IGNORED

Where Art Thou, Bradrick?

ThisOlGirl

So I went over to Sippy Cup's manly menz website to see what they were doing to help the people of Oklahoma out after yesterday's tragedy. Not surprisingly (and thankfully), they haven't swooped in to save the day, but there was this:

Oklahoma City, OK - The Midwest had a series of tornadoes this weekend but had appeared to escape major damage until today when a massive tornado went through Moore, OK, a suburb of Oklahoma City. At this point officials are stating that 51 people are confirmed dead and that number could continue to rise. Seven of the casualties came from an elementary school that took a direct hit and more deaths are expected as rescue crews dig through the night. Preliminary estimates by the NOAA state that the tornado was an F4 with winds up to 200mph. At some points it was as wide as a half-mile and traveled 20 miles though that has yet to be confirmed.

I don't know if Petey wrote this--honestly, the language doesn't seem overdone enough to be Petey. But that's it. This, folks, is all the Bradrick Crisis Network is capable of. Not even a word about how/where one can donate money/goods/services, no thanks to the people that are actually helping. Yep, Bradrick Crisis Network is about as effective as everyone expected.

You fuckin' suck, Sippy Cup

This, folks, is all the Bradrick Crisis Network is capable of. Not even a word about how/where one can donate money/goods/services, no thanks to the people that are actually helping. Yep, Bradrick Crisis Network is about as effective as everyone expected.

This, gazillion times. Even the stupid Alert crew will probably go there and make themselves useful.

Well of course they aren't there:

1. If they went they might have to help anyone who needs help not just the people they think deserve help (they only really want to help themselves).

2. Why would they spend time and energy helping men, women, children, pets when they can use their time trying to save embryos?

3. If they went they might have to take orders from/listen to a woman because the ebil secular world sometimes hires women to be first responders.

4. It is so much easier to pray for someone instead of actually helping (and so much easier on the manicure if you don't actually have to do any heavy lifting)

5. It is hard to stand in a wide legged manly pose when trying to lift debris off of victims (hard on the back don't you know).

6. Why should they help when it is all the fault of the wicked gays, feminists, liberals? Also: They sense that tornados are just God's punishment for passing same sex marriage laws.

Maybe they are all out shooting endangered animals and enjoying sweet sweet fellowship with Dougie.

It means that they'd have to do something other than stand around and bloviate about how important they are. It might mean, God forbid!, they'd have to get their hands dirty and actually help someone who might not even be a Christian!

God, help and protect the first responders, and comfort the grieving families and friends in the coming days. My thoughts and prayers are with both families and first responders.

Yep, all talk and no action.

And just as well. Were they to show up,they would probably hamper rescue efforts. I don't know if any of them have any real training (probably not) but their attitudes towards women, etc. would not be tolerated in a true disaster situation.

Where is the Air Land Emergency Resource Team? Surely all that manly romping in the woods while simultaneously having to write down complete chapters of the Bible and tie knots would have prepared them for this ef-4 disaster.

I'm surprised he didn't issue a screed about how homeschooling might have saved those poor kids. Surprised, but thankful.

I'm surprised he didn't issue a screed about how homeschooling might have saved those poor kids. Surprised, but thankful.

That's left for Zsu to do.

*sigh* I was half-hoping their failure to update yesterday was because they were far too busy mobilizing the ALERT forces all over the country to go help, but a quick perusal of the news did not reveal a group of well-off white guys in khakis and polo shirts, standing around praying for help. Rather, there were first responders, volunteers, and neighbors who were dirty, bloody, tired, and emotional, but saving lives and comforting the afflicted. There's really no place for dabblers in the wake of a disaster.

Did anyone post on Bradrick's site asking them if they are there? And as a previous poster said, that kind of writing doesn't sound like Petey's. And I too dread the first mention that there would be no one dead at the school if everyone homeschooled. You know, because when you home school, the tornado will never find your HOME.

Archived