IGNORED

Westboro blames Oklahoma tornado on Gay Person

DifferentGurl

Every time something bad happens - a tornado, a tsunami, a mass toe-stubbing - these idiots say that god did it because of gay people, blabbity blah. And then they picket a funeral.

It was pretty shocking at first but now it's just sad, wretched, and boring. I wish they'd get into self-immolation or something interesting.

Jason Collins came out weeks ago... Why would God wait so long? If he wanted to show people a correlation between homosexuality and destruction, he could at least send a tornado when Jason Collins was still on people's minds...

Also, wouldn't God be better off sending storms to the places that recently legalized gay marriage? One person coming out isn't quite as significant as that legislation, in the big picture.

The Westboro Baptist Church's God just doesn't seem very logical...

Jason Collins came out weeks ago... Why would God wait so long? If he wanted to show people a correlation between homosexuality and destruction, he could at least send a tornado when Jason Collins was still on people's minds...

Also, wouldn't God be better off sending storms to the places that recently legalized gay marriage? One person coming out isn't quite as significant as that legislation, in the big picture.

The Westboro Baptist Church's God just doesn't seem very logical...

And if gay people coming out leads to tornados and such, why hasn't the apocalypse happened by now?

And if gay people coming out leads to tornados and such, why hasn't the apocalypse happened by now?

This. God so far hasn't destroyed San Francisco and other gay-friendly communities, and while California voters did pass Prop H8, the state does have Harvey Milk Day as a recognized day for the state. I think these people would be better off if they went with self-immolation or something far more interesting.

Why would they need to come out can't god see inside everyone's head?? I am still waiting for got to own up to this and not use such stupid mouthpieces do it for him. Come on god if your doing this admit it.

So when the Liberace movie opens, we should expect an earthquake big enough to crumble all of California into the sea?

How do they explain the violent storms, volcanic activity, etc. that happen on planets without gay people?

I've seen all the WBC documentaries and read "Banished" and plenty of other articles. Back when Matthew Shepherd was murdered, they were shockingly hateful and offensive. Their protesting at funerals was completely wrong and fucked up. Nowadays, though, it seems like their statements and protests are just out of habit. Does their God even care about anything besides homosexuality? They don't even shock anymore with their tired old rhetoric. The young adult members are leaving left and right. I truly feel that the WBC is down to its death rattle.

I think its safe to say that Westboro church members were sent from the devil himself. Can't they just shut up!?!?

Yawn. These guys need new shtick. This is tired and worn out.

Yeah, really! They're getting very predictable. I mean everyone here on FJ knew they were going to blame the tornado on teh gayz or something.

Why the hell did HuffPo publicize these low lives, anyway?! They thrive on being noticed.

Who's certain that WBC members never will be seen helping anyone? Now THAT would be newsworthy.

FWIW, I've been out for-- well, approximately 15 years and I haven't had a house fall on me yet. Might it be that God has more important things to worry about? Might it even be that there's a cause for weather other than divine retribution?

I am past ready for people to stop calling the Phelpses for comment. If they want to quote the WBC, let them cut and paste. Let them play the same tired sound files. It's not as if they ever say anything new.

Edited because punctuation is useful.

From what I understand of all those articles and Louis Theroux documentaries, their only purpose is to gloat. They are God's elect and we aren't. So, neener neener, ha ha ha. :cray-cray:

Kevin Durant has pledged $1M to tornado victims. Guess the WBC doesn't think that's worth mentioning.

WBC THRIVES on attention, according to Lauren Drain's new book. If they see what they speak angers people, they enjoy that and piss us off anymore. WBC is known to put blame on homosexuals for anything that occurs in this country or another country from natural disasters to bombings.

At this point, I just don't give a crap what they say. They're membership list is running low and more and more people are getting fed up with them that it's just a matter of time until people forget about their existence.

They're membership list is running low and more and more people are getting fed up with them that it's just a matter of time until people forget about their existence.

Their membership is almost entirely the extended family of Fred Phelps, yeah? Nobody wants anything to do with them; I don't know where they find non-related people to marry them and reproduce. But I'm hoping they'll resort to inbreeding at some point and their IQs will go down the toilet, and they'll forget how to make signs.

Every time something bad happens - a tornado, a tsunami, a mass toe-stubbing - these idiots say that god did it because of gay people, blabbity blah. And then they picket a funeral.

It was pretty shocking at first but now it's just sad, wretched, and boring. I wish they'd get into self-immolation or something interesting.

Yeah, because we all know the real reason for these things. Global Warming!

Archived