IGNORED

Ear Worms

Lillybee

Hey, that's a good one! (I "liked" your post.)

It is, I enjoy playing it on Lego Rock Band. It's slightly awkward though when you realize it's about oral sex and not the year 1969. :P :lol:

I do seem to have a strange twist to it. I love classical music, and those get replayed over and over, with complete orchestration. I guess most people just hear the main tune and lyrics, I hear all the individual instruments and can pick out different parts. I'm so totally weird.

Well, glad to know I am not the only one who deals with classical music earworms. With full orchestration and yes, complete symphonies can play in my head.

I have been"listening" to Mahler's Symphony No. 5 in my head since playing it on my MP3 player while test driving a new car and it's infotainment system for a week.

I am cursed with a commercial jingle for Value Village at the moment:

"Tell me what you want to be, maybe a zebra with a big green mustache..."

"You can be a duck, you can be a ref, you can be a duck that's also a ref!"

Just shoot me now. :/

ETA: Here. Why should I have all the fun?:

GiekT8WzJT8

I am cursed with a commercial jingle for Value Village at the moment:

"Tell me what you want to be, maybe a zebra with a big green mustache..."

"You can be a duck, you can be a ref, you can be a duck that's also a ref!"

Just shoot me now. :/

ETA: Here. Why should I have all the fun?:

GiekT8WzJT8

That is a weird commercial! (BTW, I "liked" your post.)

"Shiksa" is an ugly, offensive word.

My kids are obsessed with that Value Village commercial.

"Safe and Sound" seems to be my ear worm of the moment, with "Wake Me Up" running a close second.

Wake up Maggie I think I got something to say to you...

(Maggie May by Rod Stewart has been in my head recently)

It is, I enjoy playing it on Lego Rock Band. It's slightly awkward though when you realize it's about oral sex and not the year 1969. :P :lol:

Really? Listening to the lyrics it sure seems to be about the year, rather than the sexual position. But then maybe it's one of those things that can go both ways-no pun intended.

Me, I've got that stupid, stupid, stupid, What Does The Fox Say, in my head.

Really? Listening to the lyrics it sure seems to be about the year, rather than the sexual position. But then maybe it's one of those things that can go both ways-no pun intended.

Me, I've got that stupid, stupid, stupid, What Does The Fox Say, in my head.

Oh yeah. Bryan Adams has even admitted it himself.

11points.com/Music/11_Songs_Forever_Ruined_By_Artists_Revealing_Their_True_Meanings

That should link to the 2001 interview.

11points.com/Music/11_Songs_Forever_Ruined_By_Artists_Revealing_Their_True_Meanings

Plus, Bryan Adams was 10 years old in 1969!

The Studio Killers make some irritatingly catchy songs. "Friday Night Gurus" is especially ear-wormy for me:

yaa76KVM-HA

Damn, I am so stupid about these things.

BTW, I love the the title of the article you linked to, Songs Forever Ruined... I can relate!

All I have to say is, THANK GOD Halloween is over, so I don't have to see or hear that stupid VV commercial again for at least another year.

Damn, I am so stupid about these things.

BTW, I love the the title of the article you linked to, Songs Forever Ruined... I can relate!

No worries, I had no idea either! I was sheltered (just normal somewhat fundie homeschooled sheltered, not fullblown fundie sheltered)

In somewhat related news, I'm Fucking Matt Damon is stuck in my head.

nnZ9UBajScI

• 2 years later...

I'm totally reviving old threads - this is a good one :)

I'm not into a lot of pop (like those "all the hits" stations) but for me Cake By The Ocean by DNCE is an ear worm like no other ...

For the past few weeks, I've had an earworm called "Heartbeat" by Justs, who was Latvia's entry in Eurovision. It's soooo NOT my usual thing but it's a catchy little tune by an adorable little child. I blame my daughter, the Eurovision fanatic, for this.

Unfortunately, he didn't do very well at Eurovision—nerves—but it's still not a bad song to have as an ear worm.

Archived