IGNORED

Sister wives coming back?

Eternalbluepearl

I just watched the first episode. Maybe I'm a meanie, but honestly, what did they think was going to happen under that banner at the St. George expo? Did they really think "Sisterwife" would mean "best buddy" there? Furthermore, does it mean "best buddy" anywhere? I can't imagine women are calling their friends that now, as Robyn claimed, but maybe they are.

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only in the following situation:

Girl 1: I want to marry Ryan Gosling.

Girl 2: No, I wanna marry Ryan Gosling!

Girl 3: We can all marry him and be sister wives.

All: Yay!

I watched the episode. Janelle and Christine seemed really annoyed and fed up with My Sister Wife's Closet. Kody called it a "hobby business" and said it wasn't going to be a big source of income for the family. It took them this long to figure that one out? Janelle said she is going to focus on her real estate business, but honestly, who is going hire them to be their realtor? What they need is a business that DOESN'T trade on their "fame"/polygamy. Something where they are in the background and no one will know who is running it. This is what successful polygamist businesspeople do (and judging by the houses in Centennial Park, there seem to be a lot of those). Like a franchise or something. Maybe one of those crime scene clean-up companies.

I just watched the first episode. Maybe I'm a meanie, but honestly, what did they think was going to happen under that banner at the St. George expo? Did they really think "Sisterwife" would mean "best buddy" there? Furthermore, does it mean "best buddy" anywhere? I can't imagine women are calling their friends that now, as Robyn claimed, but maybe they are.

Sadly? I think they are that stupid that the did think that. But yeah - I would never in a zillion years think "Sisterwife" meant "Best Friend" and it doesn't to them either - with MAYBE the exception of Meri and Robyn...

I just watched the episode and I am trying so desperately to remember why I found the show fascinating at first. Because I just wanted to gouge my eyes out the entire time.

I have wondered quite a bit how much the Browns make from TLC. I think it might be in the same range as the Duggars, Caputos, and HBB family. I also get the feeling that Kody handles most of the money. I remember a Las Vegas Fjer said something about the Sister Wives promoting some kind of vitamin supplement business around the city.

I'm thinking they make about 4 McMansions.

I watched the episode. Janelle and Christine seemed really annoyed and fed up with My Sister Wife's Closet. Kody called it a "hobby business" and said it wasn't going to be a big source of income for the family. It took them this long to figure that one out? Janelle said she is going to focus on her real estate business, but honestly, who is going hire them to be their realtor? What they need is a business that DOESN'T trade on their "fame"/polygamy. Something where they are in the background and no one will know who is running it. This is what successful polygamist businesspeople do (and judging by the houses in Centennial Park, there seem to be a lot of those). Like a franchise or something. Maybe one of those crime scene clean-up companies.

I think that would require actual work, not to mention they'd have to work together in some sort of functional way.

Only in the following situation:

Girl 1: I want to marry Ryan Gosling.

Girl 2: No, I wanna marry Ryan Gosling!

Girl 3: We can all marry him and be sister wives.

All: Yay!

I totally agree with you. :lol: :D

I think this show would be more interesting in a few years when the older kids start marrying.I'm really interested in seeing who, and how many their spouses will be.

Right now Meri just needs to tell them all she's not taking Robyns offer of surrogacy, and likely won't try in-vitro either, and Jenelle and Christine should ban together more(but not in a puky-sweet way, like Meri and Robyn).Also-Kody needs a real job.IMO

I finally watched the episode. Robyn sure is delusional, isn't she? Ugly jewelry, and she's shown no interest in studying design or learning anything about jewelry. Then they go to a place where "sisterwives" are loathed and market their stuff as sisterwives. And Robyn gives these long spiels about what these ugly pieces of jewelry signify FOR HER and is suprised that nobody wants them. News flash. People want jewelry that is 1) attractive, and/or 2) has meaning for them, not for some random stranger.

Then she is upset because the only two wives with any sense (and I'm starting to think Christine has better instincts than I thought) aren't devoting themselves heart and soul to this "family" business.

This family is a train wreck, and I wouldn't be surprised if we get to watch the unraveling this season.

The episode is free right now on itunes. OH my gosh why do they think we want to hear Meri whine anymore about the baby offer from Robyn? Meri clearly does not want another baby. And I don't want to hear her talk about it anymore.

I like the kids, but I didn't enjoy hearing them whine about their rental homes. Those houses are nice and they are acting like spoiled brats.

I love seeing Christine and Janelle get so irritated about the jewelry business. Other than that it was pretty boring.

There's no market for sister wives jewelry, especially such expensive stuff. That whole business idea was stupid.

The episode is free right now on itunes. OH my gosh why do they think we want to hear Meri whine anymore about the baby offer from Robyn? Meri clearly does not want another baby. And I don't want to hear her talk about it anymore.

I like the kids, but I didn't enjoy hearing them whine about their rental homes. Those houses are nice and they are acting like spoiled brats.

I love seeing Christine and Janelle get so irritated about the jewelry business. Other than that it was pretty boring.

I would be irritated too. Christine wanted to open a gym. That business would have stood a greater chance at brining in money. Kody ignored that and went for what his favorite wife wanted. He ignored the fact that the family needs a stable source of income. Christine is the only wife who seems to understand money.

Perhaps you mean Janelle instead of Christine?

I was impressed that both Janelle and Christine said they want to work on their real estate career. It seems like they actually want to work.

I don't get why Robyn thinks they need to ALL be doing this jewelry business full time to save their family or whatever it was she said. It might save their family if they all DON'T work together!

Perhaps you mean Janelle instead of Christine?

You are right. I have not watched the show in a while. I do think that Janelle and Christine work together to make sure their kids have the basics.

I agree Janelle and Christine appear to make a good team. I'd like to see them dump the other three adults and move forward.

One other thing I noticed: Meri and Robyn are totally into the jewelry business. Janelle and Christine want to focus on real estate instead. Kody? Umm, well, we know he doesn't want to do the jewelry business, but of course we don't hear him saying he's going to do anything else either!

I don't get why Robyn thinks they need to ALL be doing this jewelry business full time to save their family or whatever it was she said. It might save their family if they all DON'T work together!

The jewelry business seems to be Robyn's baby, but she has proven in the past that she doesn't know squat about how to plan ahead or work for something. She needs the others to be involved because she needs them to either to make it work or have someone to blame if(when) it crashes and burns.

I just got through the first episode. TLC has no business making one hour shows about these people. They are way too dull and repetitive.

All I have to say is, WTF about trying to sell their personally meaningful polygamy inspired jewelry to housewives in Utah who are suspicious to the point of hatefulness over polygamists.

And damn, those houses are massive. Meri better take Robin up on the surrogate story line because they need to keep the show going just to pay for all that air conditioning.

Somebody needs to be with Meri to make it worthwhile to heat and cool that place. Mariah is heading back to Utah for college isn't she? Can you imagine rattling around in that house all by yourself? Another huge case of what were they thinking?

I love in the preview when Kody tells one of his wives, "you're creating drama that doesn't exist," I want to yell "isn't that the entire premise of your show?! Isn't that why you moved to Las Vegas?!" It just makes me so mad. It seemed in the beginning like the family, though odd and a bit dysfunctional, had it all figured out and were living happily in relative harmony. Ten they bring Robyn in, along with the TLC cameras, then they're losing their jobs, moving across state lines (which it's rumored they didn't have to- they knew Utah probably wouldn't press charges on them), and living in separate houses. They've ruined their family culture and their children's lives ALL to create tv drama. It's sickening.

Oh, and Robyn, stop trying to make "sisterwife" happen. It's not going to happen!

I'm not surprised Christine is unsupportive and upset over my sisterwives' closet. Wasn't her storyline last season to study for and pass the real estate exam? She's probably itching to use her license and make some money for herself, not sit around watching Robyn's lackluster overpriced hobby fail. Jenelle and Christine are completely over that business. They seemed almost gleeful when the sales were abysmal at the expo. There seem to be two clear teams in this family, and Kody does absolutely nothing to try to resolve it. They bicker over the business (Jenelle/Christine vs Meri/Robyn) and then says, "This is giving me a headache. These women need to get it together." He seems to be siding with Robyn/Meri by coaxing the other wives to avoid persuing real estate and focus on the business. At the same time, he is very negative about the business. I can't stand him.

I think the decision to include Kody in the banner photo was a huge mistake. If it's supposed to be about relationships between close women (not sister wives per say), they why is he included in their picture? It implies he is crucial to the relationship between them.

For the youngest (?) child, Solomon, they had a birthday where they read off wishes for Solomon as he grows up. I thought it was a sort of sweet time-capsule video thing for him, but Robyn read one wishing "that Solomon will find his true love/s/ and spend his life with them", really emphasizing the plural. It reminded me of people denying that someone's gay and saying something like "Oh, one day Annie's going to find herself a /man/ and settle down," or maybe I'm listening into it too hard.

Haven't the adults talked about not pressuring the kids into polygamy, or did they have that conversation when it was just three sister wives?

And they rented a booth, traveled four hours round-trip, and probably had a hotel room or three to sell only *19* pieces of jewelry over multiple days? Holy hell, no wonder half of them are reconsidering going back to real estate. Something's got to change there to make it more successful (pricing, marketing, etc)

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived