IGNORED

5 Widsom teeth? The Maxwells are wise than us all

denimjumper

OMG, the singing, the DICTION, OMG.

I am in no way a perfect singer myself, but dear Lord, I thought the poster above was joking about the "Trust eeeeennnnn Obey" but nope, not joking. And the tone of voice is just...ugly--there's nothing pretty about it, or heck, pleasing AT ALL. And they swallow the ends of the words, and sing on EEEEEE (when even marginally trained singers or people who EVER sung in choir know you should always sing Ah). I know it's not a classical style of singing, but it's the worst "bluegrass" I've ever heard. And people PAY for it??

I don't know if people pay, but YOU don't have to!! ;) Turns out you can see one of their live performances on YouTube - the family all decked out in green, and singing "I'll Fly Away."

(right now unless you put a sock in it... haha)

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with the dislike of calling them "The Elderly." Have some respect.

And I got all y'all beat (from the first page, at least) - I had six!

Add those to 4 molars pulled before I got braces, and I've had a ton of dental work. Any surprise that I've been putting off going for way too long? lol

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Steve has commented that Anna is not only 'quite the seamstress' but that she also cuts Christopher's hair. If that's not bad enough, Steve used to cut Christopher's hair - until he was 31, presumably!!!!! :D :D :D

Where did he comment that?!?!!

You know, I bet if the kids took some vocal lessons from an instructor they might....

Oh sorry, I'm so stupid. Obviously if the took lessons it would be from someone worldly who would use a liberal-godless-evolutionary-secular-blahblahblah approach and the kids would turn away from god. And *gasp* the instructor may be of the opposite S-E-X, nope can't have any of that.

I remember when they first started learning the instruments and singing. Sarah took vocal lessons for a time, but she emphatically claimed the purpose was to fit in with the others' harmony, not to sing solos since that would draw attention to her.

Who is the whiny sounding guy singing about daddy on his knees? His voice kind of reminds me of the lead singer of Bowling For Soup--except not as cool.

It reminds me of a very bad Peter Brady!

Now you have all got me curious to hear them sing. I know I may regret listening, but someone please tell me where I can find these singing samples-- I see where you can buy the CD's, but not where you can hear clips. Thanks!

PS: do you think Anna made Christopher the matching shirt?

I noticed they had matching shirts on. To me Christopher looks like he's trying too hard to look happily married.

And yes, I'll bet Anna Marie made Christopher's shirt. As the good little helpmeet she undoubtedly is, she probably took stock of his wardrobe when they got married and started making new duds for him.

:oops: :oops: :oops:

I took stock of my husband's clothes when he tried to wear cut off jean shorts on our honeymoon. Sometimes one spouse or the other hasn't any fashion sense at all. I may dress fundy but I know I won't let my men be fashion don'ts even if I am.

For me:

"The Middle aged,bald ,defrauder cried tears of joy while holding her ears tightly as we sang . We know our fellowship turned her heart towards the lord." "Sadly, we know she was "touched",as she kept yelling "RUN SARAH,while grabbing at John. THIS is why we have a no touch rule...

For me:

The rotund, balding, middle age harlot who dresses in sheeps clothing* covered her ears while howling praises to our Lord. "Oh, sweet Jesus, my ears!" was how we knew we touched her black little heart.

I don't dress as a sheep but I do own more than my share of frumpers and jean skirts and you can have when you can pry them out of my cold dead hands. :hand:

Sarah:

The tall, slim, blonde haired women in her 20s tried to defraud us in her short summer dress with indecent amounts of bare legs showing, but out music bought tears to her agonostic evil eye. Errr eyes. The men felt filthy afterwards and spent a long time, alone, in the shower, cleansing themselves.

Ok gross now i feel sick at the thought of Maxwell men masturbating over me.

I had weird bone shards on top of my wisdom teeth that came out as the wisdom teeth started to emerge upwards. Does that make me speshul?! :D

First comment on the latest blog. :D

He hadn't noticed that their shirts were matching?! She went to all the trouble and the The Head Jerk can't even give you a table scrap for a compliment?! JERK!

Dumbies vs Fundies

And one more for the dumb clan. I only ever had two. One had grown out fully, the other not so the dentist only got rid of the one that could potentially mess up my mouth once it would start growing and pushing the other teeth more and more.

So, perhaps, I'm a little wiser than 5-teeth-Maxwell dude because I actually KEPT one?

I mean, isn't this how fundie logics work? No? Keep your heart whole to remain pure. Keep a wisdom teeth to remain wise(ish)?

I wonder if they found a prospective husband for Sarah..... ;)

Sounds like they're working on it. From the comments:

Valerie S. says:

August 4, 2011 at 2:20 pm

Sarah, you are so beautiful. You tell your family that they need to take some pictures of you too!

>>>>>>>>

Good point.

Steve

Well, working on it in the laziest, most passive way possible, anyway.

Here's a Dad's Corner where Steve describes the family's [lack of] music lessons: titus2.com/corners/4-05-d.htm. Playing music is good because it keeps kids away from bad influences, fills up kids' time that they might otherwise be using for sinning, and teaches them submission. And no need for teachers, you can become a great musician by watching instructional DVDs.

Next, I have heard through the years that if you want to teach your children teamwork, let them play sports. I have come to disagree with that statement. Instead of our children receiving all the negatives sports have to offer-bad influences, injuries, appetites for wasting time, and more-our family is learning to cooperate and to defer to the other as they seek to produce harmony and balanced music.

Playing music to be a blessing to others has given the children additional purpose in their days. When they have some discretionary time, they are likely to spend it practicing on their instruments instead of wasting it. I love to walk past the living room seeing Jesse and Mary practicing their dulcimers together, or seeing all of the younger children working on a hymn they will play for the elderly on Sunday at church.

One thing we have avoided is dependence on someone else to teach the children. I've known many families who taxi their children all around to music lessons. In addition to disrupting the day, it can be extremely expensive. We tried an instructor for a few weeks and cycled several children together through the lesson, but soon found that books and DVDs were more beneficial. We can use these resources at times that fit our schedule, and the materials are there for later review.

Instead of purchasing character-quality curriculum, we have found the music time provides ample opportunity to work on character. For example, when the children work together practicing hymns they need to submit to one another. Each one usually has a suggestion on how to best play the arrangement, and it is a wonderful exercise in submission for them to work through it with proper spirits.

Sounds like they're working on it. From the comments:

Well, working on it in the laziest, most passive way possible, anyway.

Here's a Dad's Corner where Steve describes the family's [lack of] music lessons: titus2.com/corners/4-05-d.htm. Playing music is good because it keeps kids away from bad influences, fills up kids' time that they might otherwise be using for sinning, and teaches them submission. And no need for teachers, you can become a great musician by watching instructional DVDs.

I wonder if they took Jesse to a dentist who got his degree through the mail after having watched some instructional videos on wisdom tooth extraction. I am sure it works about the same, Steve! :roll:

Now you have all got me curious to hear them sing. I know I may regret listening, but someone please tell me where I can find these singing samples-- I see where you can buy the CD's, but not where you can hear clips. Thanks!

titus2.com/ecommerce/products/prod_listing.php/3000

scroll down to "detailed product information", and you'll see a song list with little speakers and play-arrows. click the play-arrow beside each clip.

or seeing all of the younger children working on a hymn they will play for the elderly on Sunday at church.

One would think that having met the Maxwells with clibby, I would have reached the apex of my annoyance with them and it would go down from there. One would be wrong.

I'll be the first to admit that learning music and singing and/or playing in groups can teach you a lot about teamwork, etc. Plus it's just good for your brain. I took years of piano lessons and sang in choirs, and it taught me good stuff.

But, wow, Steve sure does know how to make music seem like drudgery!! True, practicing isn't always the most fun thing ever (particularly when you're working on something difficult), but music should be fun and enjoyable, too - and I'm firmly of the belief that performing is way too nerve wracking to do unless you enjoy it!! If the kids were playing together because they honestly enjoyed that, it's awesome! If they're doing it because they have to and the HTML book got boring, that's just sad.

Also, yes, music lessons can be very expensive. I'm sure you can learn some basics from DVDs and whatnot - but you really, really need feedback from a teacher at least once in a while. Otherwise errors/bad habits can creep in.

When he realized one of his kids (Jesse, was it?) was enjoying playing his instrument, Steve took it away and replaced it with another one that Jesse didn't like. Fun is bad, and enjoying things just takes your mind off of Jesus.

I'm glad to see so many others hate their insistence on saying "the elderly." It drives me nuts, too! Just say "the residents" or whatever.

Somewhere on their blog there was a photo of one of their billion nursing home visits with the caption "the elderly love touch." It makes it sound like they're referring to animals in a petting zoo.

Guest Anonymous

One would think that having met the Maxwells with clibby, I would have reached the apex of my annoyance with them and it would go down from there. One would be wrong.

I'll say it yet again: they obviously think "the elderly" are the denizens of a petting zoo.

Why won't they allow physical contact with the residents? Are they afraid they might get wordly old people cooties by a handshake or hug? I don't think they even like "the elderly". I think they just use them as an excuse not to go mingle with any other people and if the residents started dressing in short shorts and listening to rock music Steve would ditch them in a heartbeat.

Archived