IGNORED

Updates On Sarah Mally's Page Annoy Me

debrand

I think that this is obnoxious. The waiter has to serve other people and those people would like to eat in a timely matter. It is rude and thoughtless to demand his attention so that the religious person can share their faith. No matter how sweet they act on the surface, this is why I find many evangelicals to be obnoxious and selfish assholes

brothersandsisters.net/gracenotes/

We had a few free days in TX that we spent with the Martins. Here Dr. Martin is witnessing to the waiter at a restaurant. I love gleaning from the Martin’s wisdom and non-stop ministry lifestyle. Some of the highlights of our time with them for me were hearing their little miracle stories of God’s protection/provision, brainstorming about some future conference ideas, and listening to Mr. Martin read 2 Thessalonians and expound on it after meals.

Are you Jewish? Well,your existence proves that everyone should worship Jesus! :evil-eye:

“

If anyone wishes to know whether or not the God of the Bible exists, one of the strongest reasons he can examine is the Jewish people. An honest inquiry into this question will provide more than an adequate answer to the truthfulness of the Christian faith … Have you ever heard of a Swedish Moabite? A Russian Philistine? A German Edomite? An American Ammonite? No! These people have been totally absorbed into other cultures and races. However, have you ever heard of a Swedish Jew? A Russian Jew? A German Jew? An American Jew? Yes! As prophesied, they have not lost their identity.

– Josh McDowell

Sarah must be paying attention to our site for money making ideas because she is offering a single ladies retreat

“Our prayer is that you will leave this retreat encouraged, challenged, and more spiritually fulfilled in your specific season of singleness, as well as inspired with new ways to serve Jesus Christ. Whether you are in a “dry†season and feel discouraged or depressed, or in a season of acceptance and joy, the purpose of this retreat is to provide teaching and fellowship that will bless your heart, leaving you more conformed to Jesus Christ and more excited about His plan for your life (Jer. 29:11).â€

I would say to Sarah, if you are feeling discouraged or depressed please ask questions about your beliefs now.

edited because the word is are not or. What the heck was I thinking? :embarrassed:

I would like to preapologize to international students

A recent visit to a CRU (Campus Crusade for Christ) international get-together at the University of Iowa reminded me of how much need there is for international students to hear the good news of the gospel. I learned that there are 1,500 Chinese international students just at the University of Iowa alone (3,500 internationals total at that university)! So much opportunity. Now we’re brainstorming about organizing a trip for international students to the Creation Museum

Seriously, as an American I would like to apologize for the dumb crap that this family will try to inflict on you. No matter how sweet the Mallys act, you do not have to be polite to them. Seriously, I am soooo sorry to all the poor international students that might be the target of this family

I'm not sure how many international students will be clamoring to take a 7 hour car ride to the Land of Make Believe.

Pretty sure the Chinese students would have a good laugh at the bullshit "science" at the Creation Museum and go about their day.

Moabite, et al were like "French"- a place name. Chinese french makes no sense at all. "Jew" is like "Christian", a religious name. I assume she's heard of a Chinese Christian.

Duh.

This is the Duggar daughters' only author (other than God), right? "Waiting for Prince Charming" or what-have-you?

What a strange life she leads! Promoting her family's business and her own books, trying to stay relevant and youthful-looking even as she goes the route of Poor Sarah Maxwell.

Her dad can't even take his hat off in a restaurant - how very gangsta. Oh, wait, it's Texas, different rules. ;) It hasn't been a good morning for me but it's getting better, as I browse the blogs of people whose lives truly would enervate me beyond all sanity. We all are where we need to be, I guess. Thank God in Heaven that I am where I am.

This is the Duggar daughters' only author (other than God), right? "Waiting for Prince Charming" or what-have-you?

What a strange life she leads! Promoting her family's business and her own books, trying to stay relevant and youthful-looking even as she goes the route of Poor Sarah Maxwell.

Her dad can't even take his hat off in a restaurant - how very gangsta. Oh, wait, it's Texas, different rules. ;) It hasn't been a good morning for me but it's getting better, as I browse the blogs of people whose lives truly would enervate me beyond all sanity. We all are where we need to be, I guess. Thank God in Heaven that I am where I am.

Yep. Same woman. I both pity and find myself frustrated by her.

Seriously, as an American I would like to apologize for the dumb crap that this family will try to inflict on you. No matter how sweet the Mallys act, you do not have to be polite to them. Seriously, I am soooo sorry to all the poor international students that might be the target of this family

I also join you in the preapology. I admit I rarely look at the Mally blog, but reading the part about wanting to take the Chinese students to the creation museum annoyed me. I bet there is a specific reason that CRU group is targeting Chinese students. There was CRU group at my college, but I don't remember them ever trying to proselytize to the international students.

Isn't Sarah like 35? I remember she was on 19kac a couple of years ago. I remember it was mentioned that she was 33 then. I might be wrong about. The part about "witnessing" to the waiter is just annoying and thoughtless like debrand mentioned. Servers are often pressured to work equally among the tables assigned to them. I was a server in college for a couple of years. Sometimes during the day it was easy to have chit chat with customers because the restaurant wasn't busy. But the chit chat was often tourists asking me questions about sight seeing, museums, or hiking trails.

People who try to witness to restaurant servers are going to a verbal smack in the face someday when it's the dinner rush and the servers are trying to do their jobs in an effective manner.

Who wants to bet they probably left one of those million dollar bills as a tip? When I was in school I waited tables, and there was an older couple who would come in with 6 or sometimes 7 of their grandkids, and they would leave one of those dang things for a tip. That's just wrong.

As a former waitress and continuing polite person, wtf is with people trying to proselytize to others while that person is working. It's annoying enough when it happens during leisure time. Just FYI ... customer service-type employees are NOT a captive audience for your convenience. They are PAID to be nice to you. And you are INTERFERING WITH THEIR LIVELIHOOD.

Dicks.

The thing that bugs me most about "witnessing" is it starts from an assumption that other people don't have a spiritual life - or don't have one as good as yours. It's supremely arrogant. She'd be so much happier if she saw others as good people - and a better person herself.

I believe they do tip in cash. They had a previous post about talking to a server who disliked Sundays because of the lack of tips. They did state that they thought that was rude so I am hoping they do. That being said, I find witnessing to be unspeakably rude. Hubby, baby and I were witnessed to an a Mennonite market today. Not by Mennonite, by Southern Baptists. I walked away, I was just trying to get my milk!

Back to topic, they are rude and insufferable people.

I once had a woman follow and witness at me for my entire 2 mile walk to work. It was 6:00 AM, and all I could think was, how does she have the energy for this!? I was too confused, tired and uncaffeinated to think of a way to get rid of her that didn't involve one of us running into traffic. It was - educational...

I'm going to be the dirty one here because everyone else has covered all the basics, but I presume the universally accepted meaning of "dry season" evades her? O.o

Here Dr. Martin is witnessing to the waiter at a restaurant.

So rude, dude! There wouldn't be a tip big enough to make me stay at that table.

Oh, well, maybe for $1000, if I could silently sing "The Devil Inside" to myself the entire time.

This is kind of off topic, but it does pertain to rudeness. At the church I was dedicated in and attended all through my youth, Monday nights were visitation nights. Y'all, don't ever fill out a visitors slip at a Baptist church if you want any privacy. Every Monday, we would go to people's homes that filled out one of those and would go see any members who missed church the day earlier. I was always expected to go, and then my mom made me read Miss Manners book. She said it was rude to just drop in without calling. I saw my way out of these evenings that had always embarrassed me. Well, I told my best friend why I wouldn't be required to go on Mondays anymore, and that big mouth decided when the youth director asked her where I was said "Laura thinks it's rude to just go to people's houses without calling first." She said he looked like he had been slapped. That made me lmao - I was already fed up with church at that early age. About a month later, they started calling people to make sure a visit would be welcome. It's nice to know I may have had an impact. I just wonder how many people welcomed the visits, and how many lied like hell?

I wonder how the waiter felt about being photographed and put up on a blog. I guess privacy rules don't apply if you're doing the Lord's work, right?

"Hi, welcome to America! Check out this entire monument dedicated to passing off stupidity as science! It's great evidence when other nations are pulling ahead of is STEM field!"

The thing that bugs me most about "witnessing" is it starts from an assumption that other people don't have a spiritual life - or don't have one as good as yours. It's supremely arrogant. She'd be so much happier if she saw others as good people - and a better person herself.

That bothers me too. When I was a server years ago, I was never witnessed to, but if I had been back then I think I would have been pissed. I'm an atheist, but I was raised Catholic and remained Catholic until I was around 23. Back then, I would have likely been mad at others assuming I wasn't spiritual or non-religious. If I went back to restaurant work now that I'm an atheist, I would be annoyed more for people to bring up religion and spirituality in a restaurant setting. I feel sorry for any current restaurant servers who have to put up with fundies who try to witness to them.

I found a blog that mentions the Mallys Radiant Purity Conference.

This past weekend I went to a Radiant Purity Conference held by Bright Lights {Sarah Mally’s ministry, the author of the book Before You Meet Prince Charming}. It was about encouraging girls to live in purity and to guard their hearts and to wait patiently for their future husband. They talked about dating vs. courting. And how to handle a crush and how to deal with friendships with guys. They also discussed principles on dressing modestly. They also talked about cautions of using the internet and using your time wisely. Also in each session they had funny skits to go along with the topics, which I enjoyed. To sum it up, they focused on how we use our time of singleness and how to glorify Yahweh while waiting. I kind of like this quote, “Our ultimate purpose is not to get married but to serve Yahweh.â€

I think that this particular blog owner is young so I won't snark on her but it does give you an idea of what the Mallys conference is like.

thenarrowpassage.wordpress.com/2012/07/31/radiant-purity/

From same blog but quoting Sarah Mally's book. First, I am not a rose anymore than I was a cow when my mom told me that men won't buy the cow if they can get the milk for free. There is certainly more to me than a vagina and the existence of a hymen did not mean that I was a kind, sweet person. Although her metaphor is more appealing than the cow one, it is still offensive and reduces young women to their hymens.

I must have been a weed because I was relieved to lose my virginity. LOL

Look at this. What do you see?†her father questioned.

“A lovely rose,†she said.

“What color?â€

“White.â€

“Pure white,†her father emphasized. “What else do you notice?â€

“Well, it is closed. It is just a bud.â€

“What is the inside like?†he inquired. “Open it for me.â€

“I can’t open it for you!â€

“Why not?†he asked.

“Because it has to open by itself,†she stated.

“But I want to see the inside,†repeated the king.â€

“Then you will have to wait for it to open when it is ready. If I force it to open, you will never see its beauty.â€

“But are you not overly cautious?†teased the king. “We’ll only open a few petals.â€

“The rose is very delicate,†she answered. “The petals will tear, and it will never be the same.â€

“And so it is with many fair maidens,†the king explained. “Their beauty is never fully seen, for they wait not until the proper time. They are handled and played with by too many a fellow. Their heart is opened prematurely. The fragrance and beauty that was intended for the perfect time is lost or damaged forever.â€

“Yes, I understand now, Father,†said the princess, “but all I want to do is go to the fair. I won’t—â€

“Thou mayest go to the fair if thou think it to be profitable, but first thou must understand how easily a heart can be stolen. Thou must purpose to be a white and pure rose—a bud that is still closed and one that will not give away the key to her heart until the time be right.â€

“How will I know the right time?â€

“Thou wilt know. But it will not be for a while. Devote thyself to the business of thy Heavenly Father. Learn to lay down thy life for others. In so doing, thou wilt be prepared for the noblest and bravest of knights, and no rose will be sweeter nor more beautiful than thee.â€

—From the book Before You Meet Prince Charming by Sarah Mally

thenarrowpassage.wordpress.com/2011/11/04/pure-white/

Do you all think I shouldput the white rose story in its own thread? It does seem like a slightly different subject than updates on Mally's page.

Archived