IGNORED

Shraders Go To Creation Museum

GeoBQn

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow. I didn't even know people eat goat.

It's more popular in Europe. It's not bad, for meat. I don't think it caught on in the US, but it's not illegal or anything to sell/buy it. I'm sure if one of our food conglomerations found a way to mass produce it, market it, and sell for a profit, it would be more popular.

Really? It's a staple in some cuisines in the Middle East, as well as in Jamaica. Probably other places too, but those come to mind. I shouldn't say this since I'm a vegetarian...but goat meat is delicious.

Jesus H Christ on a flaming cracker....

So the goat was a sinner. And they ate it.

And while they were butchering the goat (slitting it's throat, skinning it, cutting it open), John the Paterfamilias hopefully held a long winded lecture about why the baaad goat had to end up butchered and eaten. Never miss an opportunity to implant the connection between death penalty and "sin" in your children's minds...

I wanted to go to the Creation Museum so badly but I can't find anyone to come snark with me! Most of my friends are in the medical field so their reaction range from eye roll to disguest to bewilderment. Not a single one thinks it amusing to visit it for laughs. :~(

It's more popular in Europe. It's not bad, for meat. I don't think it caught on in the US, but it's not illegal or anything to sell/buy it. I'm sure if one of our food conglomerations found a way to mass produce it, market it, and sell for a profit, it would be more popular.

There are parts of Georgia (the state, not the country in the Caucasus) where goat barbecue is a thing. I don't know whether you can get goat barbecue at restaurants or not, but goat is the featured meat at some private barbecues. OnceModestTwice Shy, I'm another vegetarian that found barbecued goat delicious.

My husband said that his strategy for a visit to the Creation Museum would be to act like he was believing everything they say, but ask questions incessantly after every statement. It might not be the best strategy for a place that apparently has armed guards. He'd probably get us kicked out after 5 minutes. We will probably never visit though, because there is absolutely no other reason for us to go to Kentucky ever and we would never make a special trip just for snark value.

My husband said that his strategy for a visit to the Creation Museum would be to act like he was believing everything they say, but ask questions incessantly after every statement. It might not be the best strategy for a place that apparently has armed guards. He'd probably get us kicked out after 5 minutes. We will probably never visit though, because there is absolutely no other reason for us to go to Kentucky ever and we would never make a special trip just for snark value.

My reasoning behind visiting Kentucky would be to to see "makers mark" whiskey factory :D

Really? It's a staple in some cuisines in the Middle East, as well as in Jamaica. Probably other places too, but those come to mind. I shouldn't say this since I'm a vegetarian...but goat meat is delicious.

It's a major protein in the diet in the Virgin Islands. I ate a lot before I became a vegetarian, and yes, it is delicious. But you have to make it in stews or curries.

Why why why did I look at the pic with the kids holding the goat's eye in a sandwich bag? :ew: On another note, Esther looks exhausted.

Goat is big in the Hispanic community as well, even large grocery chains like Fiesta carry cabrito. Tastes like lamb, basically, maybe a tad greaser.

I am glad though, those poor children aren't being dragged around in a camper across TX, OK, or Arkansas this week, even if it means they are at that "museum."

Edited bc I can't spell today.

Really? I think goat and lamb taste nothing like each other. Sheep has a definite gamy flavor to me, I think goat tastes like beef more than anything.

Goat is very popular in WI. The sale barns here cannot get enough of them.

I wanted to go to the Creation Museum so badly but I can't find anyone to come snark with me! Most of my friends are in the medical field so their reaction range from eye roll to disguest to bewilderment. Not a single one thinks it amusing to visit it for laughs. :~(

If I was anywhere close, I'd totally come with you.

I'd be there too!

Heck, there's be enough FJs for a group discount. Except for the whole geographical proximity thing. I'm seriously considering going on a road trip next time I'm anywhere on the continent.

Heck, there's be enough FJs for a group discount. Except for the whole geographical proximity thing. I'm seriously considering going on a road trip next time I'm anywhere on the continent.

I would totally get in on this roadtrip. Ohio isn't far.

Really? I think goat and lamb taste nothing like each other. Sheep has a definite gamy flavor to me, I think goat tastes like beef more than anything.

Goat is very popular in WI. The sale barns here cannot get enough of them.

Maybe it's in the preparation? You find it bbq'd a lot around here. I find it a bit gamier than lamb, and lamb beefier in flavor. Go figure :lol:

I thought the creation museum was in Kentucky. I was planning to stop by there on my way through the state for shear amusement, but I didn't have time. To make matters worse, after going through Kentucky, and in lieu of a visit to the museum, we were just going to settle for a sighting of Touchdown Jesus http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_of_Kings_%28statue%29 Unfortunately for me, god apparently wasn't impressed with the statue as it was struck by lightning, and burned to the ground. A much smaller, and much less amusing statue was erected in its place :(

:twisted: Ooooh! And, that last post was my 666th post :D :twisted: :twisted:

I've been checking out this dude's facebook. It boggles the mind how he's not ashamed of his life, not one bit. He's posting arrogant, self-righteous, witty ass comments and he is a complete failure. If I had a life that messed up, I would crawl back under the rock I came from. His lack of shame just boggles the damn mind.

I thought the creation museum was in Kentucky. I was planning to stop by there on my way through the state for shear amusement, but I didn't have time. To make matters worse, after going through Kentucky, and in lieu of a visit to the museum, we were just going to settle for a sighting of Touchdown Jesus http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_of_Kings_%28statue%29 Unfortunately for me, god apparently wasn't impressed with the statue as it was struck by lightning, and burned to the ground. A much smaller, and much less amusing statue was erected in its place :(

Yes, the creation museum IS in northern Kentucky.

As for the sculpture that replaced "touchdown Jesus", (about 10 minutes' drive from my house, in Ohio), no, it is not much smaller than the first one. It IS more traditional in its representation, and therefore, I agree that it lends itself much less to bad jokes. (I had hoped that there would be no replacement; the original was quite embarrassing to a lot of us who live nearby).

Is the Creation Museum the one I heard about where they upcycled wax figures from celebrity wax museums, so you might see Liz Taylor as Eve or Humphrey Bogart as Moses? If so, I've wanted to go for ages.

The problem is it's expensive and a far drive just to :pull-hair:

The indian buffet in my town has a goat curry on Sundays. I tried it once, but I thought it was tough and fatty. It must have been an extra evil goat.

As for the sculpture that replaced "touchdown Jesus", (about 10 minutes' drive from my house, in Ohio), no, it is not much smaller than the first one. It IS more traditional in its representation, and therefore, I agree that it lends itself much less to bad jokes. (I had hoped that there would be no replacement; the original was quite embarrassing to a lot of us who live nearby).

But but but, it's a tourist attraction for everyone! I, for one, was very disappointed when we passed by the new, less dramatic statue. :cry: :cry:

Lots of people eat goat, and more and more in the USA. Can get it in Mexican Restaurants across TX, and my sister (a farmer in KS) raises goats for 4-H and they butchered (or had butchered) one a couple of years ago. They said it was very good.

Archived