IGNORED

Dear Abby's answer to a Quiverfull reader

Ralar

Not surprised by her response. Dear Abby (and her sister Ann Landers) were Jewish, so I doubt they would be taken in by Christian-flavored G-d talk.

Dear Abby could really kick ass sometimes. I'm remembering her response to the racist neighbours in particular.

Dear Abby could really kick ass sometimes. I'm remembering her response to the racist neighbours in particular.

Are you referring to this one?

Dear Abby: Two men who claim to be father and adopted son just bought an old mansion across the street and fixed it up. We notice a very suspicious mixture of company coming and going at all hours — blacks, whites, Orientals, women who look like men and men who look like women. This has always been considered one of the finest sections of San Francisco, and these weirdos are giving it a bad name. How can we improve the neighborhood? — Nob Hill Residents

Dear Residents: You could move.

Dear Abby was awesome.

Are you referring to this one?

Dear Abby was awesome.

II think the couple was gay. Back in the day gay couples would some times have one adopt the other in order to have legal protection

You know what's sad about this though? The original letter was written in 1969, and here we are in 2013 still dealing with this crap.

You know what's sad about this though? The original letter was written in 1969, and here we are in 2013 still dealing with this crap.

What's even more sad is 'this crap' can be replaced with any one of a number of issues today. I saw something similar posted by a women who was involved in the women's lib movement.

The current Dear Abby, the daughter of the last one, is every bit as great as her mom. She seems to suffer no bullshit either.

Dear Abby was the perfect blend of common sense, empathy and snark. We need more Dear Abbys and less Dr. Lauras.

Archived