IGNORED

Michelle Bachmann not running again: REJOICE!

clarinetpower

I just wanted an excuse to have fun with smilies.

:clap: :cracking-up: :cupcake: :kiss-ass: :clapping: :auto-camptrailer: :fire-nanner: :character-beavisbutthead: :greetings-cya: :gay-rainbow: :happy-bouncymagenta::happy-bouncygreen::happy-bouncymulticolor::happy-bouncycyan::happy-bouncyblue::happy-bouncyred::happy-bouncyredfire::happy-bouncyshadowgreen::happy-bouncyyellow::happy-cheerleaderkid::happy-cheerleadersmileygirl::happy-cheerleadersmileyguy::happy-jumpeveryone::happy-jumpyellow::happy-partydance::happy-smileyflower::happy-smileyinthebox::happy-sunny::happy-sunshine::happy-wavemulticolor::obscene-buttsway::obscene-tolietclaw::text-merryxmas: :ymca: :wink-penguin:

Well, yeah, except now it will be harder to elect a Democrat from her district. Minnesota Republicans presumably won't be so crazy as to nominate someone as crazy as she is in her place.

I'm not breaking out the champagne or turning cartwheels just yet. It's anybody's guess just which genetic throwback they pick to run in her place.

The people who kept electing her are too much like her IMO, not to repeat the problem. I wonder what her career plans are now --- Fox news?

What are the odds she would have gotten donors or been re-elected if she had decided to run?

She is an incumbent in a Republican district. I didn't think South Carolinians were stupid enough to send Mark Sanford to Congress. I was wrong.

She is an incumbent in a Republican district. I didn't think South Carolinians were stupid enough to send Mark Sanford to Congress. I was wrong.

ITA about Mark Sanford. I can't believe he got elected to anything, let alone Congress, in a conservative area. Family values, anyone?

As far as Michele Bachmann, I was wondering (hoping) if she had made herself look silly enough that even the Republicans wouldn't support her. But I'm not familiar with her district.

Well I just find it all so sad. Are we really going to let this happen? Are we really going to let the sane and educated people of the world make our decisions for us? I say no! Now get out there and start yelling crap at foreign students and homosexuals as if your life depended on it!

She was probably "encouraged" by the Republican powers that be to stand down. There's an ongoing ethics investigation, and she barely squeaked by the Democratic challenger the last time. The Republicans have a much better chance of keeping the seat with her gone.

For the sake of the state and the country, I'm glad the lunatic is leaving, but for entertainment purposes part of me is going to miss her very special brand of crazy and her fabulous formerly fabulous husband.

EXCEPT: Jim Graves was beating her in early polls. Now he will probably lose, as this is a VERY conservative district. They WANT to elect a Republican...but Michele was just too far off the crazy train rails.

Here's my very early prediction as to who the Republicans are going to throw in the pot, although it's an open seat and there is probably lots of salivation going on right now. In fact, there may be moving going on. BUT...my prediction is this guy: Jim Abeler, from ANoka.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Abeler

BTW: I think she was terrified of losing, nothing more, nothing less. So she quit. Typical of Republican females, it seems.

I campaigned for Jim Graves at the tail end of his campaign last year (I just moved here in Sept) and will again.

She was probably "encouraged" by the Republican powers that be to stand down. There's an ongoing ethics investigation, and she barely squeaked by the Democratic challenger the last time. The Republicans have a much better chance of keeping the seat with her gone.

For the sake of the state and the country, I'm glad the lunatic is leaving, but for entertainment purposes part of me is going to miss her very special brand of crazy and her fabulous formerly fabulous husband.

I'm a former constituent of hers, and we literally never agreed on anything-- as far as I was concerned, a stopped clock would have been preferable. Part of me really wanted to see her lose this fall, but I'm glad to see her leave the House on her own terms, too.

Also Palin buttboy Joe Miller announced he is going to run against Mark Begich in 2014 for US Senate. The same Joe who had his security detail arrest a journalist, was fired from his job as an assistant DA for using his work computer for political purposes, left the military before his stint was up for reasons unexplained, opposes unemployment insurance while his wife collected it.

She must've backed down 'cause of gay marriage. I mean; if she were to run again, that would've been 1 of her main talking points which would be against it, no? I love how she wants to support Israel. Fundie Christians only want to support Israel so the Christian appocolypse can happen so that they can get to Heaven faster than those who they don't consider Christians and non-Christians. That, and I bet she's anti-abortion. I thought that republicans were all about jobs, jobs, jobs?

Besides the investigation, etc., she should have resigned long ago/never have been elected. As a Minnesotan, she makes us look bad on a national scale. And as a gay person, I'm just relieved she (hopefully) won't be around for her and her rhetoric to hurt us any more. Her husband runs clinics to change gay people straight through prayer and harmful "therapy" techniques. And she promoted a "neutrality" policy in the schools in her district on the issue of sexual orientation, to keep kids from hearing about teh ebil gays at school. However, the schools had a major issue with bullying gay and gay-perceived students that the policy only worsened. Because of the policy, teachers didn't feel they had any way to deal with those issues. In the end, several students committed suicide due to the bullying. Kids and culture are cruel, sure, but she actively prevented anyone from protecting the victims, who died. That is truly evil. This stuff is besides all her antigay statements made and policies backed while on the campaign trail and in office.

You can read about what happened to the teens here:

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/ne ... s-20120202

I am anxiously awaiting the commentary of Stewart, Colbert, and Maher on this joyous day.

:cracking-up: :clapping: :banana-rainbow: :character-beavisbutthead: :romance-grouphug: :eleventy:

Nanana nanana, hey, hey, hey goodbye! :greetings-wavingblue::greetings-wavingyellow::greetings-clappingorange::greetings-clappingyellow:

I am anxiously awaiting the commentary of Stewart, Colbert, and Maher on this joyous day.

:cracking-up: :clapping: :banana-rainbow: :character-beavisbutthead: :romance-grouphug: :eleventy:

Too bad Stewart and Colbert are on hiatus this week...

Glenn Beck has opined (favorably) on her departure. Of course, he's happy because she is leaving "with her honor and integrity intact."

:laughing-rolling:

(Investigation? What investigation?)

Classic Glenn Beck take on the situation. I do miss him being on Fox and Jon Stewart doing bits with the chalk board to mock him was hilarious.

Too bad Stewart and Colbert are on hiatus this week...

I think that our St. Rachel of the Maddow is working this week. I am looking forward to her take on this.

Glenn Beck has opined (favorably) on her departure. Of course, he's happy because she is leaving "with her honor and integrity intact."

This does not surprise me. At all.

I dunno how I am going to survive a Stewart-free summer. If he doesn't come back, I will die inside.

He blamed her near loss on the "huge Somali immigration" population. Huh, I was unaware of this...there are some Somali immigrants in Willmar, which is about 45 minutes away, but not in Michele's district. And no way would they be enough to offset the white, pro-life Catholics littering the streets of St. Cloud and Anoka.