IGNORED

Heistheway...REALLY?

dpndetfarm

There was once a Puritan girl in Colonial America named "If Christ had not died thou wouldst have been damned"

I bet everyone fell all over trying to invite HER parents to their barbecues...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There was once a Puritan girl in Colonial America named "If Christ had not died thou wouldst have been damned"

Ah, yes, of the Barebones family. Went by "Nick," if I recall correctly (From name sites, not from Colonial America. I am not that old).

My first observations:

She uses explanation marks and the word "sweet" out of context and far more often than she should.

In the header her husbands name is in a font three times as big as her name. It looks very odd, and we get that she's a submissive helpmeet, she doesn't need her husband's name towering over hers to remind us.

I emailed them to see how the name was pronounced and the father responded:

Heistheway is pronounced

Hi-stha-way. She does not use a nickname. Maybe someday. Her name

means "He is the way" -- Jesus is the way to the Father. :o)

Also, their packages of "physical and spiritual food" for the needy seem to contain one can of food, one small bag of some sort of grain, an anti abortion DVD and some living waters tracts. I think they need to focus a little more on the physical nourishment.

In addition to going to JimBob's 47th birthday party, they also were at the Duggar household another night where they heard this testimony:

timandfranicia.com/2012/08/andrew-patton-shares-duggars/

It's kind of sickening to hear them gush about what an honour it was to sit opposite JimBob and Michelle.

The Duggars invited them for dinner, I would hope they would sit with them. Did Tim and Franicia expect to be seated at the kiddie table with assorted howlers?

I'm imagining Jedediah and Heistheway having a VF faux Puritan wedding in ten years time. Their names are right for it, and Tim and Franicia seem to be determined fundie social climbers.

Wonder if the Duggars realize they got out-fundied. Josh? Jana? Jennifer? Pshaw, obviously you are not obsessed enough with Teh LORD to name all your kids after phrases from the Bible. Tsk, tsk, J'chelle. Imagine how much MORE attention you could have gotten if you had 19 kids with names like "Jesus Redeems all Sins" and "Are you bathed in the blood?"

Maybe they were trying to make up for lost time with "Jubilee".

In addition to going to JimBob's 47th birthday party, they also were at the Duggar household another night where they heard this testimony:

timandfranicia.com/2012/08/andrew-patton-shares-duggars/

My bullshit detector is fluttering.

Spoiler alert for anyone who wants to watch the precious, precious testimony first.

What was the wife doing back at the hospital the day after he died? And what a coincidence it was bumping into her after the husband's room had already been cleared out and cleaned up.

I'm sure this fundie boy does witness to anyone who gives him the time of day, but this story is wrapped up just a teeny bit too neatly.

But this idea of giving kids phrases for names could be a whole new trend. Endless possibilities. Donotbogartthatjoint Jones. Passmemyglassofwine Smith. Yankeessuck would be very popular in my neck of the woods.

Spoiler alert for anyone who wants to watch the precious, precious testimony first.

What was the wife doing back at the hospital the day after he died? And what a coincidence it was bumping into her after the husband's room had already been cleared out and cleaned up.

I'm sure this fundie boy does witness to anyone who gives him the time of day, but this story is wrapped up just a teeny bit too neatly.

But this idea of giving kids phrases for names could be a whole new trend. Endless possibilities. Donotbogartthatjoint Jones. Passmemyglassofwine Smith. Yankeessuck would be very popular in my neck of the woods.

Howdy, neighbor. :D

Also? GrabmeaDunkin.

I think that would be popular just about anywhere, except in the Bronx. :lol: Ohiostatesucks and Notredamesucks would be popular here as well.

Wickedgood.

LOL

Or one of these Northern New England classics:

Dontbesuchadink and

Icouldgivetwoshits

This family has certainly been an education. At least one of you found actual food in the handouts. All I could see were tracts and a DVD. I wonder how many homes have DVD players in Guam, you know, the ones who don't have enough to eat?.

Apparently, Theywentthattaway was preaching to a little girl using Living Waters strategies. As if her name wasn't enough to socially ostracize her.

:lol: :clap:

Great name for the child of a cowboy fundie!

Apparently this blogger (and the family) celebrated Jim Bob's 47th birthday. I bet that was a great time. :shrug:

Well, compared to someone like Steve Maxwell, Boob's birthday was probably like a scene out of The Hangover.

It would've been better if the parents had looked up a name that meant "He is the way." My Korean friends tell me that in Korea it is common to have a name with a good meaning, but you don't name the kid directly the meaning.

And then I have a friend named Heaven, who's middle name is Leigh. People comment on her name all the time.

I emailed them to see how the name was pronounced and the father responded:

Heistheway is pronounced

Hi-stha-way. She does not use a nickname. Maybe someday. Her name

means "He is the way" -- Jesus is the way to the Father. :o)

Okay, how do you pronounce "stha"?

Hi's the way

is how I think it is pronounced.

Thatstheway?

I wonder if the Duggar girls snark on them.

I know what you are thinking. If they are fundies, then where is their home-based photography business?

Ask, and you shall receive.

tim-franicia.com

And a flight training business: aceflighttraining.com

Here's Franicia's LinkedIn page: linkedin.com/pub/franicia-white/69/7b8/810

Here is a comment she left on the Bates family blog two years ago:

Kelly,

Happy Thanksgiving to your family from ours!

I know it takes dedicated time and love in order to write these posts and respond to them. I wanted to thank you for that.

It is so helpful to be able to “visit†and get edifying resources that are recommended by your family. Those sermons from Pastor Davis have been such a blessing to us and our friends and family that ask for counsel. We will look into those other resources as we are not familiar with them. We are trying to place recommended resources on one of our websites as to save us time whenever brethren ask for similar information.

Again, thank you all for being a light!

Love in Christ,

Franicia for the White family

Wickedgood.

Future fundie children in my neighborhood:

Hellatight Hoopes. Stophammertime Simmons. Welcometo[city]nowpleasestopdoingthat Park.

Yeah, Heistheway sounds Puritan to me....too bad she's living in the 21st century, poor thing.

I know what you are thinking. If they are fundies, then where is their home-based photography business?

Ask, and you shall receive.

tim-franicia.com

And a flight training business: aceflighttraining.com

Here's Franicia's LinkedIn page: linkedin.com/pub/franicia-white/69/7b8/810

Here is a comment she left on the Bates family blog two years ago:

They have a media page for publicity regarding Franicia's "cooking show".

Hmmmm...media page, shilling for Living Waters, hanging with VF and the Duggars...can you say "attention-mongers", anyone? Maybe angling to be the next fundie celebrities?

Archived