IGNORED

Chad and Erin

busmgr

That hair ages her by a good ten years.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Erins hair is fantastic. I wish I could get my hair do that without having to use a can of hairspray, lots of pins & a pair of tights to pad it out. (bumpits never stay in place & don't seem to come in clear)

No doubt about it, Erin spends a lot of time each day on her hair. My guess is that she uses as many pins and as much hairspray as you would need for the same style. Perhaps she sleeps in curlers like women used to do a long time ago? For an occasional hairstyle, this would be fine but to wear it everyday would be time consuming. I can't imagine that her siblings don't get annoyed at waiting on her to finish getting ready. Not only is her hair big but she has perfectly curled ends and the entire look is smooth and neat. That takes a lot of work to maintain. My mom has a similar look in the seventies and she had to back tease(is that the word?)

I have really fine and thin hair but it's like, mid-back long and it takes hours to curl em up. I have pain in my shoulders the next day and by the time I get to the end of it, I curse like a sailor.

I wish the 20s came back with them awesome, short bobs. Debrand, what happened to your cool South Park kind of avatar? I loved it!

I think they seem like a really happy couple. They did well, glad they ended up with people they genuinely like instead of someone they felt forced into marriage but had no attraction to. Chad seems like the kind of guy who loves Erin a lot and wont treat her badly, which is very rare in fundieland.

I wish the 20s came back with them awesome, short bobs. Debrand, what happened to your cool South Park kind of avatar? I loved it!

I've been lazy about putting it back up. Plus, I am on a different computer and would need to send it to this one. Not a problem except I'm really lazy.

I actually think Erin and Chad make a really cute couple. It is annoying to read their posts because it is so "honeymoony" but at least they're allowed to express their love for each other. Kelly and Gil are still a bunch of crazies but it's good that they changed their ways on courtship rules after Zach's failed courtship. They took that fail and reevaluated their beliefs on "dating with a purpose", unlike other fundies who just solely rely on God and refuse to change their ways *cough*Maxwells**cough*.

That guy seems to really love her.

It gives me hope.

I wonder if the ring has come around yet. I assume no.

I guess I understand the whole "yes, they're getting married, but no, they're not engaged." With my fiance and I, it was pretty much common knowledge that we would get married about a year in, but it took another year for a ring.

The only thing I could think of is a Tangled reference? If so, that's kind-of cute... but Tangled is one of my favorite movies so I'm biased (a little ironic though because it's all about escaping from her repressive parent!).

i don't think they're allowed to watch that movie

A pair of tights? :pink-shock: Like wadded up on top of your head? I'm not trying to snark, I just fail at hair and am trying to visualize how this works.

As far as the blog post, I just can't read it. It's like trying to read a tween's diary. Not to snark on tweens, and I only have pity for tweens living in the age of FB where their sappiness is preserved for all, but at least tweens aren't getting married or of age to be having adult relationships. Shudder.

Maybe she uses the egg that the L'eggs brand pantyhose used to be sold in. :lol:

I can't help it. I love her June Carter Cash hair with all my heart.

I do too! It's about the only thing about her or that family I do like. Under all that hair though is a woman who will believes she should be submissive and will raise a gaggle of kids to believe that too. It's a sad and ugly lifestyle, no matter how attractive that family looks.

I think her hair will lose some 'poof' with each child they have. There are only so many hours in a day...

Yeah, they look like a happy couple that will be happily beating and indoctrinating children in a few years. I just can't muster happiness for them no matter how cute they look, or how loving anyone thinks they are from a couple of pictures and paragraphs.

Off topic here -- in the photos of the Christmas concert on their web site, is that David Waller in the 3rd picture?

It bothered me that he called her a girl in one of his blogs. She's a woman.

His whole writing style bothers me. It is juvenile, but like a teen GIRL. I cannot even begin to analyze that pathology.

I find them oddly likeable for fundies.... I kind of hope they pull a Rebekah Keller...

We can dream, right?

Out of all the fundies available right now, this Chad guy seems like one of the best options for Erin.

It bothered me that he called her a girl in one of his blogs. She's a woman.

My husband calls me "his girl" from time to time (but he calls me "my wife" as well) - I like it. :embarrassed:

Chad's latest post makes me think they are engaged. He says he doesn't have time to blog the details(and the Bates have been very slow to post lately as well) but mentions going to TN on Erin's birthday and how amazing it was. It is so perfectly timed for Erin, graduated from Clown college, turn 22, and her fundie man comes to visit(with a ring? in his hand). Unlike the Duggar girls, to the average outsider(not knowing about Erin's college, ATI specifics etc), this looks pretty normal, nice sweet Christain girl lives at home while going to college and graduates and gets engaged to a nice young man at age 22.

"I have been traveling all over the country! From serving at a conference down in Texas, to visiting Erin in Tennessee, to spending a week with my Grandparents in Florida, and now back in Oklahoma working... it's been crazy busy!!! But I have made some of the BEST memories! =) Erin celebrated her birthday at the beginning of this month which was a highlight for sure! God's been so good! I look forward to sharing more about these events as time permits! Until then, may God bless you!

"

Kelly has said a couple times now that Erin doesn't graduate till December and that they're going to get married but they're not engaged yet. I wouldn't be surprised if he proposed around the time she graduated. Then they could have a spring wedding in 2014. Gives Chad a little more time to get it together, as I'm not sure what his employment/living situation is right now.

i don't think he showed up for her birthday with a ring, to be honest.

the way the two write with and about each other, and the way kelly talks, it seems that a proposal is not actually something Erin "waits" for but something that is just a formality since they obviously already discussed getting married (and figured out when they want to get married). And for some reason, I don't think Chad would do something as predictable as proposing on her bday. I think he'll do something weird, surprising, with lots of sugar coat and christian side hugs (6 inch distance kept) that will creep the heck out of freejinger. or at least I hope so.

Archived