IGNORED

Dinah Seppi is courting

teachergirl

According to their FB page, they announced their courtship at church in Sunday....I believe she is 23.....the Seppis have to be the craziest of them all. Read their blog and cringe/laugh/cry:)

Their blog is really difficult to read - too much SOTDRT fail :(

Quick q - Regina is their oldest daughter, I presume? (http://www.blogger.com/profile/14896460454054476730) Besides the fact that any grown-ass woman referring to her father as "Daddy" creeps me the fuck out, the other question I had was regarding her husband... who seems MUCH older. Anyone know the story behind this? :ew:

According to their FB page, they announced their courtship at church in Sunday....I believe she is 23.....the Seppis have to be the craziest of them all. Read their blog and cringe/laugh/cry:)

Yes, and that's why it's so disturbing when I find myself agreeing with them on foreign policy issues!

this has nothing to do with the courting post; I read the May 22 post about young people leaving religion.

"90% of professing Christians send their children to public school.

Between 70-88% of Christian students leave the faith their freshman year in college.

And they have nothing to do with spiritual things after their freshman year.

From K- 12 children spend 14,000 seat hours in school.

Voddie Baucham says it this way. “The answer is this, if we continue to send our children to Caesar we need to stop being surprised when they come home as Romans.â€

Uh...Maybe be because they wised up and learned they had been lied to, could THAT have anything to do with it???? The indoctrination just wasnt strong enough, which is why they don't want their children to stray far, and they keep them under their thumbs. Seems pretty self explanatory to me. :lol:

Yes, and that's why it's so disturbing when I find myself agreeing with them on foreign policy issues!

I don't know this family well. What are their foreign policy issues?

t

Between 70-88% of Christian students leave the faith their freshman year in college.

Science is of the Devil. :nenner:

I don't know the last thing about these folks so I opened the link and the Regina/Gregory smooch image has loaded first. And I threw up a little in my mouth.IMG_7240.jpg

Just how old is this man? In this picture, they look like a granddad with his granddaughter in her late teens who has a child that makes Greg a great-grandfather. Yuck, seriously, grossss!

I believe Regina just turned 30 and Greg is 12/14 years older than she is. He is divorced with a teenage daughter.

Of course they just married last year and got pregnant immediately. On their birth page/pictures, they snarked about how their doctor waits 18 months after birth to do a VBAC. ....they wanted to find a new doctor ( it implied) because you know, you need to start working on the next blessing IMMEDIATELY after giving birth.

I'm absolutely sorry and while I totally agree that a 12-year age diff is not a big deal between people... there would be no way for me to touch that Greg with a pair of tongs.

**ETA just to ease my conscience over my shallowness... the baby is gorgeous but apparently she or he gets it from Regina.

I don't know this family well. What are their foreign policy issues?

They're non-interventionists, against the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and Middle East meddling in general. That's all very nice, but unfortunately, they're still totally nuts.

I'm absolutely sorry and while I totally agree that a 12-year age diff is not a big deal between people... there would be no way for me to touch that Greg with a pair of tongs.

**ETA just to ease my conscience over my shallowness... the baby is gorgeous but apparently she or he gets it from Regina.

That guy looks like the Crypt Keeper from Tales from the Crypt.

That guy looks like the Crypt Keeper from Tales from the Crypt.

You have no idea how much better I feel now! :lol: Crypt Keeper Creep. But the keeper had a very good sense of black humor.

He does look a little intense in that picture. The whole lot of them look slightly off though.

The baby is cute, but the expression on her face is priceless. It looks like she's staring up at God and either asking "Why me?" or begging for rescue.

Okay, ignoring that I've read some of the most offensive shit written by this guy, he seems to suffer from the same thing a friend of mine does - premature baldness plus white hair (nevermind that lump) - my friend's been looked at as "old" since age 30. So, you have a young woman who looks even younger with a relatively young guy who looks "old'....

what's worse is some of their views.

DWT!!! You're back !

Welcome!

Ok, back to reading the rest of this topic!!!

DWT!!! You're back !

Welcome!

Ok, back to reading the rest of this topic!!!

Thanks for welcoming me back, MJ. I had a health problem, but I am MUCH better now. :)

Why is it that the fundie women have the best hair? Seriously. NR-Anna Maxwell, Regina Seppi (dunno her married name, too lazy to find out), Erin Bates. Jana Duggar? Mary Maxwell.

NOT COOL, FUNDIES.

I believe Regina just turned 30 and Greg is 12/14 years older than she is. He is divorced with a teenage daughter.

Of course they just married last year and got pregnant immediately. On their birth page/pictures, they snarked about how their doctor waits 18 months after birth to do a VBAC. ....they wanted to find a new doctor ( it implied) because you know, you need to start working on the next blessing IMMEDIATELY after giving birth.

Regina's birthday is 6 May 1983 and Greg's is 25 Mar 1969, so they are 30 and 44.

I mostly wonder about what the teenage daughter thinks of the Seppi family. I think she is 16 years old.

Okay, ignoring that I've read some of the most offensive shit written by this guy, he seems to suffer from the same thing a friend of mine does - premature baldness plus white hair (nevermind that lump) - my friend's been looked at as "old" since age 30. So, you have a young woman who looks even younger with a relatively young guy who looks "old'....

what's worse is some of their views.

I know what you are saying and I know I'm being a superficial asshole. I appreciate your comment, no sarcasm here. But I'd sooner dip my hand in a tubful of piranhas than touch that person. It's not only his unfortunate, 80-y-o looks, there's something sly about him. He looks like a very sly old man with an advanced age. They still look like grandfather and granddaughter to me. I totally believe he enjoys showing off and touching that pretty young girl that looks about 18 to me. But that poor girl. :confusion-helpsos: She must french kiss him and stuff.

I'm having trouble reading that blog. Can you give us the skinny on the crazy? A summary?

I'm about the same age as Regina and my partner is 46 so that doesn't squick me out at all. Everything else about her husband does though. Isn't he in the John Birch Society?

OMTS. Robert Downey Jr is about 48. That husband is about his age. I think you know what I have been trying to express.

Archived