IGNORED

How to hem my pants without a machine or hands that sew.

doggie

I can't hold a needle and I need to shorten my parts by 1" I tried the iron on tape from walmart and it just did not last.

In the past, I have used a glue gun to hem pants (also to make curtains, amazing Halloween\Mardi Gras costumes and tablecloths).

I've also used the iron on tape and had pretty good luck with it. I'm not sure of the brand that I used (or if that makes much of a difference).

Hemming tape can be a little tricky. If want to try again: Make sure the iron is hot hot hot and then let the area cool before moving.

A glue gun will also work - Small dots or a thin line will do the job, and you can always add more, much harder to work the hot glue out of fabric.

also, all hemming tapes are not created equal. Make sure it's permanent (as opposed to re-position-able ) and make sure that you actually catch the very EDGE in some of that--otherwise, youir feet going into pants will 'catch' on the edge of the 'hem' and rip it out.

(staples work in a pinch but show. Safety pins also work in a pinch)

I have used Stitch Witchery brand of iron-on hem tape. Most of the time it has worked but my daughter has one pair of pants I've had to do over several times.

• 4 weeks later...
When at work and desperate: staples. The good news, they do last a long time...

Do the staple holes end up ruining the pants?

When at work and desperate: staples. The good news, they do last a long time...

Brings back memories. when I moved out on my own I worked and took classes from this school and the owner was a scientologist. He stapled everything including the drapes at the apartment he used to live in and i ended up living in.

• 8 months later...
There is something you can get online called "style snaps". Work quite well.

that would work but I would have to remember t take them off. way too lazy for forgetful for that. keep forgetting to go to real fabric store and I just tightened my suspenders a bit.

• 1 month later...

Archived