IGNORED

Heistheway...REALLY?

dpndetfarm

I don't know if this is a fundy we have previously discussed. I don't believe it has been as I would not forget something as WTF as this.

.timandfranicia.com/2012/08/happy-9th-birthday-dear-precious-heistheway-birth-story/

(I think I broke the link correctly. If not please tell me or feel free to jump in and fix).

I have not gotten much farther than this page because it has had me scratching my head for the last 15 minutes or so.

I this a common name for a fundy girl? Will they name their first boy Icomeuntoyou? How do you introduce your child

to people and how do they respond without spewing their Pepsi out their nose?

Maybe I've just led a sheltered Atheist life, but none of the baby books I read suggested taking a sentence and making it a name. :serious: :confusion-scratchheadblue:

Edit to add First New Topic! :eleventy:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, it I had seen that written down outside of the fundie context, I would have thought it was someone's last name, like the mom's maiden name, pronounced "HISE-thuh-way." Or something.

And what kind of nickname can you make from Heistheway? :shock: There just ISN'T one. :?

Isn't that Jinger Duggar in one of the pics on that post? (I think it's Jinger, those girls all blend together in my mind any more)

How do you even pronounce that. Do they really just say "He is the way" every time they say her name? Maybe she can go by Izzie for the "is".

I keep reading it as "heist away." I was hoping that it was just a nickname to protect the child's privacy on the blog, but no. And she is the only child to be saddled with a name like that.

I also find it so demoralizing that a little girl has a name that begins with the masculine "He," like she is already getting a lesson in how only men are important.

I try really hard to never snark on what people choose to name their children, but FFS. Seriously?

I keep reading it as "heist away." I was hoping that it was just a nickname to protect the child's privacy on the blog, but no. And she is the only child to be saddled with a name like that.

I also find it so demoralizing that a little girl has a name that begins with the masculine "He," like she is already getting a lesson in how only men are important.

And her brothers all got perfectly normal names.

It's as if girls are pets to these people.

And her brothers all got perfectly normal names.

It's as if girls are pets to these people.

The odd thing to me was how she was talking about how she thought about names for a future daughter before she was even married, and came up with this. And then she said they wanted the gender to be a surprise so they had selected a name for a girl and a name for a boy. So apparently "Heistheway" is a girl's name to her. And here I was thinking it wasn't even a name...

Noah, Daniel, Abraham...all very normal biblical boys' names. She couldn't have named her daughter Mary or something??

And what kind of nickname can you make from Heistheway? :shock: There just ISN'T one. :?

Heist

Izzie

Way

Hee-iz

Jesuswept

Christonacrackerthat'syourname?!

:D

Heist

Izzie

Way

Hee-iz

Jesuswept

:lol:

ETA: trouble with smiley page

My husband's birth name is Hindi. (His parents were almost kinda Hare Krishnas when he was born.) His 3 siblings all have totally normal white, middle class American names. Within 6 months, they realized just how ridiculous a Hindi name is on a white kid from PA and started calling him by his father's first name and fully supported him in changing his name legally at age 16.

I only met my husband's mother (his father passed when he was 6) 20 years later, but apparently the family was in quite a state of . . . religious weird for a while that isn't possible to imagine knowing them now.

My first thought when I read these absolutely craptastic first names is please let the child have a normal middle name. Also with her being so vigilant into "the word" I worry about if she starts questioning or losing her faith. Could you imagine if she became agnostic or atheist with that kind of name?

Isn't that Jinger Duggar in one of the pics on that post? (I think it's Jinger, those girls all blend together in my mind any more)

Yes, there are random posing-with-the-Duggars photos scattered through the blog.

Nickname could be Way. "Way? No way!" "Way!" Their own fundie "Who's on first?" routine. Perfect for those adolescent years. They could name her siblings "Likeyouknow", "Seriously", and "ThenIsaid-thenshesaid".

Apparently this blogger (and the family) celebrated Jim Bob's 47th birthday. I bet that was a great time. :shrug:

Poor girl. Too bad she can't be a normal 9 year old and, I don't know, play soccer or something.

My first thought when I read these absolutely craptastic first names is please let the child have a normal middle name. Also with her being so vigilant into "the word" I worry about if she starts questioning or losing her faith. Could you imagine if she became agnostic or atheist with that kind of name?

Meh. I have a ridiculous name for an atheist. It's just a name, you laugh about it. My middle name is no better. I think the biggest issue is her name isn't actually a name.

Heist

Izzie

Way

Hee-iz

Jesuswept

I think my favourite is Jesuswept. :laughing-rolling:

My husband's birth name is Hindi. (His parents were almost kinda Hare Krishnas when he was born.) His 3 siblings all have totally normal white, middle class American names. Within 6 months, they realized just how ridiculous a Hindi name is on a white kid from PA and started calling him by his father's first name and fully supported him in changing his name legally at age 16.

I only met my husband's mother (his father passed when he was 6) 20 years later, but apparently the family was in quite a state of . . . religious weird for a while that isn't possible to imagine knowing them now.

I had an acquaintance with the same kinda thing going on; his name was very Hindi, and he was a white, blue eyed, blond boy with dreads. Turns out, his parents were living in a Krishna commune when he was born :lol:

Apparently this blogger (and the family) celebrated Jim Bob's 47th birthday. I bet that was a great time. :shrug:

And they made Thanksgiving gifts that included propaganda tracts from Ray Comfort and Kirk Cameron. Gosh, thanks!

Apparently, Theywentthattaway was preaching to a little girl using Living Waters strategies. As if her name wasn't enough to socially ostracize her. The parents are apparently big fans, and had Kirk'n'Rayray send boxes of tracts to them in Guam.

The family attended the Vision Forum food (and costumes!) conference last year. No Doug (Phillips who is a tool) photos, but there's a video of Jessa, Joyanna, Jinger and Jana singing, or, more accurately, "singing".

Blog is a gold mine of snark. Thanks for the link!

What about the other daughter? When I Googled Pelaiah, this is what I got:

Third son of Elioenai (No. 1) in the genealogy of the family of Jeconiah.

So she has a boy's name??

Archived