IGNORED

Modest underwear?

Petals

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OK, I'm gonna defraud you all now with some very immodest underwear indeed:

http://www.aussiebum.com/en/underwear/

When I was in the UK there were giant ads for that brand everywhere - like the full-poster kind at bus stops, tube stations, etc. Heh. Nike.

I went to Target the other day and fully intended to get some sexah undahpants, but they were having the 5 for $20 thing and I wound up stocking up on cute-but-comfy bikinis. Old habits die hard, sigh.

Couple of years ago I don’t remember how but my brother found out about these and he was crying he was laughing so hard. I myself couldn’t stand to wear them to much fabric claustrophobic feel, have no idea what special powers they have but no thanks.

I think every time I've ever seen a forum discussion on bras it has gone on for ages and ages. I guess no one likes shopping for bras.

I'm very large in the chest myself so have had a lot of trouble over the years. I finally realized that one brand (Glamorise) gives me the shape I want and that every time I tried another brand it was a disaster, so I have to stick with that. I'd love to be smaller though and have a choice of all sorts of cute bras. My sister is an A cup and very thin (not fair! We need to redistribute) and is always padding her bras trying to get cleavage. Another thing I dislike about being so *bountiful* is that I have discovered that wearing a bra too many hours gives me carpal tunnel like symptoms even if I'm just reading or wandering around the house, while just typing never does. Argh. Plus people who are small like my sister don't have to wear different bras for exercise.

My sister and I mutually envy each other.

But no one will see your underwear except you (and maybe your SO). Why make such a huge deal about something that no one except the wearer gets to see? It's a creepy obsession. Are they planning to do an undie inspection before church or something, to make sure no one is wearing cute undies??

I didn't buy my first thong until I was 19. I own quite a few now, but I only wear them occasionally.

And I get mine from Marks & Spencer and a few from Bonds. I actually have quite a hard time finding bras with straps that sits well on my shoulders and doesn't slip off. I have weird shoulders. :?

I have to second the recommendations to get a good fitting done at a specialty shop. This is particularly true if you are smaller-than-average or larger-than-average up top. I went to Intimacy (myintimacy.com/) and had an awesome experience. The fitter helped me figure out not only the right size, but the best style to show off my figure. I did buy one of their (rather pricey) bras, but after that I just took the knowledge I had gained from the appointment and applied it elsewhere.

I found Intimacy through a friend who is a 32G. It's especially good for women who are at sizes that are hard to find in stores--both large and small!

It's hard enough to find 32A, and that's the smallest size available in any store. I can't imagine how difficult it would be to find 32B or larger.

Then again, according to department stores nowadays 32-sized women are actually pubescent girls wanting to feel grown-up by shopping in the women's section. In reality, girls' bras are NOT sized the same way as women's bras. For women you measure the the breasts AND underneath, but for girls for some stupid fucking reason you measure just around the chest and add 5. A girl with a chest like mine, according to the girls' bras, would be 34A, but a 34A in girls is more like a 32AA in women's sizes. When I was large enough to have to leave the girls' section (the 36A girls' bras no longer fit, since my breasts were, at that point, too large for girls' bras) I was still too small for 32A in women's. It pisses me off that bra makers do that. It's awful. Are they trying to make the girls feel better? I've noticed recently that I never see AA in the kid's section anymore...

Yes, I've tried shopping in the girls' section for bras. It's awful and it only makes me want implants more.

Archived