IGNORED

8 Things You Can't Do When You're Married

Kelsey

Not a shoe person here either! Winter boots, rainboots, flip-flops, running shoes, everyday sneakers, and a decent pair of black shoes for choir concerts and job interviews. Yep, I think that sums it up! Oh, skiiing and snowboarding boots and rollerblades if you want to get into sports. Definitely always pay the bills first, not really a shopper most of the time anyhow unless it's books or food...I love food!

I can flaunt my body when I go out if I have clothes to do so, and my boyfriend-of-seven-years-whom-I-will-actually-marry-when-I'm-done-school doesn't care even though I keep living in different countries to study. He trusts me. He says he's jealous that he doesn't get to dance with me on account of him being across the ocean, but still tells me to have a great time and that I look lovely - totally flattering and not being jealous in that bad sense, at least as long as I don't flirt or roughhouse with his friends too much right in front of him, in which case he mentions (privately) that I'm making him uncomfortable. I'm not a big flirt, just friendly and don't have a very big personal bubble, and a lot of his friends are mine too (small town!) and we've known each other for half our lives. He jokes about my sleepovers with my lady friends, has no desire to stop them. Neither of us is a big drinker - he's never had a drink and I've never been drunk, ever - so we don't even get drunk while 'single'. Oh, and he knows exactly when I'm out with just a guy, alone, and knows it's always as friends, I prefer him over anyone else, and all that good stuff. I think what I'm trying to say, apologies for being rather long-winded, is that despite being all-but-married at this point, I can do any of these things that I would do normally, and that's not changing when we do actually get married.

And he and I definitely don't shut the door to pee. And yes, his cats come in because they seem to think that they can get extra attention if they're twining around your ankles whilst you're trying to relieve yourself, and they like to watch the toilet flush - they leap up to put their forepaws on the seat to peer in, it's hilarious.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived