IGNORED

Rebecca Eleventy had a birthday!

WonderingInWA

I'm a little impressed that they played Apples to Apples. The Maxwells would never be able to do that. Just scanning the cards, there are ones for Ernest Hemingway, Geishas, Dolly Parton, Homer Simpson, Picasso, Stephen King, the Marx Brothers.... The Reversal kids wouldn't know who half these people are and Steve and Teri would consider having to explain the references a satanic incursion into their cult. Planting knowledge and curiosity about the outside world into their kids' minds and all.

There's a bible edition of apples to apples, no evil pop culture knowledge required. I kind of always assumed that's what the fundies are playing.

In the comments sections re bobby:

AnonymousMay 23, 2013 at 12:35 PM

Happy Birthday Rebecca, and may this year and all the years to come bring you so many blessings. (now are you going to tell us who that cute Bobby is?)

His Way ServicesMay 23, 2013 at 12:58 PM

Now, now, now. He's a Burney. Our families are new friends. If you want to pray about it, all right, but as for me, I've committed to keeping my heart for the man God has chosen for me to marry. Annah and I do interact with young men in big group settings, but we keep it on a casual level.

I know what you're thinking. The Lord knows what He has in store. We'll see what His will is.

Thank you for the birthday message. Rebecca

Ooh a courtship for Eleventy?!!? I hope so! Would hate her to be a SAHD into her 30s & 40s.

The modest presents made me realise how spoilt I am for my birthdays!!!

I think I am going to pray for the mustachio'd one and Rebecca... :popcorn2:

I agree that Rebecca needs to find a man. I say her biggest dream would to be part of the Maxwell family!!

I agree that Rebecca needs to find a man. I say her biggest dream would to be part of the Maxwell family!!

She'll never get in there. She's not thin enough (by Steve's standards) and she likes to play games and sports.

She'll never get in there. She's not thin enough (by Steve's standards) and she likes to play games and sports.

This is true but I have a feeling she would loose weight & give up sports to be part of that family.

The moustache by itself on a dark, swarthy type always makes me think of Ron Jeremy.

Add a goatee, and it looks quite suave. He should consider it. ;) He's a nice looking young man. Maybe God will make it happen. And maybe he'll help her find better shoes, because those are absolutely tragic.

I just checked out the blog again and there is a new entry about her father being in the hospital. She mentions that he is in St. Louis and they are an hour away. Does anyone know where they live?

She deserves much better than the Maxwells.

I just checked out the blog again and there is a new entry about her father being in the hospital. She mentions that he is in St. Louis and they are an hour away. Does anyone know where they live?

Moscow Mills, Missouri.

It wasn't an expensive birthday, but a lot of effort was put into making it a fun birthday. Like someone above mentioned, they aren't a wealthy family. They do look like a loving family. When Rebecca is happy about something, she seems genuinely happy. She's also allowed to be unhappy when something bothers her.

I think it was nice, and it seems like it was exactly what she wanted, so that's always good! Will be watching for developments with the mustached one! It's very nice that her family has other families they are friends with. In that sense, she's not as sheltered as some.

She deserves much better than the Maxwells.

and they make an idol out of cakes and desserts. There is no one strawberry rule, two peanut butter balls or a small piece of sweat pizza (don't ask for the recipe as we might include it in a Moody book) portion control in this house !!1!!1! :naughty:

Looks like Dad is in ICU tonite after pacemaker placed and some endocardial fluid accumulation. I hope he does well - for many of the families we discuss here, I am sure having an ill patriarch is profoundly frightening and destabilizing.

Ok so ETA that I also hope he has a fabulous gay male nurse who identifies as atheist.... :evil:

Yes, I do wonder what happens to the family if the patriarch dies? If they don't use health insurance, I'm guessing life insurance is also out of the question. And I can only imagine what this hospital stay means to their family financially. Maybe they can do a fundraiser like the Zimmerman family is doing!

Ok...I don't keep pet fundies, but Rebecca's reply to the question about the young man was great, and showed more spunk than most fundie girls dare to display. ;)

ETA: Well ugh, now I just reminded myself of Deanna (LIAs daughter) and how funny and normal-seeming a lot of us thought she and her sisters were until she wrote an article about how we should probably kill impure women. :?

Or a nice straight, single male who identifies as conservative Christian who rescues her from fundydom.

I feel bad that her father is having complecations, but I just saw a comment she wrote looks like he's doing better

Archived