IGNORED

Zip Lines and Dragons to Save the Creation Museum

happy atheist

When they admit Nessie to the creation museum I'll go. No ark was complete without a Loch Ness Monster. FU unicorns and dragons. :evil-eye:

He was probably not on the ark, but he is totally in the Bible. The Leviathan! Some even say that the ones of old had two heads! I really do think that this should be added with the dragons and unicorns. The sad thing is, is if they made this display people would really believe.

He was probably not on the ark, but he is totally in the Bible. The Leviathan! Some even say that the ones of old had two heads! I really do think that this should be added with the dragons and unicorns. The sad thing is, is if they made this display people would really believe.

Nessie had no need to be on the ark, since she can obviously swim.

I was so angry I recycled it, but now I kind of wish I'd kept it. Each short chapter had a nauseating Q&A where the correct answer was God/Jesus to most of the questions, and some even had the young reader go Bible-verse chasing to read the Truth! *blech*

Yes, of course the only dangerous form of life on earth was the serpent, until the great fall. There was a lovely fold-out spread of a knight slaying a dragon, juxtaposed with dinosaur bones from a legitimate dig, to show the gullible young reader that the valiant knights were wiping out the last of the dangerous dinosaurs, thus clearing the planet for God's plan to grow the Christian population. See how it all comes together?

Editing to add: no reason you all can't :pull-hair: just like me. You can have one, too! http://www.amazon.com/The-Great-Dinosau ... ewpoints=1

Ahh, reminds me of this book http://www.amazon.com/Dinosaurs-Design- ... _pr_sims_t

We had that one when I was a kid. I loved it :embarrassed:

ETA: I went and looked at the Ark Encounter page, and I love that one of the planned future expansions is the Tower of Babel. Because that worked out well in the Bible? arkencounter.com/faq/

I don't see why they shouldn't! :lol: I had a Creationist book in high school that said Nessie might be a plesiosaur. that survived the Flood. Also, I remember hearing that it could have been a plesiosaur that swallowed Jonah. So, Nessie is a totally legit dinosaur who deserves her own place in the scholarly halls of the Creation Museum.

Well, Nessie the plesiosaur already has her own SyFy Original movie, so the Creation Museum can quote that as proof. :lol: I accidentally watched part of it, because I saw the late Don S. Davis on screen when I flipped to SyFy last week. Didn't watch much, so I'm still not sure how Nessie walked on land with flippers, but it's a SyFy, so whatever. Also still not sure how SyFy convinces otherwise decent actors to take parts in their G-level original movies.

Nessie being a plesiosaur was one of the theories in a book I read back in junior high, maybe (mid-80s?). Given the existence of the ceolacanth, which was believed extinct for centuries, I thought the plesiosaur idea was interesting and had a tiny bit of plausibility (at the time).

They're also adding a dragon exhibit, because apparently god made dragons, too!

This is probably the most truthful statement in this whole jumbled-up garbage those Creationists spew. "It all fits with God's word"... yeah, because you make up the interpretation yourself!

Apropos swimming animals: How do they explain the fact that we haven't got any of the many races of swimming reptiles, apart from a few survivors like crocodiles, sharks, sea turtles and coelacanths (sp?)?

Also, how the heck did the fresh water and salt water fish survive in the same water? How did the reef fish survive if the reefs were under all that extra water? How did the reefs survive a deluge of less saline water, for that matter? There's a million other problem s with the 'fish just swam in the floodwater " story. Water=/=water when it comes to habitats.

Also, how the heck did the fresh water and salt water fish survive in the same water? How did the reef fish survive if the reefs were under all that extra water? How did the reefs survive a deluge of less saline water, for that matter? There's a million other problem s with the 'fish just swam in the floodwater " story. Water=/=water when it comes to habitats.

You and your pesky facts. :naughty: God did it. That settles it.

God, obviously, can do anything. Including creating a world 6,000 years ago with all these fake "rocks" and "fossils" and "extinct species" just to fool us all and sort out the "true believers" from all the rest. Then he apparently made us (in his own image no less) curious about our world so we'd be drawn to investigate it, discover all of the false leads and be misled. All of the very brightest scientists would use all these false clues to figure out how the world works brining us modern medicine, physics and chemistry which have in turn made our world a safer and more peaceful place. Boy are we stupid!

Who the fuck would pay this kind of money for something so dumb?

I totally would, for the laughs! I wonder what % of their visitors are sniggering atheists?

Having said that - I did the virtual tour, and there's practically nothing there, the place is tiny.

I wanna go on ziplines...

I wanna go on a zip line with dragons....friendly dragons of course.

I remember some atheist blogger visited the Creation Museum a few years back and wrote some hilarious blog entry on it. I can't remember who it was.

Hahahhahahahahahaha! This is freaking hilarious! What better way to say, "we're just making all this shit up" than dragons as part of their exhibits!? :laughing-rolling:

It is part of some popular Home School Curriculum

From this article (link not broken--news source)

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/educ ... n.17918511

One ACE textbook – Biology 1099, Accelerated Christian Education Inc – reads: "Are dinosaurs alive today? Scientists are becoming more convinced of their existence. Have you heard of the 'Loch Ness Monster' in Scotland? 'Nessie' for short has been recorded on sonar from a small submarine, described by eyewitnesses, and photographed by others. Nessie appears to be a plesiosaur."

Another claim taught is that a Japanese whaling boat once caught a dinosaur. It's unclear if the movie Godzilla was the inspiration for this lesson.One of these texts from Bob Jones University Press claims that dinosaurs were fire-breathing dragons. It has little to do with science as we currently understand. It's more like medieval scholasticism."

God, obviously, can do anything.

god is good with fake rocks but suck at feeding the poor preventing his followers from raping his followers or killing their children.

It is part of some popular Home School Curriculum

From this article (link not broken--news source)

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/educ ... n.17918511

One ACE textbook – Biology 1099, Accelerated Christian Education Inc – reads: "Are dinosaurs alive today? Scientists are becoming more convinced of their existence. Have you heard of the 'Loch Ness Monster' in Scotland? 'Nessie' for short has been recorded on sonar from a small submarine, described by eyewitnesses, and photographed by others. Nessie appears to be a plesiosaur."

Another claim taught is that a Japanese whaling boat once caught a dinosaur. It's unclear if the movie Godzilla was the inspiration for this lesson.One of these texts from Bob Jones University Press claims that dinosaurs were fire-breathing dragons. It has little to do with science as we currently understand. It's more like medieval scholasticism."

I know, I know...I have some creationist friends, and I've heard it all before. But it's so silly! :lol:

So they are hemorrhaging money and looking for a fast fix by hemorrhaging more money on dragons and zip-lines. I dont have a problem dragons or zip-lines. I do have a problem with them trying to lure people into the museum with them so they can preach to them.

I remember some atheist blogger visited the Creation Museum a few years back and wrote some hilarious blog entry on it. I can't remember who it was.

Was it PZ Myers? I know there are some great pictures floating around online of him riding a dinosaur at the Creation Museum. If I had any other reason to be in the area I so would go for the snark value but I figure it wouldn't be worth the trip to just go for the museum considering I'd probably get kicked out for doing something such as inspecting the Adam and Eve statues for belly buttons.

blaghag.com/2009/08/creation-museum-part-1.html?m=1

Was it this one?

Ooooh I'd read the PZ Myers one but had never seen this before - awesome, thanks! Coming from a former Young Earth creationist background (which 99% of my family still solidly believe in) I'm utterly fascinated by the incredible bullshit of the Creation Museum. :)

*settles down to read*

Archived