IGNORED

Defrauding new Bates Post

DrWhat

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it possible that they are simply very blind to how women view men? I think that some fundies are so convinced of their own mythology that they refuse to see evidence that the world is far different than how they envision it. So, they refuse to acknowledge female sexuality to the point that they don't worry about defrauding photos of men.Yet, they view all men as so easily tempted that nearly everything about a woman becomes a source of temptation and must be hidden.

I guess they are also oblivious to the fact that gay men exist and, thanks to their TV show, may be checking out their little family blog as well.

Nathan in particular appears to be posing. Do modesty rules not apply for the Bates males the way they do for the Duggars? Are they allowed to skinny dip at the swimming hole or do they have to wear jeans or wetsuits?

If you use this url: blog.thebatesfamily.com/2013/06/01/boys-will-be-boys/ it should work.

That said, I guess I'm not seeing anything sexy in these guys. They do nothing for me. I'm a heterosexual woman and I do find some guys more than half my age attractive, but not so much the Bates. Thinking about what I would've thought 30-35 years ago? Nope. Sorry. Flatlining.

Maybe it's just an instinct thing that says "Confederate Fundies Are Not Hot."

Hm, I think we may have a clue why the Bates might be more successful in marrying off their kids than the Duggars have been so far. They aren't averse to a little advertisement. Their older daughters also dress a lot more normally than the Duggars. Their going out dresses are cute and fashionable.

Yes, I see that too. And I don't mind a bit :whistle:

I noticed that as well! The hands-on-hips pose can not be by accident, and I'm grateful for it!

And I know that the Duggars and other fundies do care about men not being defrauding as well in that they won't wear shorts and don't take their shirts off when they go swimming.

One other thing - I went to the "about our family" section and noticed that while they mention Erin being in a courtship, they don't mention Alyssa's in the same way. Is there some reason they're not officially announcing it? Maybe to not take away attention from Erin, or is it something else?

You really don't think any of them would take even a tiny bit of notice of this demonstration of the difference between boys and girls?

photo-1-2_thumb.jpg

(I'm suddenly 13 again and sneaking a peek at the first page of a portfolio in my 18 year old aunt's Playgirl magazine.)

The one on the right is the spitting image of a guy at my work, except my colleague's more punky, with a faceful of piercings.

I don't find them the least attractive, either. Not a bit. The girls are so pretty but the boys are just not ugly.

Gil's not a bad looking guy, but I've never thought he deserved the title "Hot Fundie Gil" awarded to him by some of the posters on TWOP.

These two lovely young guns, on the other hand...well, let's just say that if it's bubble bath time, I'll be standing in line waiting for my turn with the loofah.

Until the scrubbing begins, I'll be in the prayer closet.

Double post. Am I forgiven if I point out I am using wifi at McDonalds to minister to all of you?

I think most of the Bates males have an inbred look to them (Nathan included) but somehow the gene pool worked in Lawson's favor. He's very cute.

Double post. Am I forgiven if I point out I am using wifi at McDonalds to minister to all of you?

Yes, just as long as you don't turn up 13 months pregnant and expect us, your devoted flock, to pay for your heavenly motorcoach so that you might more effectively minister about all things ex-gay and godly. :lol:

I think most of the Bates males have an inbred look to them (Nathan included) but somehow the gene pool worked in Lawson's favor. He's very cute.

I've seen a movie called "The last exorcism" (surprise, surprise, it had a part II that came out recently), it featured a southern farmgirl living in an extremely religious environment that turned out to be a cult and the girl looked like a Bates. I don't want to use the word inbred because I feel that might be mean but seriously, I can sooner tell Asian people apart than I can tell apart most of these religious southerners.

Re: August... c'muhn! You know what I was trying to say! Now I have to stick a stick mixer in my ear and scramble my brain to destroy the thoughts about Kelly and the whipped cream... :ew:

They are so... muddy and dirty. They need a long, hot bubble bath.

So do I.

Butter faces though. Pity.

Lawson, I think,looks a little bit like a much younger Tony from NCIS. he is the best looking of the grown sons to me.

I wonder if Erin graduated from college? Wasn't she almost done? If so, maybe an engagement will be announced soon. I haven't heard anything about Alyssa. Maybe she's just "dating with a purpose"??? With so many fundies rushing to the alter, I'm glad these young ladies are taking it slow.

Butterfaces?

Was I supposed to look at faces?

Someone sure knew what they were doing. I doubt it was Kelly (though that answers the question "How oblivious can one fundie be?"), so I'm blaming the posers.

Much appreciated, boys!

Wonder how long those pics will stay up. :D

After sneaking another peak when I should be doing something else, I realized that Nathan and Lawson look like they are posing, as in, they KNOW how defrauding they are and they seem to be flaunting it! Is it just me or do you see it too?

Absolutely agree!

Wow, does Kelly wants her children to get married or what?! First the girls with high heels on, now the boys looking al.. muddy ;)

Thankfully, none of the Batseseses do anything for me. Body-wise they're okay (although I like a slimmer build). But what's the male equivalent of a "butterface?"

Mileage varies of course but in my case, phew... I'm safe from defrauding.

However, Kelly's either clueless or she's shopping them around.

Urban dictionary says "Septic Face" but it doesn't flow as well as butterface. I also got "butterface boy" and "paper bag brother."

Urban dictionary says "Septic Face" but it doesn't flow as well as butterface. I also got "butterface boy" and "paper bag brother."

An Aussie friend of mine calls guys like that "prawns" (everything's tasty but the head). :P

If you use this url: blog.thebatesfamily.com/2013/06/01/boys-will-be-boys/ it should work.

That said, I guess I'm not seeing anything sexy in these guys. They do nothing for me. I'm a heterosexual woman and I do find some guys more than half my age attractive, but not so much the Bates. Thinking about what I would've thought 30-35 years ago? Nope. Sorry. Flatlining.

Maybe it's just an instinct thing that says "Confederate Fundies Are Not Hot."

There's always duct tape. No one said they had to TALK. But I agree with Sparkles: they favor Gil too much with his big jaw. Total butterfaces. But the bods? Nate's got it going ON down there. Yes, I checked it out (he's legal).

JustMe: Erin was SUPPOSED to graduate this spring, but that's now been postponed to this fall. My guess is she and the Paine boy will get engaged this summer and marry after graduation. It never seemed to be the plan for her to marry while she was still in school. I looked at the curriculum; full-time students take 16 units/semester, but it's typically SIX classes. No class is over 3 units and many are only 2 units.

IIRC, Nate is now attending Clown College with an eye on becoming a preacherman. Ugh.

Thankfully, none of the Batseseses do anything for me. Body-wise they're okay (although I like a slimmer build). But what's the male equivalent of a "butterface?"

Yeah, they're not cute in the face to me at all. But from the neck down? Ow ow! :twisted:

An Aussie friend of mine calls guys like that "prawns" (everything's tasty but the head). :P

Perfect! :lol:

I think Kelly is VERY proud of her sons. Don't think she realizes how defrauding the pictures are. She's been fundie so long that she doesn't know what normal guys do to get attention in a "sexual" way. Then again...do the guys even know they are being sexy??

I've seen a movie called "The last exorcism" (surprise, surprise, it had a part II that came out recently), it featured a southern farmgirl living in an extremely religious environment that turned out to be a cult and the girl looked like a Bates. I don't want to use the word inbred because I feel that might be mean but seriously, I can sooner tell Asian people apart than I can tell apart most of these religious southerners.

Re: August... c'muhn! You know what I was trying to say! Now I have to stick a stick mixer in my ear and scramble my brain to destroy the thoughts about Kelly and the whipped cream... :ew:

You laughed, though, didn't you?

Archived