IGNORED

invest with God -- The Timothy Plan

gustava

If you go to the page and click on the 'more' tab under the Engaging the Culture section, it tells what they support with their money -- gag me. I am proud to know that I have invested in many companies they feel are "morally wrong" and refuse to put their money in.

I would never trust fundies with my money. I mean Such Christians I always check for my wallet when I encounter them.

Here's what they support -- lots of homophobia, re-written history, anti-choice, tea party, etc.

flfamily.org/

visionamerica.us/

lc.org

nehemiahproject.org/

plam.org/

hope4israel.org/about/hopeforisrael/

womenimpactingthenation.org

ccsouthfla.org

afa.net/

americandecency.org/

worldmissions.ag.org/

hopegivers.org/Home.htm

breakingchainsnetwork.com

(this one seems mostly OK, from what little I read, but there's some "ya gotta believe" stuff on their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Breaking ... n=timeline. I'm sure that time and money spent making 500 little crosses that say "Christ is Risen" in several languages, to hand out to people in red light districts, was very practical and helpful. :roll: )

timothyplan.com/Download/HallofShame.pdf

Moral Screening

The Timothy Plan® family of mutual funds, avoids investing in companies that are involved in practices contrary to Judeo-Christian principles. Investing in a mutual fund may

result in a loss of principal. Investors are encouraged to consider the investment objectives, risks, and charges and expenses of the investment company carefully before investing.

A prospectus is available from the Fund that contains this and other more complete, important information about the investment company. Please read it carefully before

investing. To receive a prospectus call the Fund at (800) 846-7526 or visit timothyplan.com. Distributed by Timothy Partners, Ltd., Member FINRA.

Copyright © 2013 Timothy Partners, Ltd. - All rights reserved.

The Timothy Plan is committed to maintaining portfolios that only contain securities that are not

actively contributing to the moral decline of our society. If you believe that one of our holdings is

violating any of the following screens, please contact us.

"Hospital" and "insurance" are listed as groups they avoid investing in. What's anti-Judeo-Christian about a hospital?

... Didn't Jesus say something about false prophets? Rendering what is Casears' up to Casear? These people just want to start the appolocyps faster so that they can get to Heaven faster than those who they consider non-Christian who identify themselves as Christians, non-Christians, agnostics, atheists and deists. And the founding fathers were mostly deists using religion to cover it up so that fundies wouldn't get mad at them. (Correct me if I'm wrong.) Good God, how hard is it for fundies to understand basic American history?

And they give us handy list of companies that are worth looking at! The hall of shame. Such "horrible" companies as Disney, Reynolds, Anheuser-Busch, etc. You know, companies that believe in equality!

I have money invested (through my mutual funds)

And if you scroll down to the bottom, under abortion, they list phliantropy.

Oh noes, philantropy bad, misanthropy good.

... Didn't Jesus say something about false prophets? Rendering what is Casears' up to Casear? These people just want to start the appolocyps faster so that they can get to Heaven faster than those who they consider non-Christian who identify themselves as Christians, non-Christians, agnostics, atheists and deists. And the founding fathers were mostly deists using religion to cover it up so that fundies wouldn't get mad at them. (Correct me if I'm wrong.) Good God, how hard is it for fundies to understand basic American history?

Remember the Bates family and their snafu with a political figure from...I believe...the Civil War era? Anyone remember that?

Meh, left-wing groups have had similar "ethical-investing" plans for decades. There's one available in my 401K, for instance, that avoids oil and tobacco companies, and maybe gun manufacturers by now.

I suspect their returns are going to be fairly heavily reduced, not only by the standard a) generally mediocre returns of a managed fund vs. an index fund and b) by the profit taken off the top by the fund managers, but also by the donations "for the Kingdom".

I also suspect that my idea of "companies that are involved in practices contrary to Judeo-Christian principles" is significantly different than theirs. :)

Remember the Bates family and their snafu with a political figure from...I believe...the Civil War era? Anyone remember that?

Nathaniel Bedford Forrest. The Bates family had a portrait of him in their home. When (FJ?) commented on this, the portrait mysteriously disappeared.

Archived