IGNORED

Happy 23rd Philip Arndt!!!

0 kids n not countin

"A ship is safe at home in the harbor, but that is not what ships were built for."- I don't know who.

Seems an adequate quote for this situation. People their ages have stormed beaches under Nazi control, wrote novels, discovered science breakthroughs, built cities, loved families. I see no honor in holding a young adult with limitless potential under a roof.

The body language in that photo is horrible. A stunted young adult being fawned over by his sexpot of a mother. It's far too Pillars of the Earth for me.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, Daddy Ardnt is a true fundie, complete with his own ministry called "Safe at Home".

Agreed. It's their views that qualify them as fundies, not the fact that Mom dresses in low cut tops and shorts. Also, we have the 7 sisters who dress in frumpers but Mom dresses completely differently (something that always baffled me but don't want to derail this thread). At least Wizzie can dress in shorts, though.

No, Daddy Ardnt is a true fundie, complete with his own ministry called "Safe at Home".

And they believe in courtship and that they must wait for "God's best" to come a'calling.

Of course, considering that most of their offspring are grown men, we can't exclude the possibility that the rule isn't something Mommy and Daddy made up specifically to keep them safe at home. Any potential wife would have to agree with the notion of courtship which would mean she is also sitting at home waiting for God's best and would never dream of making the first move. Which is how you end up with men in their 30's still living at home never having been on a single date in their lives.

Agreed. It's their views that qualify them as fundies, not the fact that Mom dresses in low cut tops and shorts. Also, we have the 7 sisters who dress in frumpers but Mom dresses completely differently (something that always baffled me but don't want to derail this thread). At least Wizzie can dress in shorts, though.

Their Mom doesn't dress differently most of the time, just for her T-Tapp exercise things. In all the usual photos on their blog, she wears frumpers too.

I don't think I ever had a whole cake in my bedroom. I have eaten chocolate cake in bed......but never actually a whole birthday cake....weird.

Eating a cake in one's own bed is relatively normal I think. Eating cake in your parents' bedroom, though... The only time I go inside mine is when my mom asks me to get something for her work, but there's no way in hell I'm bringing food in there, let alone eat in their bed. The Arndt children probably still sleep in ma and pa's room when they get nightmares. They are so stunted I can actually see it happening.

There is some crazy shit going on with the Arndts, and I want to read the tell-all!

Maybe Wizzy would come up with one secretly in the future. I don't see any of the manboys ever stand up to Ma and Pa, let alone spill their guts in a tell-all.

Mama Arndt scares me.

Perhaps that's the reason none of the manboys have ever been near a girl. Mama A purposely scares them away, in a "my boys, all mine, leave my boys alone" sort of way.

I wonder what would happen if one of the Arndt manboys actually did find a wife? Would she be expected to move into the family home? Hard to imagine one of the manboys leaving the famteam and living on his own.

I wonder what would happen if one of the Arndt manboys actually did find a wife? Would she be expected to move into the family home? Hard to imagine one of the manboys leaving the famteam and living on his own.

Rick is on record saying that when he built the house on that huge piece of land, he imagined his sons and their families all living there.

But I get the feeling Mommy Arndt might not like the idea of daughters-in-law.

Rick is on record saying that when he built the house on that huge piece of land, he imagined his sons and their families all living there.

But I get the feeling Mommy Arndt might not like the idea of daughters-in-law.

Oh definitely. It's pretty clear that Mommy Arndt wants to be the only woman in their lives.

"A ship is safe at home in the harbor, but that is not what ships were built for."- I don't know who.

Seems an adequate quote for this situation. People their ages have stormed beaches under Nazi control, wrote novels, discovered science breakthroughs, built cities, loved families. I see no honor in holding a young adult with limitless potential under a roof.

The body language in that photo is horrible. A stunted young adult being fawned over by his sexpot of a mother. It's far too Pillars of the Earth for me.

QFT I get my sick kicks reading about them, but with every birthday cake presentation in the bed of conception picture, they make me more and more sad for them. Not sure who referenced the pod people, but his eyes just look so lifeless to me. What a waste.

Archived