IGNORED

Noah's Ark = Evolution?

denimjumper

In case you missed the plans to build a Noah's ark theme park, this article will enlighten you.

http://www.businessinsider.com/noahs-ar ... ark-2013-6

Scientists have cataloged 1.3 million species of animals, but Ark Encounter protagonists figure Noah could have brought on just 1,000 to 2,000 pairs to represent every animal "kind," as the Bible puts it.

"If you start with a wolf, you can basically generate all of these dog-like kinds," said Marsh

Um, that would be evolution, no?

http://slog.thestranger.com/slog/archiv ... theme-park

It seems they don't understand the difference between a breed and a species.

They'd say it's microevolution, not macroevolution. Creationists are generally okay with that kind of thing--wolves being bred into different breeds of dogs--but not evolution on a larger scale, which they seem to think requires believing that wolves can give birth to ducks.

They'd say it's microevolution, not macroevolution. Creationists are generally okay with that kind of thing--wolves being bred into different breeds of dogs--but not evolution on a larger scale, which they seem to think requires believing that wolves can give birth to ducks.

I was just about to say the same thing. Adapting their theory to account for overwhelming scientific evidence, then insisting they believed this all along. If you ask them where to draw the line between micro and macro, though.....

Also, a little brood of ducklings following around a mama wolf would be ADORABLE (in my imaginary world where wolves are herbivorous...)

This belief really gives us Christians a bad rap. Personally I believe that at the point of the flood, civilized humans were only in the Mesopotamia region, and this was how far the flood got - which to them, was "global."

This belief really gives us Christians a bad rap. Personally I believe that at the point of the flood, civilized humans were only in the Mesopotamia region, and this was how far the flood got - which to them, was "global."

While I can buy that people in the mesopotamian region experienced a flood and claimed it was global as it was incorporated into their lore, what about civilizations in present day India and China? I've just never heard anyone justify the claim by saying there were no other civilizations.

The creation "museum" has a whole sign that explains how kinds give rise to species. They're big on using the canid "kind." Essentially, kind = genus. However, they've said the whole rodent family was a kind when faced with how large it is because, hey, why let science get in the way of your bullshit?

While I can buy that people in the mesopotamian region experienced a flood and claimed it was global as it was incorporated into their lore, what about civilizations in present day India and China? I've just never heard anyone justify the claim by saying there were no other civilizations.

The creation "museum" has a whole sign that explains how kinds give rise to species. They're big on using the canid "kind." Essentially, kind = genus. However, they've said the whole rodent family was a kind when faced with how large it is because, hey, why let science get in the way of your bullshit?

Have you been there? I am dying to hear a sane person describe it.

In case you missed the plans to build a Noah's ark theme park, this article will enlighten you.

http://www.businessinsider.com/noahs-ar ... ark-2013-6

Scientists have cataloged 1.3 million species of animals, but Ark Encounter protagonists figure Noah could have brought on just 1,000 to 2,000 pairs to represent every animal "kind," as the Bible puts it.

"If you start with a wolf, you can basically generate all of these dog-like kinds," said Marsh

Um, that would be evolution, no?

Oh snap :lol: Apply cold water on burn : DDD

Not to mention all the problems cause by inbreeding between the two pairs of animals on the ark.

Archived