IGNORED

Sister wives coming back?

Eternalbluepearl

I read their book and it actually made me fairly sympathetic to Robyn. I think the internet response to her has been unfair. On the other hand, it made me really dislike Meri and see her in a bit of a different light.

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I read their book and it actually made me fairly sympathetic to Robyn. I think the internet response to her has been unfair. On the other hand, it made me really dislike Meri and see her in a bit of a different light.

The book made me really like Janelle. In the first season I didn't really like her, but after reading the book, she is the sister wife I identify with most. I liked Meri in the first season, but after reading the book, I just think she is a major manipulator who is obviously the favorite (or was, until Robyn came along).

I liked Meri up until the houses. Then I saw the light. Up until then she was the one I felt the most sorry for, the one I understood the most as to why she lived this lifestyle. I thought, if she really wanted more children than I can understand why she liked the lifestyle, it meant she got to do the next best thing and be a part of these kid's lives.

Then the houses. 7 bedrooms. SEVEN! For one woman, a daughter who by her own admission is leaving in a year, and twice a week sleepovers with Kody. There is no justification for her selfish insistence on having such a large house. It did, and continues to, blow my mind. It's so selfish. Now I see how manipulative she truly is.

The houses kind of did it for me, but mostly it was trying to wrap my head around the fact they divide things up "equally" among the wives. I keep thinking surely it can't be true. How could they shortchange Janelle & Christine's kids that way? It's just a travesty! And then Meri insisting she got that stupidly large house. Just way too much!!

And why can't someone, anyone, get an actual job? There are 5 adults. Send one out to work so there is a steady income!

The book improved my opinion of Robyn a bit, but I can't get past her jumping in so quickly on how to deal with the teens, her whiny crying that seems manipulative to me, and why Robyn who seems so immature brings them emotional understanding. How dysfunctional were they before that Robyn brings emotional understanding? I think they must have been utterly floundering. Meri and Janelle seemed to barely tolerate each other. If anything was accomplished by bringing in Robyn, it seems it was to give Meri a friend so she could get off Janelle's case.

I slogged through that damn book, and it took me forever because I kept hearing Robyn's whiny voice and picturing the crocodile tears accompanying them and the She-Rah thing just annoyed me. After reading the book and watching the show, I can honestly say I think all the adults suck and the need to get real jobs cause the TLC $ is going to stop eventually. The network didn't do a lot of promoting the new season like they did Honey Boo Boo. That should tell them something. Robyn's house already has a lien on it, and the kids were getting some major tickets because they've been driving without insurance. Why won't they just accept My Sisterwife's Closet aint gonna happen, and get with the program? I'd pay GOOD money to see Kody say something like "You want fries with that?" 8-) After all Janelle did say they would all get three jobs to pay for their houses. I think the others probably heard "Janelle will get three jobs to pay for the houses" I watch for the snark :mrgreen:

Meri's comment about sliding glass doors was the icing on a shit cake for me. Her entitled attitude and complete disregard for any of Janell or Christine's children? Disgusting. The need to spend money when at that point she was doing nothing to contribute to the family's financial well-being (hell, I'm still not sure if she's contributing to the family's financial well-being)? Even more disgusting. Her snotty, "I'm not having a sliding door, Kody." made me want to throw things at the TV. Incidentally, Mr. Wndrland and I now say that to each other as a joke when something is ridiculous.

The book improved my opinion of Robyn a bit, but I can't get past her jumping in so quickly on how to deal with the teens, her whiny crying that seems manipulative to me, and why Robyn who seems so immature brings them emotional understanding. How dysfunctional were they before that Robyn brings emotional understanding? I think they must have been utterly floundering. Meri and Janelle seemed to barely tolerate each other. If anything was accomplished by bringing in Robyn, it seems it was to give Meri a friend so she could get off Janelle's case.

Meri and Robyn are allies in dysfunction. There are really 2 emotional "marriages" in that family - Meri/Robyn and Janelle/Christine. Janelle/Christine basically had a traditional marriage, minus the sex. Janelle worked outside the home and earned money, Christine took care of the kids at home. Sure, sometimes each of them has sex with Kody, but that's not where their attention is. Meri and Robyn are both emotionally needy, both more emotionally reliant on Kody, and both seem to think that everyone else should sacrifice financially to that they can have things to fulfill their emotional needs.

If they can't see things at shows or online, despite the TONS of free publicity via TLC, there is obviously a problem with the business. Some basic market research and a business plan would be in order.

I will never grasp Meri's selfishness. The benefit of plural marriage, is having this huge family and many wives to help eachother, right? They all claim they want the best for the family, but Meri just seems to want what is best for herself. She is so fixated on things being equal amongst the wives, that she forgets about the other children in the family (her children too). In a family, things are not always going to be fair. In a family of that size, I would expect that to be the case even more so. ESPECIALLY, when the family is struggling financially as it is. Each wife should get what they and their children NEED during this time of hardship. Janelle talks about working several jobs just to get food on the table, and Meri is obsessing over wetbars and sliding glass doors.

I feel like plural marriage might work for some, but it does not seem to work for Meri and I find it odd that she is even in this type of relationship.

Then she uses this baby bullshit to get pity. If she really wanted a baby, she would have already tried IVF (as I understand, they have only discussed it) or she would take Robyn up on her offer. She only wants a baby as long as she can use it as an excuse to get what she wants. She is manipulative, and it has certainly affected her daughter, who seems very invested in the idea of her mother having a baby.

I have not read the book, but I might have to try (not sure if I can handle even more BS)

I didn't see anyone cover this, but did anyone catch the scene (I think it was in the upcoming episode part) with Kody and Robyn in what I believe is her new kitchen, where he told her that she was so pretty that she didn't need to know how to cook? I already deleted the episode but I was hoping someone caught that.

I DVR'd the episode last night and haven't finished watching it but I have two comments thus far:

1. They have seriously horrendous contractors/builders. EVERY SINGLE HOUSE had some major error in the building Meri had a door where a wall was supposed to be. Christine had a whole extra room. One of the houses had an extra window. I forget what was wrong with the fourth. They should sue or negotiate some costs.

2. Who was watching the kids while all the adults were at the expo? (Or was Kody not at the expo?)

Kody was at the expo. Meri had some conflict so she was only there for part of the time. I'm guessing the older kids were watching the younger ones.

I don't think, no matter how much Meri wants another child, unless she was seriously desperate and hadn't made herself feel a loooong time ago that Mariah would be her only, shed ever let Robyn of all people, be her surrogate. Just IMO of course!

Also, glasses or anything with one person's pic per one would suck for whoever had the least bought. You KNOW it would turn into a competition in that family!

I didn't see anyone cover this, but did anyone catch the scene (I think it was in the upcoming episode part) with Kody and Robyn in what I believe is her new kitchen, where he told her that she was so pretty that she didn't need to know how to cook? I already deleted the episode but I was hoping someone caught that.

Ugh, I saw that - gross.

Robyn's house already has a lien on it, and the kids were getting some major tickets because they've been driving without insurance. :

Oooh, where did you read this?

What if one of the wives loses her house? I mean, who would want to buy it and live in their gated cul-de-sac family compound with them? Kody might have to find a fifth wife with some bucks to buy it from the bank and live in it.

Kody was at the expo. Meri had some conflict so she was only there for part of the time. I'm guessing the older kids were watching the younger ones.

Robyn's dad came to the show with Solomon for a visit, so he was probably babysitting, although I didn't notice if he had any of the other children with him.

Robyn's dad came to the show with Solomon for a visit, so he was probably babysitting, although I didn't notice if he had any of the other children with him.

He had at least one of Robyn's daughters with him. (The older one, Aurora?)

Oooh, where did you read this?

What if one of the wives loses her house? I mean, who would want to buy it and live in their gated cul-de-sac family compound with them? Kody might have to find a fifth wife with some bucks to buy it from the bank and live in it.

Tlc will bail them out, but only after 3 episodes of crying and whining and hand wringing.

I have to say that it's a toss up as to what is more exciting -- watching paint dry or Sister Wives. I can't stand Kody or any of the wives and their ridiculous 'adventures' are a waste of 45 minutes a week.

Ugh, I saw that - gross.

Very gross. So sensitive toward his other wives. Plus, he obviously isn't planning on doing the cooking 3 times a day in Robyn's house, so does he expect Christine to chip in and feed Robyn's family because Robyn is too pretty to cook? Or would he mind Robyn having other male suitors who would take her and her family out all the time?

Just a reminder to all that I am recapping Sister Wives, season 4 here at Free Jinger under Bloggers Burrow!

http://freejinger.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=18489

Have your comments, observations and snark ready, I'm looking forward to reading your thoughts about the Brown family and their show!

I have the first episode halfway recapped, but so far no one but myself has even viewed the thread! Yikes!!! Makes it kind of hard to get motivated enough to finish! :cry:

Just a reminder to all that I am recapping Sister Wives, season 4 here at Free Jinger under Bloggers Burrow!

http://freejinger.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=18489

Have your comments, observations and snark ready, I'm looking forward to reading your thoughts about the Brown family and their show!

I have the first episode halfway recapped, but so far no one but myself has even viewed the thread! Yikes!!! Makes it kind of hard to get motivated enough to finish! :cry:

I click on the link and it says I'm not authorized to view that forum. That's probably why there are no views. Admin only?

I got the same error.

Make sure to include the part where Kody blames the failure of MSWC on everyone being against them and polygamy. Nevermind that the prices are on par with TIFFANY and their pieces are all polygamy themed. I mean unless I had 3 sisters why would I want the puppy paw charm? The charms are badly designed, over priced crap with only a small niche market but they blame failing because we are religious bigots. :pull-hair:

I click on the link and it says I'm not authorized to view that forum. That's probably why there are no views. Admin only?

Hmmm, any ideas on this, Admins?

So, I don't really watch the show, what is Meri using all those rooms for? Why does she have a wetbar? I thought Mormons don't drink.And are the other kids not allowed at her house?

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived