IGNORED

Sister wives coming back?

Eternalbluepearl

My boyfriend jokingly said to me the other day "I'm like Robyn, constantly seeking your approval..." And it reminded me, I haven't heard much about them lately. Is the show coming back?

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Supposedly the show is coming back; just not sure when and TLC hasn't been running any promos.

Yes, they got the houses. Maybe the next season will feature the foreclosures as apparently none of the adults has a job.

Meri decided on no more babies years ago, she just hasn't told Kody because then she loses the woe-is-me infertility emotional blackmail she uses to get what she wants.

I spend too much time on SWB. :embarrassed:

It wouldn't surprise me if TLC owns those houses. Why do we have this fake "reality" shit? Just makes other people feel bad that they can't afford what these other losers seem to be able to afford without jobs.

I can't prove any of this, it's all internet chatter:

They were all in their own separate houses the last I heard.

Meri is holding out on her decision to let Robyn bear her a child because she wants Kody, but doesn't want another child and she knows he'll start ignoring her like he ignores Christine and Janelle now that they're done bearing children/over his crap.

Meri also supposedly has a new best friend that is a stripper. However, if this is true, the 'stripper' is probably someone who's work uniform bears her elbows.

Robyn needs help raising her children and has a sister staying with her. There is some speculation that this sister may eventually become Kody's fifth wife.

The Sister Wives Closet isn't selling it's merchandise very well, not much profit to be gotten from that.

The fitness center that was talked about earlier has fallen through. So no money to be made from that.

Sister Wives has not been officially dropped by TLC, but there has also been no report on when a new season will start. People in the area say that there has not been any filming for quite some time. It's speculated that TLC is either waiting for something interesting to happen or they're dropping the show.

The Dargers, another polygamy family featured on the show, are reportedly having problems. In fact, they recently had their gas shut off. Maybe expecting one man to provide for 25 kids and three wives all by himself isn't such a good idea.

Sources:

sisterwivesblog.blogspot.com/

lovetimesthree.com/will-we-do-another-tv-show/

lovetimesthree.com/what-does-it-all-mean/

The Dargers, another polygamy family featured on the show, are reportedly having problems. In fact, they recently had their gas shut off. Maybe expecting one man to provide for 25 kids and three wives all by himself isn't such a good idea.

If I recall correctly, it happened while or immediatly following a (two week?)vacation with Pa Darger and only one of his wives.

I too enjoy Sistwives Blog!

No! If Kody marries another wife, what will happen to Princess Robyn?! And her own sister no less? I cannot imagine the crying. The endless, endless crying. The sobbing, the wiping away at tears during interviews...

It wouldn't surprise me if TLC owns those houses. Why do we have this fake "reality" shit? Just makes other people feel bad that they can't afford what these other losers seem to be able to afford without jobs.

I know this is a bit off track ITT but shows like Extreme Makeover were almost fraudulent IMO, because they gave families homes they couldn't afford and in most instances, ended up losing for that very reason.

I know this is a bit off track ITT but shows like Extreme Makeover were almost fraudulent IMO, because they gave families homes they couldn't afford and in most instances, ended up losing for that very reason.

No kidding? Did they really lose their homes? That is so incredibly sad. I have PMS, and everything is making me cry today. That is just so heartbreaking. :(

No kidding? Did they really lose their homes? That is so incredibly sad. I have PMS, and everything is making me cry today. That is just so heartbreaking. :(

yea, i would imagine paying for utilities, property taxes, etc. got extremely expensive, even without a mortgage. plus, would the "gift" of the value of the house need to be reported as income on a tax return? probably not something ABC wants viewers at home to really think about too critically

It was getting pretty boring...maybe they will decorate the houses on the season opener.

They got the houses. I drove by them a few weeks ago. My son has a good friend that goes to the same high school as the Brown kids. The houses are in a very nice development. The circle they live in is gated. It made me sick seeing the 4 houses, 27 or 28 bedrooms for 23 people in like the ideal spot and neighborhood when I know many hard working Las Vegas residents that have a hard time getting a small home in a nearby neighborhood.

I did not want to take and post pictures of the gated community. I took pictures in front of the Lehi house because I drove up and down that street to get to a friends house. Driving up to the gated community for a peek seem like enough. They obviously paid big for privacy and I would have never known where they lived if it were not for my son's friend who lives in that area.

I also do not know how they will maintain the costs of the homes, property tax and utilities. Electricty is SO expensive. I live in a co-op area in southern Utah (but basically the same weather) and I pay .02 kwh and in the summer my bill is about $100, winter $50 for a 6 bedroom 3200 sq ft home (but my home is a walkout basement with tons of mature trees for shade and no vaulted ceilings. The rate for power where they live is .16 a khw so if they used the amount I use (and I have a smaller house, less kids) it would cost them $800 a month per house! With the 2 stories and vaulted ceiling and more kids and pools Im sure they will be over 1k a month. The homes property taxes will be close to $500 a month.

Kody has not been able to hang on to a trailer in WY or any other house so I can't still them being able to hold on to this. They seem to be riding the TLC money because they have not been at the same conventions/expos with the sister wives jewelry or the water MLM this year.

I would hope this would be their last season but it seems like if people are willing to watch fake amish on TLC they will watch "fake"(I only say fake because compare Kody to FDLS or the hatgeo series, Kody is not a man of faith to me, just a crazy hair loon making money off a concept) polygamy show.

There has been so much sadness in the world lately that I'm looking forward to the Browns mindlessly entertaining me. That said, I'm expecting a whole season about them moving in. Maybe we'll see them celebrate Christmas in July, and I'll get to howl with laughter as I watch Sobyn's cold sore travel around the family. :lol: Seriously, y'all can't they get some Abreva? :disgust:

I suspect that Sister Wives will be back when the season for either the Little Couple or Supernanny's new show is over.

There has been so much sadness in the world lately that I'm looking forward to the Browns mindlessly entertaining me. That said, I'm expecting a whole season about them moving in. Maybe we'll see them celebrate Christmas in July, and I'll get to howl with laughter as I watch Sobyn's cold sore travel around the family. :lol: Seriously, y'all can't they get some Abreva? :disgust:

YOU KNOW that Robyn doesn't have enough money in her budget for Abreva....Meri has plenty of $$ but she won't share :lol:

The show is slated to come back at the end of July or beginning of August. I know there has been filming here in Southern Utah that has not been shown and filming in Vegas surrounding their "jobs". I know they are no longer able or welcome to tape at the kids public schools (according to the parents I know in the district).

Besides moving which will take up 2-3 episodes(which I do not want to see, I'm not trying to sound jealous but Meri doesn't need 7 bedrooms. Mariah is back in Utah all the time. I bet by the time the show airs she will be living in Utah full time and Meri will be childless with 7 bedrooms!). We will see Logan go off to college. I was shocked he choose UNLV over SUU. I'm sure Kody wants to keep the gang together as much as he can. If the oldest all left for college or returned to Utah, he would be left with Robyn's brats and a few younger shy kids and not much to show. Kody knows the teens help the show success. We will see Meri turn down surrogacy and Robyn try with Kody for another baby.

I find it weird that they decided to stay in Vegas when all their family and friends and church members all live in Utah. Utah decided not to prosecute them so why not move back? Their children are much less likely to be polygamists growing up in Vegas and going to public school.

Is Mariah graduating this spring? If so, I'd imagine she'll be in Utah attending college in the fall. We saw Logan off to college last season didn't we? At the rate the Browns are going, I'd say they no longer need to worry about the kids staying with polygamy, they need to be concerned with the kids staying AUB. It's another case of letting them see Paree. :think:

Is Mariah graduating this spring? If so, I'd imagine she'll be in Utah attending college in the fall. We saw Logan off to college last season didn't we? At the rate the Browns are going, I'd say they no longer need to worry about the kids staying with polygamy, they need to be concerned with the kids staying AUB. It's another case of letting them see Paree. :think:

I think Christine's daugher Aspyn should be graduating high school now as well, and three more are starting their senior years in the fall.

At this rate, it won't be long before Kody has more wives than he does kids.

I just took a look at their jewelry site. Ugh. Completely lives up my expectation of it being feeble. Simplistic designs designed by committee. "Design by Janelle, Robyn, Meri and Christine Brown" Really? It took four of you to come up with this? What, they sketch something out on a piece of paper and send it off to let a real artist/craftsperson do the real work?

I have lots of questions about their move to Vegas. From what I've seen (I've never been there), Vegas looks insufferable. I have been to Utah, and it is beautiful. Although I would never want to live there myself, I can't see why people like the Browns would want to leave, especially since it was their home. Was Kody truly in some kind of legal shit? Or was that all staged?

And if they're building houses from scratch, why aren't they building a multi-plex like their old one in Utah. I mean if I was a polygamist, I would think that would be the ideal structure, separated, but together under one roof. Unlike four single-family dwellings. I mean if you have to live apart, maybe you shouldn't be in a plural marriage in the first place, know what I mean?

It would certainly make more sense to do a house with all of them together, but when do the Browns use much SENSE? Actually, there may be some limitations or codes on the number of unrelated adults living in the same household; many counties and cites have such codes and if he' legally only married to one, the other three wives would be considered unrelated. Not sure how they would figure all that out. Also, a four "unit" house, something like what they had before might be considered a commercial property? Just thoughts, I don't know much about these kind of things.

It would certainly make more sense to do a house with all of them together, but when do the Browns use much SENSE? Actually, there may be some limitations or codes on the number of unrelated adults living in the same household; many counties and cites have such codes and if he' legally only married to one, the other three wives would be considered unrelated. Not sure how they would figure all that out. Also, a four "unit" house, something like what they had before might be considered a commercial property? Just thoughts, I don't know much about these kind of things.

But most places have zoning rules for apartment buildings/duplexes, triplexes or in this case a quadplex. I think part of the reason they didn't do this was because the areas zoned for multiple residence buildings weren't in the right neighborhoods/school districts.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived