IGNORED

Your daily dose of hatred towards women:

Koala

generationcedar.com/main/2013/05/women-work-freedom-one-big-fat-suicidal-error.html

Also known as: Women could totally save the economy if they would just quit their jobs

I have always puzzled at the claim of “freedom†in the demand of women to work outside the home when it is apparent they haven’t been liberated from anything, but rather had a burden added to their already intensive, full-time job. Not liberation, but stress, anxiety and exhaustion seems to be what women really fought for and won.

I have said before, I’m not trying to be oppressive by saying that women should focus on their roles at home instead of clamoring to get out; I’m trying to illumine the truly liberating life that so many have forsaken for a false promise. (That’s a nice thing, right? And every time I still get harassed for it…go figure.)

See? Kelly's not trying to oppress women! She just wants them to stay the hell at home where they belong. And that's nice damnit!

“If women stopped work tomorrow it would solve the West’s chronic unemployment crisis overnight. Due to the dire shortage of workers left, salaries would rocket.â€

If my great-grandmother, grandmother, or mother had stopped working "tomorrow" I'll tell you what would have happened overnight: Starvation.

My grandmother walked herself to work in order to help my grandfather put beans (yes beans) on the table and a roof over my mother's head. When my grandparents died they still had some beans they refused to eat because they ate too damn many during the "lean years". She walked in the cold and everything else to a job that allowed her to buy my mother a tiny red rocking chair for Christmas that we still have to this day, and she did it all before it was "cool" for women to have a jobs. She helped to blaze a trail for smug women like Kelly who have no appreciation for the fact that we have an OPTION now. We have a choice. And the choice that's right for you and your kids might not be the choice that's right for me and mine.

The “can’t afford it†argument? Sometimes that’s true (although usually not), but we created that monster too. If one-income families were the norm, the income would rise to meet it. It’s just so simple: women have an incredibly important role to play (THE most important, perhaps?) and men are sufficiently ready to take care of us and do the grunt work of providing an income. We all have a wonderful, specific cog in this wheel that makes the world go ’round, one just as important as the other. But it takes us all, content with our cogs, to keep the wheel turning.

Umm yeah, that would be a no. My father was more than capable of working, but he decided he liked drinking better. My mom nearly worked herself to death keeping us housed and fed. She worked her way up the corporate ladder and I am so damn proud of the life she has today. You know what that taught me? Work ethic. You know what else it taught me? Women can do anything they damn well put their minds to, especially if they've got little kids counting on them.

And from the comments:

From Cindy at Get Along Home

Simple supply and demand. If ladies would go home and stop outsourcing *their* work, their husbands could command a fair living wage and wouldn’t need the second salary. Of course, we don’t know much about supply and demand in this country. There’s an unemployment crisis and we’re importing MORE unskilled labor. I won’t hold my breath waiting for liberated women to figure out how those two items are related to their own husband’s depressed wages. Math is HARD. Apparently, economics is, too.

Kelly:

There are economic consequences to women flooding the workforce. When that happened, it caused more women to HAVE to leave home and enter the workforce because men’s wages decreased. This left more children to be raised by someone else. And ultimately, women are given children to raise themselves. No one can do like her. No one else is responsible for doing it either.

You mentioned your mom’s “happinessâ€, which a large part of the problem. Responsibility trumps happiness. Many men might be “happier†golfing all day, but that isn’t what they’ve been given to do. Their responsibility requires them to provide for their families. A mother is responsible for raising her children. (By the way, I believe ideally a mother AND father do this together, when it is possible for home businesses, etc.)

The feminist movement played exactly on the feelings of women–â€Are you happy?†Funny thing is, many women who thought they could do it all are more unhappy than ever but have been sucked up in the cycle.

The bottom line is looking at what is good for our children, our families and our society. My happiness is irrelevant, although I’ve never been happier since I came to understand how vital my role as a wife and mother is. (That’s God.) We need mothers doing their first, full-time job.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Adding this in reply because it falls under "hatred towards women" and I can't be bothered to start yet another Lori thread:

lorialexander.blogspot.com/2013/05/self-pity-is-so-ugly.html

Steve Harvey was interviewing a couple who was heading for divorce. He asked the woman what she felt was wrong with the marriage. She sat there and told us all the things her husband did wrong. He didn't understand her love language. He doesn't do this and that. On and on it went. It was ugly...

Self-pity is ugly. Wouldn't it be amazing if she had answered, "I don't hardly ever give him sex. I expect so much from him. I want him to behave the way I want him to and I know that is wrong. I rarely try to serve or learn what pleases him."

Totally agree! It would be awesome if women would just do the right thing and take the blame for everything. They've screwed up the economy (by working to feed their children) and took jobs from men (to whom the jobs clearly belonged)! Then they have the gall to refuse to put out anytime they're told to, have expectations for the man they marry and refuse to wait on him hand and foot! Imagine! <-----(excuse the dripping sarcasm) :angry-banghead:

That is why Created To Be His Help Meet was so powerful for me. Debi pointed out all the things I was doing wrong and I was doing plenty wrong. I just didn't realize it.

We are so blind to our own faults. This is why young women need older women to tell them the truth. Satan blinds us to our sins so we can only concentrate on the sins of others thus destroying our relationships.

Debi Pearl has never contributed a positive thing towards well rounded marriages and children as far as I'm concerned, so there's that.

Further more, I like how the focus is on women. Naturally they are the ones in the wrong, and if they husbands are acting up, well that's the wife's fault too. The world would be better if women would just realize that though they control the men, the economy, and the world in general, they are the weaker vessel and insufficient to use their brains like their husband's do. That's why they need a "head"...duh! The obvious solution is to quit your job and manipulate your idiot brilliant husband into thinking he's the only one capable of making a decent decision! :cray-cray:

Gah, they are hard at it today. We get it...women bad / men good. :roll:

The “can’t afford it†argument? Sometimes that’s true (although usually not), but we created that monster too. If one-income families were the norm, the income would rise to meet it. It’s just so simple: women have an incredibly important role to play (THE most important, perhaps?) and men are sufficiently ready to take care of us and do the grunt work of providing an income.

Thank you for validating my argument by saying "sometimes that's true." Even though you DO NOT KNOW ANYONE'S SITUATION BUT YOUR OWN you fucking asshole.

Also, what exactly would you have had me do after high school? Who would I have married? Someone from my high school? Or would I have been expected to marry some friend of my parent's children, who I can't stand?

I sometimes think that first gen fundies were school yard bullies.

If the workforce was men-only, would there be enough men to fill every available job?

Thank you for validating my argument by saying "sometimes that's true." Even though you DO NOT KNOW ANYONE'S SITUATION BUT YOUR OWN you fucking asshole.

Also, what exactly would you have had me do after high school? Who would I have married? Someone from my high school? Or would I have been expected to marry some friend of my parent's children, who I can't stand?

I sometimes think that first gen fundies were school yard bullies.

I love how women are responsible for everything. I guess the women without spouses or with deadbeat spouses "created that monster". I mean it couldn't be the husband's fault! If a woman has to work it is totally her fault. If they do the right thing they marry immediately, and OF COURSE the wonderful men folk take care of everything! (for an example of this see Kelly's husband and the pitiful amount of food she feeds her growing children on his income).

This woman is simply not mentally captable of getting the whole "WHO needs to work for WHOM to buy WHAT and WHEN for what reasons" issue our current global economy is about and also always was.

This whole "1 man, one housewife and 2,5 children equals middle class" was a entirely made-up situaltion, only made possible by a World War and its millions of deaths + a big leap in technology and media.

It´s certainly not natural, it never was the norm, heck it´s not even in the bible - actually quite the opposite is the case there.

If the workforce was men-only, would there be enough men to fill every available job?

I am a physician. I've gone through 4 years of college, 4 years of medical school, 3 years of residency and 4 years of fellowship. I've been in academic practice for 20 years. I run large multi-center clinical trials. I teach medical students, residents and fellows. To be completely honest, there are very few men who could do what I do and they all already have jobs.

The truth is that the workers we "import" into the US are, by a very large margin, skilled workers. People who have skillsets that we don't teach particularly well here. This is where our public schools and universities should be stepping in. Unfortunately the graduates of the SOTDRT will not be particularly helpful in this regard.

I'm huffing it like it was paint thinner in a snifflebag. You just can't get enough of woman hating nonsense in this world.

Oh, Kelly. Do please give it a rest.Your loathsome bloviation just proves to the world, again and again, that you have sailboat fuel for brains.

I would go insane if I had to stay home full time with my son. I love him to death and love spending time with him. However, I am one of many women, who likes to utilize their critical thinking skills in a work environment. I need adult interaction. I need the feeling of accomplishment when I finish a big project. My son loves his daycare. I am happy, he's happy, my husband's happy.

Isn't Kelly the one that, essentially, starves her children because money is tight? Seems to me like she's blaming her financial situation on working women rather than doing something about it herself (work or stop popping out kids you can't afford).

I love how women are responsible for everything. I guess the women without spouses or with deadbeat spouses "created that monster". I mean it couldn't be the husband's fault! If a woman has to work it is totally her fault. If they do the right thing they marry immediately, and OF COURSE the wonderful men folk take care of everything! (for an example of this see Kelly's husband and the pitiful amount of food she feeds her growing children on his income).

Yes, my dad's injury (caused by his workplace, according the court) was 100% caused by a woman. Except, no, it was a result of negligence, gross oversight, and spending cuts. What should my mother have done, Kelly? After all, you think she caused that mess, what should she have done instead of work?

Also she is flat out wrong. Women worked in agriculture until the Industrial Revolution. Once that happened, women worked in factories and mines or selling things. It was not "feminism." It was a combination of the Industrial Revolution, the transition to urban living, and the World Wars. The world wars made more space for women in the factories and doing various tasks on the homefront. Feminism just gave women more options in the workplace and is still working on correcting the wage gap.

I am a physician. I've gone through 4 years of college, 4 years of medical school, 3 years of residency and 4 years of fellowship. I've been in academic practice for 20 years. I run large multi-center clinical trials. I teach medical students, residents and fellows. To be completely honest, there are very few men who could do what I do and they all already have jobs.

The truth is that the workers we "import" into the US are, by a very large margin, skilled workers. People who have skillsets that we don't teach particularly well here. This is where our public schools and universities should be stepping in. Unfortunately the graduates of the SOTDRT will not be particularly helpful in this regard.

Love this.

I work (and my degree is in) in a highly specialized, highly technical, largely male-dominated field. There are men who do what I do and guess what? They aren't assholes about it. They know I'm every bit as qualified as they are.

I earn double what my husband earns. Neither of us give a shit because we don't buy into stereotypical gender roles. I would never want to be married to anyone didn't treat me as an equal. Never.

“If women stopped work tomorrow it would solve the West’s chronic unemployment crisis overnight. Due to the dire shortage of workers left, salaries would rocket.â€

--

Besides not being true, there's a whole lot wrong with this statement. Like, not everyone has an employed husband. There are single women out there, can you believe it?! And divorced. And widowed, and gay and even some who like their jobs! I would say that there are way more female teachers for example, but Kelly would tell me all kids should be homeschooled so who needs teachers? Out of touch doesn't even begin to describe these people.

Love this.

I work (and my degree is in) in a highly specialized, highly technical, largely male-dominated field. There are men who do what I do and guess what? They aren't assholes about it. They know I'm every bit as qualified as they are.

I earn double what my husband earns. Neither of us give a shit because we don't buy into stereotypical gender roles. I would never want to be married to anyone didn't treat me as an equal. Never.

These two posts made me think about the fundy perspective in a new way. It simply does not occur to them that the societal solution for the balance of career and family comes NOT from returning to old (and risky) gender roles. The better solution, the solution that is beginning to take hold, is for both man and women to take adult responsibility for the children the raise and for whatever job they do to pariticipate in the betterment of humanity and the economy. In this way, if tragedy strikes and one of the partners becomes unable or unwilling, the other partner is fully equipped to carry on. You know.....for the children.

They just cannot imagine this. The rigid lessons taught at TSOTDRT to not allow for this. They have been "trained" to not think critically. The rod has eliminated the idea that there is another way to produce societal and family stability.

We've talked here before about what the U.S. would look like if all women quit their jobs and stayed home.

Doctors and dentists offices would suffer because 99.9% of the support staff I see in these offices are women.

Many restaurants would fail because many of the wait staff is female, especially the less expensive restaurants.

Hospitals would have a hard time staying open because, again, so much support staff is female.

How many unemployed men are sitting home waiting for one of the above jobs to open up?

Yes Kelly. It was totally my grandmother's fault that my grandfather walked out leaving her with five kids to take care of by herself. Only it wasn't. (The man is in his 70s and still can't be bothered to take any responsibility for his actions). What exactly was she supposed to do? Let her children starve? She worked her ass off, usually working 2 jobs at once, to provide for her kids. She continued to work well past retirement age to get out of the house and because she enjoyed the interaction with other people. She had a small, but nice, well-kept home that was paid for and visited often by her family. I live several states away from where she lived and yet I still had a very close relationship with her. When she passed away she was surrounded by her children who loved and admired her. She did all this without a man. This is the type of woman I look up to and admire. Not some idiot like Kelly or Lori who won't work and keep popping out kids when money is already tight, or believe abuse can be fixed by praying and submitting more.

I would go insane if I had to stay home full time with my son. I love him to death and love spending time with him. However, I am one of many women, who likes to utilize their critical thinking skills in a work environment. I need adult interaction. I need the feeling of accomplishment when I finish a big project. My son loves his daycare. I am happy, he's happy, my husband's happy.

I have to agree with the whole I would go insane sentiment of staying home. I mean my husband and I live in an apt and after a weekend I tend to go insane with all three of us there. My son also loves his pre-school and has friends he hangs out with and he gets excited to go. When he has to stay home on the weekend he will ask what is so and so doing or I want to invite so and so over. Plus these people are so isolated and never want to do anything apart from each other, how the heck are the kids going to deal with spouses or people in general. I love how they want to give everyone else advice as though we haven't considered the options and said umm no. They then return with well it is God's will and you need to follow it. Well last I checked God impregnanted a virgin, walked on water and made burning bushes talk, I think his will could change mine if he was so inclined.

You know, I don't know where I would have fit in her mold. I didn't marry until I was 31, my husband is 7 years younger than me and still finishing up his college degrees, and I am the primary breadwinner. Neither of us have a problem with that because I spent 7 long years in college to earn the 3 degrees I hold. I suppose I should stop helping people stay alive and go home like a good wife while we struggle to feed just us on hubbys salary?

If women leave the workforce we would lack: teachers, medical office staff, most Phlebotomists, a majority of the trained radiology staff, many cooks and servers, hotel desk clerks and room cleaners, etc etc. I personally want my hospital fully staffed and my doctor focused on providing care, not billing medicare and paying the light bills.

This has been done to death and for the thousandth time, the problems with the economy would NOT be solved by putting women out of work.

Lori has the small excuse of brain tumors/surgery causing her to be a bit :cray-cray:, but Kelly doesn't have an excuse close. Regardless, they are the most arrogant, ignorant asshole women I have ever heard in my life. I think Kelly, Kendal, Lori, Jacinda, Laura and Kidist are some of the most despicable people to currently grace live this planet.

Had to slash because grace was too kind of a word for them.

It's a good thing my great grandmother was able to get a job in a factory in the thirties after her husband walked out on her and cut her off from everything just so he could be with another woman, so she could support herself and her daughter. Even if you want to stay at home with your kids, you cannot rely on a man to support you. A point driven home after my own father walked out on us and my mother had to become the main breadwinner for my family. If neither of those women were able to find employment, its scary to think where I'd be today.

More to the point, there are charities specifically designed to educate and empower women specifically because the entire community benefits from it. Having women involved in the economy actually strengthens it.

Women need to be involved in the workforce and the workforce needs women to be involved. Same can be said for men and being involved in raising children. God forbid people seek out a healthy balance through equality instead of enforcing stricter gender roles.

Aah, but see, you didn't listen to Kelly correctly. It's not about happiness, it's about...something vague and elusive and ever-changing like responsibilities and proper role and uuuh...thingy. :doh:

If women don't have jobs in a modern economy; then how can the 1 % who own companies expect women to buy products geared at them? They would probably have to ask their husbands. Fundies don't realize that it's not just stupid to have women to stop having jobs for themselves and for the 1 %. I can't believe I just defended the fucking 1 % right now; but that's how much sense these fucking fundies have about the modern 21st century world.

Aah, but see, you didn't listen to Kelly correctly. It's not about happiness, it's about...something vague and elusive and ever-changing like responsibilities and proper role and uuuh...thingy. :doh:

How silly of me. I keep forgetting that I have to sacrifice my happiness so all the manly men can be happy.

Archived