IGNORED

Where's Brandy?

Mary C Doates

Our favourite fundie-this-week-free-spirit-next-week Brandy has been missing in action for way longer than usual. She typically would have opened and closed at least half a dozen blogs in the months since I last heard about her. Any news? Now that the weather is warmer, I fear that she, Jason and their kids (are there three now?) are back to "camping" due to homelessness or another of their misguided adventures. Perhaps the Shraders can loan them their pop-up camper...

I googled her a week or so ago. Nothing new at that time.

I don't think the new baby is due yet.

As far as I know they are still living with Jason's parents - her twitter was public last time I checked, but that was a whole ago. She and her husband were still communicating publicly online whilst sitting in the same room, they were still unemployed, the girls were still unschooled, and she was swinging from counter cultural rebel back towards conventional but not fundie Christianity.

Of course, being Brandi, by now her philosophy could be anything, as long as it involves minimal effort, funds, or self awareness.

As far as I know they are still living with Jason's parents - her twitter was public last time I checked, but that was a whole ago. She and her husband were still communicating publicly online whilst sitting in the same room, they were still unemployed, the girls were still unschooled, and she was swinging from counter cultural rebel back towards conventional but not fundie Christianity.

Of course, being Brandi, by now her philosophy could be anything, as long as it involves minimal effort, funds, or self awareness.

She disappeared from my Twitter feed months ago. Not sure if Jason is still there (and still trying to sell his poetry). Is she still on Pinterest? I think that was my last sighting of her.

Did I miss something ? Brandy is pregnant ?

I hope it's not true and you're thinking of someone else... The last thing they need is another child :cry:

Did I miss something ? Brandy is pregnant ?

I hope it's not true and you're thinking of someone else... The last thing they need is another child :cry:

Nope, it was confirmed, the details are on the baby season thread.

Nope, it was confirmed, the details are on the baby season thread.

Thank you ! I'm off to read the baby season thread !

Where's Buzzard? I miss her stuff. Where JFC? Hope all is fine with her and her family!

They were living in a motel 'outside of town' somewhere about two months ago.

There were comments on the Facebook of another blogger that made it seem they were going to move to live with/near the blogger in West Virginia - the same blogger they were going to live with before going the homeless route and going back to Jason's family. Not much has been said since then and neither has commented on that Facebook page or blog in a couple of months. The cover picture on Brandy's Facebook is from the homestead of the blogger.

Just before that, Brandy became Facebook best buds with Candy again. Shortly afterwards, Candy had a blog fit about fake friends and they were no longer Facebook friends, again. They both then hid their friend's lists on Facebook.

Around the same time, Jason tried to make an online comeback - it lasted a weekend. He started a blog, Twitter and Facebook and spent what seemed like every second of the weekend setting them up, soliciting followers, talking of his writing and poetry and the same old crap. By Monday, poof, all was gone again.

There were comments on the Facebook of another blogger that made it seem they were going to move to live with/near the blogger in West Virginia - the same blogger they were going to live with before going the homeless route and going back to Jason's family. Not much has been said since then and neither has commented on that Facebook page or blog in a couple of months. The cover picture on Brandy's Facebook is from the homestead of the blogger.

Just before that, Brandy became Facebook best buds with Candy again. Shortly afterwards, Candy had a blog fit about fake friends and they were no longer Facebook friends, again. They both then hid their friend's lists on Facebook.

Around the same time, Jason tried to make an online comeback - it lasted a weekend. He started a blog, Twitter and Facebook and spent what seemed like every second of the weekend setting them up, soliciting followers, talking of his writing and poetry and the same old crap. By Monday, poof, all was gone again.

Oh thank you fundiefan, I miss so much the Brandy's and co train wreck :lol:

Thanks for the update. Still major drama, but I do miss her blogging. I'm really surprised she's gone this long without starting and closing at least a half dozen sites.

I'll keep an eye on her WVA friend/frenemy' blog (because you never know with Brandy) and see if she surfaces there.

I really don't think they can live together (Brandy and Stephanie).

Stephanie and Nathan are their own brand of crazy, for sure, but they are real homesteaders and Stephanie is a very hard worker, nothing like lazy and low energy Brandy...

I really don't think they can live together (Brandy and Stephanie).

Stephanie and Nathan are their own brand of crazy, for sure, but they are real homesteaders and Stephanie is a very hard worker, nothing like lazy and low energy Brandy...

Stephanie and Nathan seem to be committed fundies; Brandy is..."eclectic", by her own admission. She is quick to abandon whatever religion or lifestyle she professes to follow when it doesn't instantly solve her problems or if it conflicts with whatever else catches her attention. Can't see actual fundies tolerating that.

Where's Buzzard? I miss her stuff. Where JFC? Hope all is fine with her and her family!

Buzzard's been ill. JFC's been around, I'm pretty sure. They're talking about a blogger, though, not a member.

Why is there no option to PM you?

Wow, thanks. Well, fast recovery for Buzzard and I've seen JFC - she has a sunburn, she must have been on a holiday. (I kinda figured Brandy is ablogger, I was just more interested about members that were absent :) )

When I registered I opted out receiving pms. I was in the midst of a divorce, in a really bad mental state, (really bad.) I couldn't have handled a possible pm drama as a noob. I was once called a troll for standing up to the suggestion of "shooting" rapists to death by the hands of their parents. I keep adding people to my friend list, people whom I'm getting comfortable with. I added you too now, just in case. (BTW, I checked, it's not all that weird, 2 out of ten people have that function shut down, but there you are.)

Yeah, I've been watching Stephanie's blog & Facebook too to see what surfaces. And I agree, them living together wouldn't work for the same reasons mentioned - for the crazy in their own right Stephanie & Nathan are, they are not afraid of work; real, hard work. They also actually educate their children. Their state requires end of year testing and they do it and seem to embrace it. If Brandy & Jason move there, their kids will have to be educated - not left to their own devices while their parents claim they're unschooling them. They'd have to get off their asses and do something - and neither really seems capable of that. It's far better to live life, apparently, whining about how hard everything is and how victimized you are and how draining it is to get off your ass and do a load of laundry.

I was hoping it would work out, I mean Brandy living with relatives.

Surely someone in the family is sane.

Those poor kids.....

Archived