IGNORED

Faith Christina Shirley

formergothardite

Im glad Faith is safe, but I hope they look into why she ran away twice in the past year and dont send her back into an environment where she is being abused.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Would Gothard dare to touch a Duggar? I imagine cause theyre on TV, he knows theres more risk-if they were to tell all, theyve got a way wider audience. I really hope that isnt why Jana always looks so sad :(

One thing I dont understand, about Gothard (and also the priests who molested children), is that they preach a lot about sexual sin and that it is wrong to look at anyone in a sexual way unless youre married to them, and being alone with/touching/thinking about someone of the opposite sex is wrong and will make you go to hell, but dont they consider that if there is a hell, theyre definetly going there for what theyve done.

I don't know about Gothard other than he's a big hypocrite, but I think the celibacy of the priesthood may attract those men who experience sexual desires not sanctioned by the church as a way to possibly control those desires. Also it was common for gay men to grow up feeling that marriage was not in the future so they may have been gone into the priesthood. I can't cite a study to back the first statement up, but I do know that about 30% of priests are gay. Of course, being gay has nothing to do with pedophilia. Pedophiles may just take advantage of being in a position where they are (or have been) trusted.

I'm not sure if I'm glad she's been found because I'm not sure she's safe. I'd feel better if I knew she wasn't going back to the center. I was hoping she'd run so far so fast that she'd escape and have a safe place to figure things out with people who cared about her and her future. Asking for a miracle I know. I hope the next 2 years of her life fly for her and they won't break her.

If I understand this article, Faith has been in a room on the IBLP grounds. This makes no sense to me.

No, it just says she was found safe in Chicago. Before she went missing, she was staying in an apartment in the IBLP grounds, but she ran away and her roommate was the one who reported her missing.

I think Gothard would stay away from a Duggar girl because they are too high profile. The shit could really hit the fan.

Only if he raped one and took a video and it got out. I doubt anything less then that would do anything and even that would not keep his followers from sending their daughters to him. he is almost god is he not?

There is no way that the high profile of the Duggars would even slow Gothard down. The Duggars had to have HIS permission to become public figures. They are his personallly groomed and hand-picked spokespersons for his organization. He would see their fame as 100% because of him and a reflection on how powerful and influential he is. If anything, he would get off more by showing he's so much more powerful than her family.

This appeared in the comments section of the Hinsdale Patch article:

IBLP is NOT a cult!! She VOLUNTEERED to stay there! I did too! We were good friends there. She didn't want to go home either. The rules are strict, yes. But there are so many benefits to being there. So many opportunities!

If she was overtired and hungry, it was her own fault. They feed us well, and we only work for like, 6 hours a day. And if you REALLY don't want to work, then you dont have to!!!

Those other stories are a bunch of BS.

I am loving it there, and she was too. She ran because of something that happened. Not because she was abused!!!

So something happened there that caused her to be so desperate that she ran away, but no, it couldn't possible be abuse and the hundreds of former students are just lying about the place. Right. :roll:

If this commenter is using language like BS I question their authenticity. Just doesn't sound like a Journey to the Heart adherent.

If this commenter is using language like BS I question their authenticity. Just doesn't sound like a Journey to the Heart adherent.

I completely agree and call bullshit on the commenter. Someone who is happy to be there would NOT be using a term like "BS" on the internets, nor is it likely they'd have enough internet access to even find the article in order to comment. At least not while in the program.

I hope she is safe. Maybe she has other people helping her and sheltering her. I pray that's the case.

Are all JTTH participants sent there because they have "issues"?

No, some of them choose to go there. I guess for a teenage fundie who loves drinking the kool aid, it sounds like a lot of fun...but for the ones that dont, its like hell.

I really doubt that Gothard would make advances towards the Duggar girls. The rumor is that Gothard likes young women with light blonde hair. The Duggar women all have darker hair, even those with lighter, blonde-ish hair (like Jana) still have pretty dark hair when you compare it to the ladies he usually has as "assistants".

• 1 month later...

Has anyone heard updates on Faith Christina Shirley after she was found in Chicago? Hope to hell they didn't send her back to Gothard camp!

• 3 months later...

I wonder what has become of Faith. IIRC she was "missing" twice. I hope she is happy, healthy and safe. I wonder if she will legally leave the movement once she is 18.

Perhaps she will join us here ?

I hope she made it to Chicago; hard to find her there. Fiancee works there, and I go there frequently. Sending her the picture and getting a good look at it myself, so if I ever did run into her, could keep her off the streets. Of course, she just might run *further* away when she realizes teh ebil homosexual couple wants to help her.

I found the sisters facebook. Does not appear Faith has one. According to posts on relatives pages, she had texted her dad saying she was fine but did not want to come home. This was the second time she ran away. She was also adopted by her stepfather, who is a doctor. Here is a link to an article featuring him:

www.bizjournals.com/jacksonville/storie ... ocus3.html

Mentions he volunteers at his church, King of Kings. Another link shows him on the board there. Their youtube channel mentions govt microchips.

www.kingofkingschurch.us/html/filled%20 ... ctions.htm

Membership requires completing...the basic life principles seminar! Very fundie church, no youth services, very "traditional family"

According to her various family's public Facebook's (but she does not have one), her father is a doctor and they attend a very fundie church that promotes iblp, homeschooling, no youth services, etc. In fact their church website says competing the basic life principles seminar is a prerequisite for church membership. Also, she was adopted by this father, and was a product of her mother's penis relationship. And they are very well of with a big house.

Archived