IGNORED

Amanda Dixon divorced?

dairyfreelife

I've been lurking for a long while but finally decided to come out of lurkdom. The Dixons and the Feelin' Feminine site were my gateway into following fundies. I'm sorry to hear about Amanda's marriage breaking up. I was friends with her on Facebook for a while, around the time of her wedding, and she seemed so happy. I was so pleased she didn't get sucked into the whole Messianic thing and Costa Rica.

I'm totally shocked about Rachel though. (Jocelyn not so much sadly). She did come across like a very sweet girl, not the kind to be going after a married man. I wonder if all the chopping and changing of beliefs and lifestyles has just left her very confused and mixed up? I think it would screw up most people.

And I also wish Jacque and Jocelyn would apologise and admit they were wrong. They both come across as very arrogant. At one point they were actively encouraging people to leave the USA and move abroad. I know the McDonald (?) family did although they may have already been considering going to Costa Rica, but I dread to think how many others seriously considered packing up and leaving everything on the say so of Jacque. Hopefully most people have more sense than she does though!

Jacque and Jocelyn are the epitome of cold and uncaring and don't care whose lives they destroy in the process and Rachel isn't far behind them. They will never apologize and the McDaniels who went down there who had the money to do so ended up coming back to the United States. I don't think Jacque realized she had as much power as she did in the messianic movement enough to get people to leave the United States. It's a mess, but hopefully something will happen soon to get the younger kids under control and Jacque some help.

What a mess indeed! What about Mr Dixon? Is he still around and still religious? It always seemed so odd to me that they were so into their religion and almost overnight it seemed they turned away from it. All at once.

I realised after I posted that it was the McDaniels (not McDonald I knew it didn't sound right) and I did see a while ago that they were back in the States although I think they are still Messianic or Torah believers or whatever they call themselves.

What a mess indeed! What about Mr Dixon? Is he still around and still religious? It always seemed so odd to me that they were so into their religion and almost overnight it seemed they turned away from it. All at once.

I realised after I posted that it was the McDaniels (not McDonald I knew it didn't sound right) and I did see a while ago that they were back in the States although I think they are still Messianic or Torah believers or whatever they call themselves.

McDaniels are still into Torah they have an interesting history of coming out of a fundie version of Church of Christ and somehow found freedom in the messianic movement. Mr. Dixon I have no clue about but I know he wouldn't condone what Jacque is doing things are wild at the house and it's almost like a non stop college party atmosphere. I know both parties are at all fault but when someones own mother encourages marriage infidelity and allows it in her home something is beyond screwed up.

Odd1Out - I seem to remember it was in Chatter which is for people who have made at least 75 posts (an attempt to keep out trolls - the idea is that by that point they'll have been discovered).

fundiefun, I'm getting increasingly uncomfortable with your posting about this. I realise it's something you feel very strongly about (and who can blame you) but This Is The Internet. I really don't think it's the place for such a discussion (if your wronged friend wants to start a public page about it that's entirely her affair).

t's interesting that while she isn't fb friends with any of her family, she is facebook friends with Leandro, who was engaged to Jocelyn.

How can you go from being an uber fundie advocating courtship and obsessive modesty to being ok with relationships with older, married men? What a messed up family! I wonder what all the young fundie girls who looked up to Jocelyn (as in the FF loop) think now.

Odd1Out - I seem to remember it was in Chatter which is for people who have made at least 75 posts (an attempt to keep out trolls - the idea is that by that point they'll have been discovered).

fundiefun, I'm getting increasingly uncomfortable with your posting about this. I realise it's something you feel very strongly about (and who can blame you) but This Is The Internet. I really don't think it's the place for such a discussion (if your wronged friend wants to start a public page about it that's entirely her affair).

Point well taken, but in the gist of this all all parties are trying to move on as best as they can on their own.

• 5 months later...

I had no idea things were so messed up in that family. I'm gobsmacked. :o Poor Amanda!

Jocelyn's FB says she is a relationship with a bloke called John Smith...is this someone new or is he the same married man?

As on the other thread, I find it offensive that all the blame for these failed marriages is placed on the women the husbands ran off with, rather than on the men who broke their vows. Assuming, of course, that these stories are even true.

As on the other thread, I find it offensive that all the blame for these failed marriages is placed on the women the husbands ran off with, rather than on the men who broke their vows. Assuming, of course, that these stories are even true.

The guys are definitely idiots and at fault. It's the fact that a sister may have had an affair with her husband that's upsetting. She (the sister) definitely shared in the fault with the husband. If this is true.

The guys are definitely idiots and at fault. It's the fact that a sister may have had an affair with her husband that's upsetting. She (the sister) definitely shared in the fault with the husband. If this is true.

It was wrong of them if they did that, but then I imagine the older men have more control of the situation.

It's not a sum zero game. They can born be 100% responsible for their actions and 100% wrong.

They can both be wrong, but the original claim on this thread and the other was that the Dixon girls went after the men and caused the breakups. On the other thread it was even stated that the husband didn't want an affair but couldn't help himself and was misled by the evil younger woman. Laying the blame on one party like that is not accurate or right.

It was wrong of them if they did that, but then I imagine the older men have more control of the situation.

I've followed the Dixons for a while. They used to just be deeply fundie. Now they seem, to be honest, very messed up. I used to feel bad for some of them but I think they know exactly what they're doing now. No longer naive. I agree, it was just as much the guys' fault but I don't believe they had the upper hand. It seemed vindictive of the sister to me. But again, there is no proof this even happened. So total speculation on my part.

I know Manda better than anyone else and know exactly what had happened. For over a year things have been a downhill slide with her and Isaiah. He told her he never would have married her if he'd known she didn't want kids which he did so it was just hateful to say. Then he started messaging Rachel her sister and they were asked to stop but instead just hid it. She was moving back with or without him in February. He chose to come and got even deeper in with Rachel after Jacque moved 7 blocks away from Manda and Isaiah on purpose. He physically abused her and took Jacques side. She took a break and on their 2 yr anniversary she tried working it out but he told her he had too many feeling for Rachel so she left him. Then he blames Manda bc she's a whore and a liar and ruined his life.

It's been hell for Manda ever since. He moved in with Rachel and Jacque. Then moved to CT and Rachel went out and stayed with him at his parents and just recently moved back to Indiana and is with RAchel and living together with her. Their divorce is not final yet. Manda is struggling and having a hard time picking up the pieces of her life. It was never supposed to be this way and it sucks.

Yes you can't only blame Rachel but to even start that kind of relationship is such betrayal and she is not naive and knows exactly what she did. They both do and they will have to pay for this.

I know Manda better than anyone else and know exactly what had happened. For over a year things have been a downhill slide with her and Isaiah. He told her he never would have married her if he'd known she didn't want kids which he did so it was just hateful to say. Then he started messaging Rachel her sister and they were asked to stop but instead just hid it. She was moving back with or without him in February. He chose to come and got even deeper in with Rachel after Jacque moved 7 blocks away from Manda and Isaiah on purpose. He physically abused her and took Jacques side. She took a break and on their 2 yr anniversary she tried working it out but he told her he had too many feeling for Rachel so she left him. Then he blames Manda bc she's a whore and a liar and ruined his life.

It's been hell for Manda ever since. He moved in with Rachel and Jacque. Then moved to CT and Rachel went out and stayed with him at his parents and just recently moved back to Indiana and is with RAchel and living together with her. Their divorce is not final yet. Manda is struggling and having a hard time picking up the pieces of her life. It was never supposed to be this way and it sucks.

Yes you can't only blame Rachel but to even start that kind of relationship is such betrayal and she is not naive and knows exactly what she did. They both do and they will have to pay for this.

I distinctly remember Rachel being REALLY angry at Manda for 'betraying' the family and staying in the USA while the rest of the family moved to Costa Rica. The tone of her posts back then led me to think she felt personally betrayed and it is not hard to imagine that after being cooped up in the rigidity of fundie life, with only your siblings as friends (or, at least, as the only young people you actually interact with on a daily basis), the fact that one of your siblings escapes leaving you behind while they are superduperhappy living the life of an independent adult in love can certainly feel like a form of betrayal. So, Rachel's betrayal could just be her way to pay Manda back by stealing from her what had originally stolen Manda from the family, aka her husband. Ok, I'm not sure if any of this makes any sense, but I just think that life in the Dixon household back in the day when they were extra-ultra-fundies must have not been easy, to use a euphemism. Especially for the third daughter in line who was not held in the same consideration as Jocelyn (have you seen the FB profile pics of both Jocelyn and her mother? It's like they're besties and don't need anybody else) and would most likely look up to her elder sisters. Suddenly, Manda is out of the picture and you're left with an even smaller circle of acquaintances/friends. In other threads people are commenting on the effect that the marriage of any of the Duggar girls would have on their younger buddies, and I'm sure it must be very traumatic to 'lose' one member of your family, when your family constitutes your whole world.

Sorry this ended up being such a long post!

I distinctly remember Rachel being REALLY angry at Manda for 'betraying' the family and staying in the USA while the rest of the family moved to Costa Rica. The tone of her posts back then led me to think she felt personally betrayed and it is not hard to imagine that after being cooped up in the rigidity of fundie life, with only your siblings as friends (or, at least, as the only young people you actually interact with on a daily basis), the fact that one of your siblings escapes leaving you behind while they are superduperhappy living the life of an independent adult in love can certainly feel like a form of betrayal. So, Rachel's betrayal could just be her way to pay Manda back by stealing from her what had originally stolen Manda from the family, aka her husband. Ok, I'm not sure if any of this makes any sense, but I just think that life in the Dixon household back in the day when they were extra-ultra-fundies must have not been easy, to use a euphemism. Especially for the third daughter in line who was not held in the same consideration as Jocelyn (have you seen the FB profile pics of both Jocelyn and her mother? It's like they're besties and don't need anybody else) and would most likely look up to her elder sisters. Suddenly, Manda is out of the picture and you're left with an even smaller circle of acquaintances/friends. In other threads people are commenting on the effect that the marriage of any of the Duggar girls would have on their younger buddies, and I'm sure it must be very traumatic to 'lose' one member of your family, when your family constitutes your whole world.

Sorry this ended up being such a long post!

Her and Rachel were never close Rachel was always Jocelyn's clone and still is to this day. When she left Rachel had no issue taking part in the harassment which exploded when she had no issues dating her sister's ex husband. The family is a mess and there is no telling how things will end.

Manda and Isaiah are not even officially divorced yet

Exactly why it's disgusting but him and her sister don't care it's all around sad being screwed over by the one who is supposed to be your soul mate and the people who are supposed to be your family.

Her and Rachel were never close Rachel was always Jocelyn's clone and still is to this day. When she left Rachel had no issue taking part in the harassment which exploded when she had no issues dating her sister's ex husband. The family is a mess and there is no telling how things will end.

I guess I was trying make sense out of something that is just too messed up to make any sense at all. And to think I actually used to pity Rachel and consider her a victim of her crazy family life (which she was, like the rest of siblings, but still...). She always sounded very naïve to me. All those posts about writing novels and learning to draw: she reminded me of a modern version of Beth March (Little Women)...Good grief, Rachel, whatever possessed you? If my husband AND my sister did that to me I'd be devastated for a veeeery long time.

Do we know if their Dad took Manda's side at least?

The family is a mix of crazy it seems. From moderate fundie to seriously fundie to fake Jew to America is evil and must flee fake Jew fundie to saying they follow no religion but torah and laws, which included attempts to marry second marriage-age daughter to a random man in another country that all failed, to moving back to the US and sorta being just Christian again to now being non-religious hippie feminists, which is 180 spin from what they believed when I first knew them. I wonder if Jacque and husband, who's name I am blanking on at the moment, are even living together anymore. Also wonder about the other six children, Eric, Hannah, Caleb, LucyLillie, and Samuel and the other boy's name escapes me at the moment.

Also very curious who the sociopath/narcissist causing PTSD in Jacque's life is as she keeps mentioning it on her fb. Also seems Jocelyn lives in Tennessee and is in a relationship now. And it sounds like Rachel is maybe in a relationship with Amanda's ex now, which I'm not even getting into. I just Amanda and the six younger children a happy and healthy life despite all the hell they've had to go through.

Archived