IGNORED

Duggar Episode Tonight

xDreamerx

Why the hell were they encouraging the kids to climb on the rock and through the drainage ditch? Anna made me angry when she said, "There was a sign back there saying, "Don't climb on the rocks" but there isn't one in front of these rocks." Playing stupid isn't cute Anna.

Damn it. Respect the rules.

When we watched the episode where Josie went to the hospital, my youngest daughter asked why the sisters were called, caregivers and not baby sitters. I told her that was because the sisters did as much, if not more, of the care than their mom. It was said when JD said that Jill could comfort children because she had years and years of experience.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought it was so sweet when the older girls got Josie to calm down in the hospital. Such a tender moment. Then when Michelle arrives the next day, Josie does not even smile at her. I am sure Michelle really wanted to hold Josie, but I would have at least hugged Jana and said thank you.

They've said before in one of the older El Salvador episodes that "We might even adopt one of these children" (or something along those lines... I remember JimBoob said it).

what bothered me most about this episode is when Michelle and Jim bob got off the plane and rushed to the hospital they didnt even acknowledge Jana. I would be so hurt if my parents did that to me and I cant imagine doing that to my own child.

That part pissed me off. But I think Jana has been conditioned to think that it is ok for people not to acknowledge or thank you.

Im from the uk so wont see this season for a while - we only just have the last one when Josie was first born. I found this on youtube

from behind the scenes of Focus on the family. Worth a watch, but poor Jordyn wandering around on her own.

(sorry if your not meant to post links)

I suspect the reason we didn't see John David right away in the Josie emergency is that he has been rumored to be living on his own in the house that Jim Bob was using for his home church. It may be close by but obviously he wouldn't have been there immediately. I wouldn't be surprised if this were so, but the Duggars are not going to admit on camera that he is living independantly. If his pager went off in the middle of the night, wouldn't that have also woken up his 8 little brothers who are all in the same bedroom?

Im from the uk so wont see this season for a while - we only just have the last one when Josie was first born. I found this on youtube
from behind the scenes of Focus on the family. Worth a watch, but poor Jordyn wandering around on her own.

(sorry if your not meant to post links)

I saw that. It was very sad. They basically told her to go play on her own (which I can kind of see because they were playing music), but it was the way it was said. Very nonchalant without any inflection of affection or caring. Then when she ran off through a door (off camera), presumably outside they just told Boob that she'd ran outside. If it were my toddler/child I would have ran after her immediately. Boob didn't seem bothered.

I saw that. It was very sad. They basically told her to go play on her own (which I can kind of see because they were playing music), but it was the way it was said. Very nonchalant without any inflection of affection or caring. Then when she ran off through a door (off camera), presumably outside they just told Boob that she'd ran outside. If it were my toddler/child I would have ran after her immediately. Boob didn't seem bothered.

After so many kids I can't imagine finding the energy to be bothered by much of anything. I'm sure for the younger ones the little milestones like first haircut, first missing tooth, first easter/christmas, etc just don't get the same level of acknowledgment.

Ooooo, bananacat! Girl, that was some first-rate trollie smack-down! You go! :greetings-clapyellow:

THAT THAT THAT!!!!!!!!!

And, since they have done so many missions trips to El Salvador I would assume it's just another trip - no babies coming back. :)

Agree with all of the above.

Adoption should not not about a family needing a(nother) child. It's about a child needing a home and loving, stable, committed parent/s. IMO, if you can and want to provide that, whether you have 1, or 6, or 16, you should. I don't think it's necessarily family size; it's the quality of the family. There are plenty of parents I know with 1 or 2 who have no business adopting because they're in over their head with the ones they have, but OTOH, I know a family that has 16, most of them adopted, and are phenomenal, and I'd vouch for them any day of the week, as would their children. The Duggars cannot take care of the ones they have already. There should be no adoptions in their future, and I will pray to whatever god you want me to that any agency they may or may not apply to sees them for what they are and handles it appropriately.

As I posted before, JD said he ran to the other end of the house when his pager went off, and they edited in a shot running on the catwalk from one end of the house to the other. I don't think JD was anywhere but in the barracks with the rest of the boys.

Archived