allowed to come out again. I'm so mad that it did not get more publicity for the 2 days it was up on amazon. It only got publicity once it was pulled from amazon.

I wish anyone who has any doubts about her could read it. She is mad the stories got out but has never said they were not true. If you go to reality tv kids on the bottom right there is a link to the discussions and quotes from the first 10 chapters. the book was close to 800 pages and it was so tiring to read (I borrowed a friends copy and I felt as angry, sad, and very tired from the book).

The book has diary entries that she describes her rage issues with dealing with the kids. She did not like the boys, Collin getting a lot of abuse. She carried a wooden spoon that she hit the kids with(it has been photograph multiple times, now that might be mild to some but when Kate writes that she had to pray to God not to beat Collin to death after grabbing him by the hair and beating him because he would not nap and he was close to age 1 that is wrong! There were many many examples of neglect where she would let the kids lie in flith , blood, sick while she was on her schedule, sometimes delaying care for sick kids because she didn't want to take them to the dr and waited for Jon(imagine waiting 2-3 days for strep or ear infection as a toddler). Kate had to known about medical basics being a nurse, like her kids having full blown pneumonia but not going for care asap. The book shows her laziness, greed, expecting everything to be done by others, the fake love offerings(yes beg at churches while you have over 1 million in the bank as a good Christian..not to mention she had an abortion before her sudden fertility issues that caused her to need fertility treatments after 2 months of trying??)

If That books pops back on amazon, it was suppose to recently and I bet that is why the lawsuits are coming again, please spend the $8 if you have it. The original was a bit better since it had TLC contracts in it, but TLC got there parts removed but the rest is worth it.

I am seriously sick of the Kate hate. I watched the show. I do not like the woman she is a control freak.

BUT SERIOUSLY is it not possible to start a thread with her name in it about an incident whilst related to her, is not actually the point of it?

The same old clap trap gets wheeled out every time. It's boring. I get it. EVERYBODY believes what they read on the internet. She is fair game for death threats because ..wooden spoon, you know. I get it. People hate her.

The show was a pretty good indictment of her behaviour in itself. No embellishment required.

Yes that diary. Sounds as realistic as all the other crap you see written. Might be the reason there is legal action.

I really just wanted to discuss how legal aspects may affect anonymity and the internet. Next time I will leave her name out of the title of a thread. Third time lucky :lol:

I'm not a lawyer, but I don't see how the Gosselin lawsuits affect anonymity on the Internet. Criminal behavior has never had protection, has it? Death threats are not protected speech, so, you can forget about hiding behind your cute avatar if you decided to go there.

Is there concern about the lawyers going on a fishing expedition and trawling through websites? I would think a judge would need to see evidence of wrongdoing to support a subpoena.

Maybe if there'd been a Law and Order episode on point, I could give a more informed opinion.

I'm not a lawyer, but I don't see how the Gosselin lawsuits affect anonymity on the Internet. Criminal behavior has never had protection, has it? Death threats are not protected speech, so, you can forget about hiding behind your cute avatar if you decided to go there.

Is there concern about the lawyers going on a fishing expedition and trawling through websites? I would think a judge would need to see evidence of wrongdoing to support a subpoena.

Maybe if there'd been a Law and Order episode on point, I could give a more informed opinion.

Only one I saw was the author of the blog. Although the Bullyville chap has outed a few via IP and real named them. Not sure it will end in any lawsuit unless to do with the alleged suit about the book. Think his concern is outing internet 'bullies' and their anonymity.

I haven't delved deeply, but the Bullyville stuff involves talk of suit for harassment, doesn't it? I question the assertion that Bullyville is gathering info for Kate's suit against Jon and Hoffman. She's got lawyers and these seem like separate issues, anyway.

Outing or doxing, as the youngins call it, is the vigilante remedy - they aren't releasing names they got through subpoena there. Amazing that people felt assured that they could sit on twitter harassing people all day and never suffer any consequences either legal or extralegal.

This is kind of related. The Roloff's from Little People Big World sued their county a while back, and Matt didn't like the Spiritswander site that shone a light on his family's shall we say...unsavory internet behavior and it may have called them on some of their exaggerations/lies (We're getting divorced, we're gonna lose the farm, the farm was worth a million bucks before TLC, etc). So while he was handing out subpoenas he tried to get the identifying info on the site owner. He got shot down. I guess it came to mind because of the TLC connection. Boy, does TLC know how to pick the talent.

I find it quite fascinating.

TLC sure does :lol:

Doxing? It has a name. I agree. It is what and is not acceptable I guess. What has always worried me is that the young uns as you say feel that the internet in some way absolves them from being accountable. Not just the young. It's a culture or subculture :think:

I just read on Radar that Robert Hoffman has turned on Jon by writing a tellall about him, and the bullyville guy released texts that seem to support that Jon and Hoffman worked together to steal Kate's computer. Isn't this an interesting turn of events? No honor among thieves, I guess? :whistle:

I just read on Radar that Robert Hoffman has turned on Jon by writing a tellall about him, and the bullyville guy released texts that seem to support that Jon and Hoffman worked together to steal Kate's computer. Isn't this an interesting turn of events? No honor among thieves, I guess? :whistle:

Indeed! :lol:

Doxing? It has a name. I agree. It is what and is not acceptable I guess. What has always worried me is that the young uns as you say feel that the internet in some way absolves them from being accountable. Not just the young. It's a culture or subculture :think:

Yes, it crosses all age groups, I think. Social media bullying is a horrible problem among school kids and the rotten behavior goes right up the line to senior citizens. Any age group seemingly exempted probably just has insufficient computer fluency to get the hating done properly. I never got the impression that the crew obsessively pursuing Kate was young, for instance, though I haven't checked since they were doxed, and there was a notorious case on Reddit recently where I think the guy doxed was nearly fifty.

The Reddit case is actually a fascinating look into the idea that anonymity (or pseudonymity) is sacrosanct in that it seemed the admins there had privileged someone who was an out and out sexual predator and abettor of other predators, but the person banned immediately and shamed was the journalist who outed him. It was a huge controversy. He called himself Violentacrez and he ran the "Jailbait" subreddit among others. Here's a link to the article: http://gawker.com/5950981/unmasking-reddits-violentacrez-the-biggest-troll-on-the-web.

I don't think I needed to break that, since it goes to a news site. Apologies if I'm misunderstanding the policy.

Indeed! :lol:

Turnabout and turn again. Jon Gosselin's turn - wonder what his move will be?

Al Walentis, who wrote an earlier Gosselin book, has written about how his relationship with Hoffman cooled after Hoffman stiffed him on a cut of a Gosselin scandal photo he brokered the deal for, and also about Jon stiffing Hoffman on part of his share of some tabloid pictures they staged, so I guess this was all pretty predictable.

Posting again to add a quote from the Gawker article linked above:

Under Reddit logic, outing Violentacrez is worse than anonymously posting creepshots of innocent women, because doing so would undermine Reddit's role as a safe place for people to anonymously post creepshots of innocent women.

I am OK with that.

It really is a great read. And skimming it again, I had forgotten that Reddit went beyond banning the journalist to actually banning articles from Gawker being posted. So, putting a little institutional muscle behind protecting Internet anonymity/pseudonymity by trying to make doxing too costly to be worth it.

SOMEONE needs to write about these two. I don't care who! They're both craptastic human beings, tho, I think Kate deserves it worse.

Archived