IGNORED

Dinah Seppi is courting

teachergirl

melodys-notes.blogspot.com/2011/06/hyperbaric-chamber.html

They are health nuts who are into raw food and they bought a hyperbaric chamber a few years ago, but that's just the tip of the iceberg. The Seppis are big-time Rushdoony fans who never miss a John Birch event. David (the dad) is an outspoken critic of public schooling (even though he was a public school teacher for DECADES and now presumably enjoys a tax-payer-funded pension). :angry-banghead:

(Edited to get link right.)

Hah I came here because I also just discovered their blog and was super creeped out by the Regina/Greg pairing, but hey, I don't want to sound horribly mean but she doesn't look like someone who should be too picky in the age/looks department and also, thinking about the Maxwell daughters, I'd rather they find SOMEONE than no one once they get to their late twenties and still haven't left the house. I'm sure for a lot of those fundies the good-looking guys are all snapped up while they're young so it's some slim pickins for the older girls...

OMTS. Robert Downey Jr is about 48. That husband is about his age. I think you know what I have been trying to express.

I hear ya. :)

ETA: I always thought Regina was beautiful. Maybe not the other sisters. She is definitely the beauty of the family by far. She'd look great with a little grooming, too, but I know that's not their bag.

Is Dustin her cousin? I'm pretty sure it's the same Dustin in the pics from her grandmother's (I think - maybe great-grandmother) birthday party. He could have just been there because they are courting, though.

OMTS. Robert Downey Jr is about 48.

Really? Yea! I can now completely abandon myself to the alter of his sexiness without worrying that I'm going after someone old enough to be my child! (I'm 48 or 49, but I am the worlds worst judge of age, so I can never be too sure when I want to lust after a man.) Now, if someone can assure me that John Reese on Person of Interest is lust-worthy I'll appreciate it.

And who is John Birch? I've heard the name, but never looked him up.

Hah I came here because I also just discovered their blog and was super creeped out by the Regina/Greg pairing, but hey, I don't want to sound horribly mean but she doesn't look like someone who should be too picky in the age/looks department and also, thinking about the Maxwell daughters, I'd rather they find SOMEONE than no one once they get to their late twenties and still haven't left the house. I'm sure for a lot of those fundies the good-looking guys are all snapped up while they're young so it's some slim pickins for the older girls...

Wow, really? I think she's beautiful! I guess beauty really is in the eye of the beholder!

John Birch was an American Baptist minister who cofounded the organization. The John Birch Society is an American political advocacy group that supports anti-communism, limited government, a constitutional republic, and personal freedom. It has been described as radical right-wing. (Per Wiki)

For those who want to see the Seppis in action - they appear in the 2009 documentary film "Colony," which looks at the phenomenon of colony collapse disorder and how it's affecting beekeepers in the US.

IMDB link: imdb.com/title/tt1480655/

I've been following the Seppis for a while now. They are related to the famous Von Trapp family and Dinah and another sister attended a Von Trapp wedding in VT last year.

What is even more interesting to me, is that their second daughter Fama married into the uberweird Art Robinson family, perennial Presidential candidate and general crackpot who has had a feud with a university for some time because they won't graduate his children due to lack of academic rigor though he believes they are all geniuses. There was recently another Robinson family wedding and it was featured on the Seppi blog. But Father Art Robinson is nowhere to be seen and wasnt giving his daughter away.

melodys-notes.blogspot.com/2013/03/daniel-jepsen-bethany-robinson-wedding.html

Also on their blog is an earlier and larger wedding of a Robinson where Father Art is in attendance. I'm fascinated by these odd looking people. I know, I'm soooo shallow.

melodys-notes.blogspot.com/2010/05/zachary-robinson-sarah-clipp-wedding.html

Really? Yea! I can now completely abandon myself to the alter of his sexiness without worrying that I'm going after someone old enough to be my child!

Wow, so no matter what I say or how I say it, it's wrong. My 1st husband was a decade and a half older than I am, too. If a teenager is "old enough to be a parent", you've grown up in a culture with very unfortunate views. I'm DONE here explaining myself.

I actually wouldn't find the 30-44 age difference creepy if it were a 30-year-old young professional woman with a history of independent living and worldliness. Fundie daughters always seem to be at least 5-10 years behind their non-fundie peers in terms of having-their-shit-together-ness, so yes, in this case, it's downright predatory.

If Sarah Maxwell were courting a 45 year old, I'd find that very uncomfortable.

Wow, so no matter what I say or how I say it, it's wrong. My 1st husband was a decade and a half older than I am, too. If a teenager is "old enough to be a parent", you've grown up in a culture with very unfortunate views. I'm DONE here explaining myself.

Since the above seems to be directed to me, let me say I have no idea what you're going on about, but kudos for giving up on trying to tell me how to think. I bet we'll both be happier.

If Sarah Maxwell were courting a 45 year old, I'd find that very uncomfortable.

Not as much as she would, poor thing.

My dad's ten years older than my mum, and how it happened they met was this:

My dad left school at 14 but when he was older his work sent him on a training course (for a few weeks) at a college. He met my mum there who was doing an actual college course. So he was quite a bit older than her and that seemed to work out alright.

It's possible, and not automatically weird. Having said that a 40+ year old, even a fundy one, would probably have so much more life experience than a sheltered fundie woman, which makes all the difference.

melodys-notes.blogspot.com/2011/06/hyperbaric-chamber.html

They are health nuts who are into raw food and they bought a hyperbaric chamber a few years ago, but that's just the tip of the iceberg. The Seppis are big-time Rushdoony fans who never miss a John Birch event. David (the dad) is an outspoken critic of public schooling (even though he was a public school teacher for DECADES and now presumably enjoys a tax-payer-funded pension). :angry-banghead:

(Edited to get link right.)

Didn't Michael Jackson sleep in a hyperbaric chamber ? I remember seeing that picture in the tabloids when i was younger but i never found out why.

I've been following the Seppis for a while now. They are related to the famous Von Trapp family and Dinah and another sister attended a Von Trapp wedding in VT last year.

Seriously? I need more info on that! I'm thinking they must be related by marriage, because I don't see how they could be blood related to Georg von Trapp.

melodys-notes.blogspot.com/2009/06/sepulveda-seppi-purcell-vontrapp.html

A cousin of the Seppis-- I believe she is the daughter of David's sister-- married a von Trapp.

I will say this about the Seppis: They don't "call people out" individually the way some Dominionist bloggers do. They will write generally about a topic, like female modesty, but at least they don't accept invitations to weddings and then immediately rush to their blog and tsk-tsk about how immodestly the bride or bridesmaids were attired. I can't tell you how many times I've seen 2 Chicken Breasts do it-- about many, many subjects-- and R.C. Sproul Jr. just went to someone's birthday party and then posted about how patient one had to be when surrounded by drunken, dancing heathens (and coming from him...!). Gee, I thought that was "gossip."

melodys-notes.blogspot.com/2009/06/sepulveda-seppi-purcell-vontrapp.html

A cousin of the Seppis-- I believe she is the daughter of David's sister-- married a von Trapp.

I will say this about the Seppis: They don't "call people out" individually the way some Dominionist bloggers do. They will write generally about a topic, like female modesty, but at least they don't accept invitations to weddings and then immediately rush to their blog and tsk-tsk about how immodestly the bride or bridesmaids were attired. I can't tell you how many times I've seen 2 Chicken Breasts do it-- about many, many subjects-- and R.C. Sproul Jr. just went to someone's birthday party and then posted about how patient one had to be when surrounded by drunken, dancing heathens (and coming from him...!). Gee, I thought that was "gossip."

Agreed. The Seppis may be half a bubble off plumb, but they do seem to mind their own peculiar business. AND, the daughters are allowed to marry, leave home, and move on to lives of their own, whatever those lives may be. Unlike some of the other control-freak families we observe here (I'm lookin' at YOU, Steve Maxwell/Geoff Botkin/Jeff Reins, and anyone else milking the SAHD slave-labor cow for all it's worth).

Archived