IGNORED

Sister wives coming back?

Eternalbluepearl

was anyone else annoyed how Kody was able to talk his wife into believing that SHE was wrong for wanting to put her feelings out there and telling him how she felt about the relationship during the couples "retreat" vacation thing, and then SHE ended up apologizing for it...this man takes zero responsibility for his insensitive actions but hey, amazing manipulation there, Kody...unless his wives have learned to just shut up and roll with it...I don't know what to think.

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It doesn't bother me that much; I think the polygamist community is relatively small and isolated (along with most of the Utah/Wyoming/Nevada area :P ) so it makes sense that people end up marrying distant cousins/family friends. I'm more disturbed by Kody's obvious favoritism towards Robyn and Meri. Meri is a grade-A grump, and I get that her life is really difficult and all, but she is intolerable. Poor Christine...Janelle is emotionally stable enough to survive in a circus like the Brown family, but Christine is super sensitive and definitely NOT getting her needs met. :( Also, side note...Christine's daughters are gorgeous!! Aspyn especially!

Not just distant cousins and family friends intermarry. Read up on FLDS intermarriage, first cousins, half brother and sister, other close permutations are not uncommon. A genetic disease called fumarase deficiency is particular to fundamental Mormons and causes birth defects. Many of these marriages are under compulsion. Not as innocent as it may seem.

Not just distant cousins and family friends intermarry. Read up on FLDS intermarriage, first cousins, half brother and sister, other close permutations are not uncommon. A genetic disease called fumarase deficiency is particular to fundamental Mormons and causes birth defects. Many of these marriages are under compulsion. Not as innocent as it may seem.

Oh yeah, that's obviously disturbing and wrong. But the Browns don't consider themselves part of the FLDS and I don't believe their families are part of the braids-and-arranged-marriages branch of Mormonism, so that doesn't necessarily apply to their immediate families (although I'm sure it did a few generations back).

In the "all about Christine" episode did anyone notice that she said she drinks wine? It was when they were talking about Truly's dehydration incident. At the end, Christine said that she was going to have Truly in her room tonight and that they would watch movies while Christine had her wine and Truly had her chocolate milk. I listened to it 3 times and even got the hubby to listen. I'm pretty sure she said wine.

I thought they made it clear during the whole wetbar thing that they don't drink?

And what was up with Meri and her mean mugging? She looked hostile and disengaged. Downright mean. Probably still suffering over the loss of her meaningless legal marriage.

Meri also had a look of I don't want to be here on the last show. Also she looked like she was really pissst off at someone.

In the "all about Christine" episode did anyone notice that she said she drinks wine? It was when they were talking about Truly's dehydration incident. At the end, Christine said that she was going to have Truly in her room tonight and that they would watch movies while Christine had her wine and Truly had her chocolate milk. I listened to it 3 times and even got the hubby to listen. I'm pretty sure she said wine.

I thought they made it clear during the whole wetbar thing that they don't drink?

Kody also made a point that he didn't drink when he was out at some bar with his brothers and one or two of them were having beers.

However, I'm pretty sure that one or two of the wives have admitted they drink. Didn't they all try some exotic drink containing alcohol during a girls' night out?

At this point I'd be more surprised if they don't imbibe.

Kody also made a point that he didn't drink when he was out at some bar with his brothers and one or two of them were having beers.

However, I'm pretty sure that one or two of the wives have admitted they drink. Didn't they all try some exotic drink containing alcohol during a girls' night out?

At this point I'd be more surprised if they don't imbibe.

I think I'm more surprised that she mentioned it than I am that she drinks.

I have noticed them drinking and talking about it a few times. I have also noticed that the Browns drink coffee. The Fundamentalist Mormons don't follow the Word of Wisdom (which forbids coffee, tea and alcohol) because it wasn't in place when their group split from the church over polygamy.

A few years ago I read an account of a group (wagon train) that traveled to Salt Lake City from Iowa during the 1870's. It had a list of what supplies were suggested and could be bought in a bundle from the LDS Church store and coffee and liquor were on the list.

I am guessing Kody doesn't drink because he grew up in the mainstream LDS church.

I have noticed them drinking and talking about it a few times. I have also noticed that the Browns drink coffee. The Fundamentalist Mormons don't follow the Word of Wisdom (which forbids coffee, tea and alcohol) because it wasn't in place when their group split from the church over polygamy.

A few years ago I read an account of a group (wagon train) that traveled to Salt Lake City from Iowa during the 1870's. It had a list of what supplies were suggested and could be bought in a bundle from the LDS Church store and coffee and liquor were on the list.

I am guessing Kody doesn't drink because he grew up in the mainstream LDS church.

As effed up as they are, I do love the fact that there are fundamentalists who so fundamentalist that drinking alcohol is okay. Swallow some of that with your grape juice, Pa Keller.

Wow that adoption reveal was...odd. I mean, Aurora being so happy was very sweet. But the other two children did not look all that happy about it. And I thought Kody was only kind of joking with the way he sarcastically said "don't get too excited about it." Normally I would have taken it as a joke but something about his tone and also knowing the kids were forced to call him dad made me doubt that a little.

UGH Kody called his wife a crybaby. Is he for real?

I hate the way he ignores all his wives feelings.

Man I really wanted their boat to sink. But at least they had trouble getting across.

Why did Kody's team not seem to have any kids helping with the boat? Wasn't that the point?

Janelle needs to become the boss of that clusterfuck. Kody mocks the wives for "pms" but he's the real drama queen.

UGH Kody called his wife a crybaby. Is he for real?

I hate the way he ignores all his wives feelings.

Man I really wanted their boat to sink. But at least they had trouble getting across.

Why did Kody's team not seem to have any kids helping with the boat? Wasn't that the point?

Janelle needs to become the boss of that clusterfuck. Kody mocks the wives for "pms" but he's the real drama queen.

I really got a clear understanding of what a controlling freak that man is after tonight. These women need to RUN.

I just don't get how manipulative he is. His wives have concerns/feelings about something. They confront him. Somehow he ends up getting THEM to apologize to HIM, instead of him owning up to it. I know I've said this earlier but I just can't get it into the old noggin

I found the last episode very frustrating. Kody refused to take input from his wives, or at least it was edited that way, and Christine kept saying there was no point in arguing with him because he will get his way in the end. :wtf:

Oh yeah, that's obviously disturbing and wrong. But the Browns don't consider themselves part of the FLDS and I don't believe their families are part of the braids-and-arranged-marriages branch of Mormonism, so that doesn't necessarily apply to their immediate families (although I'm sure it did a few generations back).

No the Browns are not in Warren Jeff's cult but their AUB church is fundamentalist Mormon, Kdouche talked about it in a recent episode. Still too many marriage relationships that are too close, although the brides are not underage.

Agreed, Kody is a tool. So apparently Meri admitted to having an emotional affair with a man ("Sam") online who turned out to be a woman who was purposefully pranking her??? What a mess! I feel kind of bad for Meri, even though I can't stand her. How embarrassing....and the whole world knows. :( I wonder how Kody's massive ego is dealing with it? Allegedly the woman had voicemails and messages from Meri that said she was going to leave her family and start a new life with Sam. Really speaks for how happy and functional the Brown family really is, right? :penguin-no:

I swear, Christine and Meri need to get out now. They're both obviously miserable. Robyn and Kody are a match made in dimwitted-egotism heaven, and Janelle actually seems reasonably happy with Kody and their arrangement currently. Although she could do much better.

That is sad. She always seems so miserable. I figured she was just staying until her daughter finally graduated.

That is sad. She always seems so miserable. I figured she was just staying until her daughter finally great aduated.

As odd as this family is, at least the kids are getting a real education and seem to have free will choices of what to do after graduation like going to an accredited college.

I was so sad for Robyn's kids, they found out their bio dad didn't want them as his kids anymore while being filmed for TV. He may have been absent from their lives, but man it's a complicated situation for kids.

I found the last episode very frustrating. Kody refused to take input from his wives, or at least it was edited that way, and Christine kept saying there was no point in arguing with him because he will get his way in the end. :wtf:

Ugh. Seriously. That episode was a train wreck. I watched it on YouTube as I was getting ready for work this morning, and could barely stomach having it on in the background. I don't know how ANYONE can like Kody, he clearly has no regard for his wive's feelings. And he's gotten more and more forthright about that. You'd think that watching yourself on TV would make you reflect on your actions a bit more.

I also kept noticing Meri was on her phone a lot, and avoiding a lot of the family activities. Last week (I think? I can't remember, this season is a blur already) when Janelle came over looking to patch things up with Meri, she wouldn't even put the phone down to look at her. It made me wonder if she was talking to the Catfisher. That episode was filmed around April, so that would fit with the timeline. Poor Meri has to be incredibly embarrassed. I'm sure Kody and the other Kodettes are being awful to her. Girl, get out! Now's your chance!

I'm a long-time lurker, and "liker", this is my first post. I just listened to the supposed voicemails from Meri to "Sam", who according to InTouch is NOT a woman, but a man, and all I can say is "wow"! It does sound like her voice, but I was surprised at her using the "F" word! :shock:

http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/sist ... fish-72956

Hope it's ok to share this link!

Can't wait to hear y'alls thoughts/comments/snarkishness.

I'm a long-time lurker, and "liker", this is my first post. I just listened to the supposed voicemails from Meri to "Sam", who according to InTouch is NOT a woman, but a man, and all I can say is "wow"! It does sound like her voice, but I was surprised at her using the "F" word! :shock:

Oh my goddddd. How are the Browns going to keep up the "we're so happy and we love each other" charade when Meri spilled the beans about being miserable TO A TOTAL STRANGER???? Wonder if the show will address this...?

Ugh. Seriously. That episode was a train wreck. I watched it on YouTube as I was getting ready for work this morning, and could barely stomach having it on in the background. I don't know how ANYONE can like Kody, he clearly has no regard for his wive's feelings. And he's gotten more and more forthright about that. You'd think that watching yourself on TV would make you reflect on your actions a bit more.

I also kept noticing Meri was on her phone a lot, and avoiding a lot of the family activities. Last week (I think? I can't remember, this season is a blur already) when Janelle came over looking to patch things up with Meri, she wouldn't even put the phone down to look at her. It made me wonder if she was talking to the Catfisher. That episode was filmed around April, so that would fit with the timeline. Poor Meri has to be incredibly embarrassed. I'm sure Kody and the other Kodettes are being awful to her. Girl, get out! Now's your chance!

In the "All About Christine" episode, Meri was so tuned out and seemed incredibly distracted during the couch scenes. I speculate that these scenes might have been filmed in the midst of her emotional affair. :|

I feel bad for Meri after listening to the voicemails. She really thought she found a loving relationship. I can only imagine how low her self esteem is now. She might just sink into depression and never leave her unhealthy lifestyle with Kody.

Wow! Is there any doubt that this is Meri? It really sounds like her!

I never really liked her on the show, she always appeared selfish to me. After listening to this I feel really bad for her, she sounds miserable and a bit desperate.

Does anyone remember in the first season how she tried to put Kody in her shoes (with getting a new wife) and asked him how he'd feel if she was with another man? Ko-douche was disgusted that she even asked him that... I have a hard time seeing him getting over this emotional affair.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived