IGNORED

Sister wives coming back?

Eternalbluepearl

For the youngest (?) child, Solomon, they had a birthday where they read off wishes for Solomon as he grows up. I thought it was a sort of sweet time-capsule video thing for him, but Robyn read one wishing "that Solomon will find his true love/s/ and spend his life with them", really emphasizing the plural. It reminded me of people denying that someone's gay and saying something like "Oh, one day Annie's going to find herself a /man/ and settle down," or maybe I'm listening into it too hard.

Haven't the adults talked about not pressuring the kids into polygamy, or did they have that conversation when it was just three sister wives?

And they rented a booth, traveled four hours round-trip, and probably had a hotel room or three to sell only *19* pieces of jewelry over multiple days? Holy hell, no wonder half of them are reconsidering going back to real estate. Something's got to change there to make it more successful (pricing, marketing, etc)

Robyn has expressed her desire for all of the children to be in polygamist relationships. She is more hardcore about it then the others.

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Robyn has expressed her desire for all of the children to be in polygamist relationships. She is more hardcore about it then the others.

She named him Solomon because the Biblical Solomon had 700 wives and 300 concubines. That's seriously hardcore.

I have to say it, Robyn comes across as dumber than dirt. I don't know how the others - Janelle and Christine especially - can stand her. Which leads me to the only thing I like about this show - the fact that it demonstrates how incredibly effed up polygamy is, even when it's nouveau, relatively liberal polygamy.

She named him Solomon because the Biblical Solomon had 700 wives and 300 concubines. That's seriously hardcore.

I have to say it, Robyn comes across as dumber than dirt. I don't know how the others - Janelle and Christine especially - can stand her. Which leads me to the only thing I like about this show - the fact that it demonstrates how incredibly effed up polygamy is, even when it's nouveau, relatively liberal polygamy.

:pink-shock: It's been a while since my catechism days, so I didn't remember that one, but oh my, that's intense!

This is going to sound mean and petty but I don't care.

For people who are promoting health supplements and claimed to want to open a gym, none of them look to be very healthy or fit. Why do they think they'd make good spokespeople for that kind of thing?

I remember when they all went to work out together, Meri said something about being at it for months and she hadn't lost anythign yet, but she was working very slowly. Even if you work out very slowly, you will lose if you also eat right.

I don't get these jokers at all. I'm not even going to go into the whole Robin storyline, that just seems made up for the cameras. I don't think they actually like her or each other very much anymore.

After watching this latest episode, I thought Janelle was just going to burst over the stupidity of the jewelry business and Robyn's babble. Christine came across stubborn and Kody as lazy. It seems logical for Janelle and Christine to pursue their real estate interests while Robyn and Meri get their jewelry business act together-I suggest starting with a business plan! The family appears to be desperate for an income, beyond TLC. Kody needs to get a job fast. Meri- make a concrete decision on another baby and move on (I may be wrong; but, I am wondering if she has a drinking issue? Sometimes when she speaks, her words are slurry, her face is very red and her eyes just don't look healthy). In other words, everyone get it together! :pull-hair:

The jewelry is never going to be successful. It's ugly, overpriced and there is no market for it. I get that it's hard to admit something you created and had hopes for us an abysmal failure, so I have some sympathy for robin. But it is so unfair and idiotic that she is dragging the other sister wives down with this. She's making them feel guilty for needing to put their time and energy into something that's actually going to support their family. And like a pp said too, why do all 5 of them need to be working on this full time?

Regarding Meri and the baby- I just don't get it. First off, not a damn one of these five adults has a steady job, and they already have 17 children, who are beginning to go to college. They also just bought 4 large houses, and they're depending solely on TLC money. Their show is in, what, the 4th season? It's not going to last a whole lot longer. And yet they're considering having another child? I'm sure TLC would pay for the IVF, but they're going to have to afford another child for the next 18 years. It shows how utterly irresponsible and immature these people are that they're even considering bringing an 18th child into this disaster.

Regarding Meri and the baby- I just don't get it. First off, not a damn one of these five adults has a steady job, and they already have 17 children, who are beginning to go to college. They also just bought 4 large houses, and they're depending solely on TLC money. Their show is in, what, the 4th season? It's not going to last a whole lot longer. And yet they're considering having another child? I'm sure TLC would pay for the IVF, but they're going to have to afford another child for the next 18 years. It shows how utterly irresponsible and immature these people are that they're even considering bringing an 18th child into this disaster.

Well, they are Mormon.

I think TLC may be the problem for Meri. I'm sure they'd love a surrogacy story line but Meri doesn't love the idea of another kid. Hopefully she's not feeling pressure to agree just to keep the show around for another season or two but with those huge homes and no viable work in sight save maybe a shared real estate business, they probably desperately need to keep it going. This could be the reason for all her weepiness about the situation.

Now that the new season has officially begun, I am doing recaps on Sister Wives here on FJ. Look for it under Bloggers Burrow, I hope you enjoy!

I seem to recall Robyn saying that Solomon was a family name. I think that Meri feels that it wold seem ungrateful to say "thanks, but no thanks" to the surrogacy. But if she wanted to she'd have delightedly agreed immediately.

I was reading on SWB about the customer that went to the ATM & didn't come back. Well, the poor woman did come back and bought that extremely overpriced necklace for her friend for Christmas. Robyn flat out lied & she can't blame that on editing. If you want to read the lady's comment you can go to www.sisterwivesblog.blogspot.com Not breaking link cause they like the traffic and won't care.

AnonymousJuly 22, 2013 at 8:03 AM

I just was sad to see it... I was in your last clip and was shown as the excited customer who didn't buy anything... truth is I did come back an hour latter after that and did buy the necklace for my best friend for christmas. You all signed a card for me and everything. The experience for me was fun and my made my friend feel special. Unfortunately, last night put a sour twist to the fun of it all. I came to the expo not to shop just look around so I really didn't have any money on me. I know that you can make whatever out of the clips you all take, I knew it when I signed the paper, I just didn't take you all as... well harshly put liars. Wish I bought her something else because now I'm on TV as a liar saying "I'll be back" to save face. Thanks for that.

The previous link goes only to the blog as a whole.

I'm going to start a drinking game for every time we see Robyn or one of the sisterwives cry.

Then again, I don't think that's a good idea since I would end up PLASTERED before the episode is done.

Anyways..

Robyn annoys the hell out of me. Yeah, she's sweet but I'm tired of her "whoa is me" crap and creating drama around herself for no apparent reason.

I don't understand the need for all the sisterwives to be part of the jewelry line. It was obvious that Janelle and Christine were not into it. Even then, why the hell would they put up a picture of them with Kody at the expo?! This is their jewelry line, not his line.

This family annoys the hell out of me. They create drama for the cameras to gain sympathy points with viewers.

The previous link goes only to the blog as a whole.

Woops :embarrassed: Thanks

I don't get these jokers at all. I'm not even going to go into the whole Robin storyline, that just seems made up for the cameras. I don't think they actually like her or each other very much anymore.

I don't think that Janelle or Christine ever liked her. They've just stopped trying to even pretend to make an effort.

Janelle is not an idiot, and she has no patience for drama. Seeing a sister wife cry in order to get her way just pisses her off. She's level-headed enough to say, "this is not a viable business, I need to feed my kids, I'm going to focus on my own career."

Where they screwed up on the jewelry was the price point. By calling it Sister Wives Closet, they are trying to capitalize on the "fame" and the fact that they are polygamists. But no one is really going to buy something that advertises/symbolizes polygamy except fans of the show. And fans of the show are not going to shell out $200 bucks for a single piece of jewelry. Fans want a little piece of the show. Their prices should have been under 50 bucks, but more in the $15-$25 range. And they should have more kitschy stuff, this "fine jewelry" thing is too subtle. I took a look at the site again and there is an apron, but it has a lame "Sister Wives Closet" logo.

What I would love see is a line of coffee mugs (hot chocolate only!) or pint glasses ("For your wet bar"). Each cup would have a giant face of one of the adult family members plastered on it. At $10 a glass, you could buy one or collect all five!

Meri uses the fact that she only has one child as a tool to manipulate the rest of the family. Whenever they talk about dividing their resources, the fact that Meri only has one child comes up, so should therefore get less resources. Then Meri starts sobbing about how she wanted more children, its not her fault she doesn't have more children, etc, etc. Then Christine and Kody cave and Janelle fumes, and they end up dividing everything by four between the wives. It annoys the hell out of me. There are 21 people in the family (excluding Kody) and two people (Meri and Mariah) are getting a quarter of the financial resources. The other teenagers must see that (and I think Janelle even said, my kids want to know why we have to struggle while Meris get a big house all to herself. I think that was in reference to renting the four houses.). It shows how favored Meri is. Maybe that's why Janelle's daughter is so adamant she won't be a polygamist.

I don't think it was Robyn's intent at all, but by offering to carry Meri's baby, she is calling Meri on the manipulation. So you want more kids? Here is your chance. I guarantee she doesn't take it.

This show is just sad. Its so obvious the women don't want to do polygamy and are really emotionally unhappy. The only one who seems comfortable with polygamy is Christine (outside her issues with Robyn who I don't like anyways)

Meri uses the fact that she only has one child as a tool to manipulate the rest of the family. Whenever they talk about dividing their resources, the fact that Meri only has one child comes up, so should therefore get less resources. Then Meri starts sobbing about how she wanted more children, its not her fault she doesn't have more children, etc, etc. Then Christine and Kody cave and Janelle fumes, and they end up dividing everything by four between the wives. It annoys the hell out of me. There are 21 people in the family (excluding Kody) and two people (Meri and Mariah) are getting a quarter of the financial resources. The other teenagers must see that (and I think Janelle even said, my kids want to know why we have to struggle while Meris get a big house all to herself. I think that was in reference to renting the four houses.). It shows how favored Meri is. Maybe that's why Janelle's daughter is so adamant she won't be a polygamist.

I don't think it was Robyn's intent at all, but by offering to carry Meri's baby, she is calling Meri on the manipulation. So you want more kids? Here is your chance. I guarantee she doesn't take it.

Totally. What bugs me is that they say that they divide the resources into four parts to make it "fair." However, that's acting as if only the wives count ... what about the children? Perhaps you should divide the resources into 17 parts; this way, each child gets an equal share of the resources, instead of each wife. It's not "favoring" the wife with more children; it's dividing things fairly for the kids.

I DVR'd the episode last night and haven't finished watching it but I have two comments thus far:

1. They have seriously horrendous contractors/builders. EVERY SINGLE HOUSE had some major error in the building Meri had a door where a wall was supposed to be. Christine had a whole extra room. One of the houses had an extra window. I forget what was wrong with the fourth. They should sue or negotiate some costs.

2. Who was watching the kids while all the adults were at the expo? (Or was Kody not at the expo?)

I DVR'd the episode last night and haven't finished watching it but I have two comments thus far:

1. They have seriously horrendous contractors/builders. EVERY SINGLE HOUSE had some major error in the building Meri had a door where a wall was supposed to be. Christine had a whole extra room. One of the houses had an extra window. I forget what was wrong with the fourth. They should sue or negotiate some costs.

2. Who was watching the kids while all the adults were at the expo? (Or was Kody not at the expo?)

I'm guessing Meri will claim Christine's extra room as her own....for pastries.

I don't think that Janelle or Christine ever liked her. They've just stopped trying to even pretend to make an effort.

Janelle is not an idiot, and she has no patience for drama. Seeing a sister wife cry in order to get her way just pisses her off. She's level-headed enough to say, "this is not a viable business, I need to feed my kids, I'm going to focus on my own career."

I agree. And I think Christine is starting to develop a backbone--yeah, she wanted to be the third ditzy wife and stay home with the kids, but after she was supplanted by Robin, she worked really hard and studied so that she could work in real estate (unlike Robyn, who doesn't seem to have studied anything--about business or jewelry--just thinks whatever pops into her head will sell if the other wives just hawk it hard enough). Janelle and Christine watch Robyn and Meri get the bulk of the resources, and of Kody's attention and affection, while they slog away to support and raise 12 kids--and then they get shit because they should be devoting all their time and energy to hawking crap jewelry? I think they may be close to the breaking point, and I am another who would love to see them break away and support each other in a new life without the other 3 bozos.

I think dividing resources four ways is extremely twisted. Maybe give each wife the same amount for herself and the prorate for the children above that base.

I'd have been livid with a builder making that many mistakes. Did I hear him say that there would be a charge for correcting his mistake with the window? I don't think so if he worked for me.

I wonder if TLC paid for the contractors to make mistakes for added drama.

The jewelry website is a hot mess. The layout is painful and the text is not matching up. They now have cheep stuff. But it looks cheep. Most people dont wants to buy jewelry that looks cheep. Why not cast some of their more expensive pieces in a less expensive metal?

Okay, I was just watching Watch What Happens Live. Andy showed several thongs that are for sale on the Bravo website. One says "Real Housewives" on it, one has an orange on it (for Orange County), and one says "Mazel". All in Swarovski crystals.

I think we have a new idea for Sister Wives Closet! Sister Wives thongs! Meri's can have a tear drop, since she's always boo-hooing, Janelle's can have a dollar sign, since she is the only one with any financial sense, Christine's can have a flame, because she enjoys keeping the home fire's burning, and Robyn's can have a cold sore. All in Swarovski crystals.

Edited to add: I forgot Kody's. His would just have large holes in it, so your pubes could stick out wildly, in homage to his hair.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived