IGNORED

Sister wives coming back?

Eternalbluepearl

I actually think there must have been something really wrong for Robyn to leave. She doesn't seem the type otherwise. She doesn't seem particularly independent or able to function on her own very well.

She seems like a fairly damaged woman (but not "damaged goods"!--I hate that term and it's sad she felt that way about herself), and she does seem very happy and relieved with her new situation.

I liked seeing Kody and Janelle together, but wow, I hated it when he was talking about how being romantic with her can be awkward.

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply
During the episode where they visited colleges with Mariah, did anyone else notice the scene where they were trying to get Mariah to visit the school where Logan goes, Kody says something about Mariah not wearing that sweatshirt for the visit.

Mariah was wearing a sweatshirt from the college in Utah she just visited. Kody thought it was inappropriate to wear and in the end she did not go on the visit.

Oh I didn't realize that was their high school, that makes sense.

Another observation:

When they are doing the walk through with meri, the real estate agent says "all of those documents that you just sent in need to be reviewed". A few episodes before that Janelle and Christine talk about having their documents in and that robin and meri didn't yet. So Meri thinks she can submit them a week before Christmas and be in the house that week. It's 100% her fault that she's not in the house. Seriously, what does she do all day, how hard is it to get your paperwork in on time?

Also when kody and Janelle are buying the bed they say it will be their Christmas, 20th anniversary, and birthday gifts for the year. Meri goes to Mexico for her 20th anniversary and Janelle gets a third of a bed.

Also when kody and Janelle are buying the bed they say it will be their Christmas, 20th anniversary, and birthday gifts for the year. Meri goes to Mexico for her 20th anniversary and Janelle gets a third of a bed.

I thought that too but then I realized that this is probably Janelle's practicalness. Janelle probably wouldn't spend the money to go to Mexico right now (when money was tight because of moving) and she needed a bed.

I thought that too but then I realized that this is probably Janelle's practicalness. Janelle probably wouldn't spend the money to go to Mexico right now (when money was tight because of moving) and she needed a bed.

Oh I totally agree it was probably Janelle's idea, I would do the same thing in her situation. I guess my point was that it's just another example of Meri being selfish. Money wasn't exactly free flowing when they went to Mexico for her anniversary.

I am sure that TLC paid for Meri's trip to Mexico and Robyn's honeymoon...but they wouldn't be able to do that now if we are to believe that they are poor and struggling to make ends meet. However they need to get off twitter if they want to keep up this charade; their trips to Disneyland and Mariah's summer in Europe are well documented there. :wtf:

I am sure that TLC paid for Meri's trip to Mexico and Robyn's honeymoon...but they wouldn't be able to do that now if we are to believe that they are poor and struggling to make ends meet. However they need to get off twitter if they want to keep up this charade; their trips to Disneyland and Mariah's summer in Europe are well documented there. :wtf:

Thank you, I was just going to post this. I think that's why this season isn't interesting to me. They've tweeted every damn thing, so there are no surprises for me since I've read their tweets. And I read over at SWB, so I've seen all the pics of moving in the houses and the Xmas photos in the houses - which look cheaply made in my opinion- so I've seen the spoilers and this just feels like a tear filled and whiny re-enactment. BTW why can't someone put some tissues on the damn couch when they're doing the group thing? I'm tired of seeing them constantly having to wipe their eyes with their hands. These are the Brown women, and they should know tears will be involved in every couch session. :roll:

I don't follow them on twitter, but why did Mariah get to go to Europe?

I don't follow them on twitter, but why did Mariah get to go to Europe?

Graduation gift I think. Aspyn was supposed to go, but didn't for some reason I can't recall right now.

What does everything think of the preview with Robyn's Christmas gift to Kody? Could it be a baby bib or something announcing that she is pg? I guess not since due to the time delay, she'd be ready to deliver now, right?

I cannot understand all the fuss and disappointment on Mariah and Meri's part. Good grief, the houses are huge...move in with another SW until you can get in yours. Or stay in your rental, which is a nicer house than most people will ever live in! They act like they'd be spending Christmas in the streets if they don't get in these houses!

What does everything think of the preview with Robyn's Christmas gift to Kody? Could it be a baby bib or something announcing that she is pg? I guess not since due to the time delay, she'd be ready to deliver now, right?

I cannot understand all the fuss and disappointment on Mariah and Meri's part. Good grief, the houses are huge...move in with another SW until you can get in yours. Or stay in your rental, which is a nicer house than most people will ever live in! They act like they'd be spending Christmas in the streets if they don't get in these houses!

I read:

That she legally changed her last name to Brown. :roll:

Her Xmas surprise is that she went to a lawyer and had her name legally changed to Brown. yay ;)

ETA Whoops! Cross posted.

According to a spoiler on the Sister Wives' Blog, the surprise is a document showing that she legally changed her name to Brown. :roll:

She actually said in the episode what she was doing so I don't know why they are trying to act like it is some surprise for the audience. She says at her rental that she is changing her name so she can buy the house with the last name of Brown and is going to wrap it up and give it to Kody for xmas

She actually said in the episode what she was doing so I don't know why they are trying to act like it is some surprise for the audience. She says at her rental that she is changing her name so she can buy the house with the last name of Brown and is going to wrap it up and give it to Kody for xmas

See, I would have known that last season cause they kept my attention focused on the screen - Meri: I am NOT having a sliding door!- this season I'm just trying not to fall asleep. :wink-kitty:

It's odd though because the property is listed under Sullivan. She probably had to go through the deal with Sullivan because that's what was on all the paperwork for the house and she couldn't change it last minute and still have the loan/purchase go through.

I know I've said this before, but these houses are ridiculously massive. The property records say that Meri's is 5 bed, 3.5 bath, and 4200 sq ft. All for one kid who is living for college this month. Combined they have 20 bedrooms, 14 bathrooms, and 16,952 sq ft for ~$2 million dollars.

Maybe I'm angry because where I live my husband & I could only afford a 2 bedroom shack and we both have good jobs unlike these morons.

I know I've said this before, but these houses are ridiculously massive. The property records say that Meri's is 5 bed, 3.5 bath, and 4200 sq ft. All for one kid who is living for college this month. Combined they have 20 bedrooms, 14 bathrooms, and 16,952 sq ft for ~$2 million dollars.

Maybe I'm angry because where I live my husband & I could only afford a 2 bedroom shack and we both have good jobs unlike these morons.

Jaysus, taking the babies, Logan and the daughters who are moving to dorms out of the equation, that's nearly one bathroom per person.

I can almost visualize the tumbleweeds that will be blowing around that neighborhood in five years. And they did look like crap construction.

Oh thanks for clearing up what was in the Christmas package. I did hear her say she was doing that but somehow I didn't connect the dots.

Jaysus, taking the babies, Logan and the daughters who are moving to dorms out of the equation, that's nearly one bathroom per person.

I can almost visualize the tumbleweeds that will be blowing around that neighborhood in five years. And they did look like crap construction.

That's also 20 bedrooms for 21 people (Kody presumably will be in the bedroom of each wife--unless he has his own room in each house?) including the kids will be away at school most of the year. Ridiculous.

Somebody fill me in....why don't they all live in one big house? Each wife could have her own suite of rooms to include a small living room, small kitchenette, etc. Did Kody ever explain why they live in separate homes?

But therein lies the difference. They can NOT afford these McMansions and so won't have them much longer after the TLC money dries up. Our house isn't fancy, either, but we'll (barring some unforseen catastrophe that life insurance wouldn't apply to) be able to own it someday. The Browns most likely won't.

But therein lies the difference. They can NOT afford these McMansions and so won't have them much longer after the TLC money dries up. Our house isn't fancy, either, but we'll (barring some unforseen catastrophe that life insurance wouldn't apply to) be able to own it someday. The Browns most likely won't.

Very true point. Rough math puts the mortgages at $12,000 month combined. No way they can afford that after TLC cuts them. I hope they are putting those whole TLC paychecks to the mortgages.

Somebody fill me in....why don't they all live in one big house? Each wife could have her own suite of rooms to include a small living room, small kitchenette, etc. Did Kody ever explain why they live in separate homes?

I doubt that there is any zoning laws that would permit that kind of house. I also doubt they could get any kind of mortgage to pay for such a house. Besides, where would be the drama in that?

It's been said that the builder has given them interest only loans for three years. The expectation by the viewers is that the show will be dead by then and they'll lose the houses. It's just another joy ride to nowhere that Kody and his harem are taking the kids on.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived